Idol gives honest yet clean account of teen ups and downs.

Parent of a 4, 6, and 9 year old Written byAniF February 18, 2010

Addictive anthems

My 9 year old and I both love Kelly - she's a talented singer and songwriter and has spoken out in the media against society's body-obsession. The songs on this disc are addictive but clean, and are infused with confident anthemic girl-power.
Teen, 14 years old Written byZarah November 12, 2010

I Love It :)

Love this cd, In my opinion it's her best. All of the songs rock and I think it's great for all ages!
Teen, 15 years old Written bynewmoonwolves January 28, 2010
Kelly Clarkson has done it again. This is a great album and I do not hook up is one of the best songs ever. She is a good role model showing kids to follow their dreams and she is a great singer and good for all ages.
Parent of a 12 year old Written bytealsweety July 16, 2009

kelly

i love this album its the best!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byFathomT July 7, 2015

Kelly at her best: pretty clean as well

Kelly Clarkson has one of the strongest voices out there. That is undeniable. But on Thankful and Breakaway, her voice wasn't very mature. She learned how to use the power in her voice on My December but she doesn't harness it on her more popish songs until now. This is one of my favorite albums by her because a. Her voice is used at its best (sorry Thankful and Breakaway) b. the songs she sings are actually ALL good songs (sorry Stronger) and c. There is variety (sorry Piece by Piece) [You may have noticed that I didn't criticize My December. That wasn't an accident.). It's also pretty clean. My Life Would Suck Without You has an unhealthy message about taking back a bad lover and it is an unfortunately fun song. I Do Not Hook Up has a heathy message about not rushing into a relationship, but has some drinking references ("oh sweetheart put the bottle down"). The title is the only thing sexual about it, something that was changed from the Katy Perry demo ("keep your thing in your pants" became "keep your hand in my hand"). There may be some language, but nothing above a d--n or h--l. Except for those aforementioned two songs this album is filled with good messages. Kelly Clarkson is arguably the most relatable pop star out there and keeps her music clean. This album is great for kids of all ages!
Teen, 13 years old Written byVenezia April 12, 2013

Love K Clarkson!!!!

kelly clarkson is by far my favorite pop music artist. She delivers the right messages in all of her albums. However the song "I Do Not Hook Up" is not exactly for younger kids. the message is I don't have sex with boyfriends before Im married, hence the title
Kid, 10 years old November 10, 2011

good! :)

I really like I don't hook up. But there are some refrences to drinking
Kid, 12 years old March 13, 2011

"I Do Not" understand how you overlooked this!

Okay, I can't believe that you included I Do Not Hook Up in the alcohol section!! HELLO!! It's actually called I DO NOT HOOK UP!!!! Do you guys think that that shouldn't be in the sex category???? Well, you're wrong...All in all, great album, I love Already Gone.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymusicprincess101 January 17, 2011

Luv this album!

It wasn't Kelly's best album (obviously Breakaway was her best) but definitely worth listening to. Violence includes (in Long Shot): I felt it/The wire touched my neck and/Then someone pulled it tighter/I started to black out and/I never saw it coming Language: Is that too much to give a d*mn, when I'm giving you one hundred and ten Drinking: Oh sweetheart put the bottle down (in I do not hook up) Kelly's vocals are powerful but sweet in each song, I love it! 5 stars.
Kid, 12 years old December 22, 2009
The song "All I Ever Wanted" was very cool and I think Kelly Clarkson did a good job!
Kid, 11 years old December 22, 2009

awesome!!

awesome i love her!!!!! she is my fav american idol winner so far!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written bybooklover106 November 5, 2009

nearly perrrrfect

these songs are nearly perfect. only a few times when they mention it but nothing big.
Parent of a 11 year old Written byjsharpe October 25, 2009
l love her so much
Teen, 13 years old Written byHilly September 22, 2009

Perfect In Every Way.

Awesome, awesome Kelly CD. It's not Hannah Montana-ish, so kids won't grow out of it in a year. Wonderful, her best CD ever in my opinion. My Top 3: -My Life Would Suck Without You -I Do Not Hook Up -Already Gone
Teen, 14 years old Written bynazz4ever September 15, 2009
i love this album!my favorite song is already gone!:]
Teen, 13 years old Written byks123 August 22, 2009
Teen, 14 years old Written byDarkdani17 August 18, 2009
I really love kelly clarkson she is a very strong female who can say a point! her songs helpd me thru break ups =)
Teen, 14 years old Written byKaty0 August 13, 2009

Solid Album

After the so-so "My December" album Kelly Clarkson returns in fine form.
Kid, 11 years old July 29, 2009

I cried!

IDK if it's on this album, but i cry at the song "because of you" because i can relate to it so so much. There are a lot on memtaphors in it, and unless you lived the song, you won't get them.
Kid, 12 years old June 15, 2009

Must buy CD

You must buy this CD. I love all of the songs on it! All of them rock! I love All I Ever Wanted. At first I thought it would be something like "You are all I ever wanted." and it would be all romantic and then it was awesome! I totally did not expect that! You must buy this CD! Swears some but not a lot!