All member reviews for All the Right Reasons

Intense and honest, but best for mature teens+.

Teen, 14 years old Written byFloydclaptonblues April 9, 2008

Same Old Song, Same Old Dance

Same music, same voice, same concepts, and the same very risque lyrics. Nickelback always makes an album that sounds like the last one they made. The lyrical content is harsher than usual, though. All in all, spend your money on something else.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySexionKlosed April 9, 2008

Speechless!

This is like the best cd I've boughten in a long time! Its a really god cd with a few minor curses and a sex issue in the song 'Animals', but otherwise... great. You should really think about bying it if you like rock.
Adult Written by. April 9, 2008

some excellent songs, decent album

Track by track review; ratings out of 5 Follow You Home-4 Hard song, sounds like one of NBs older songs. Slight violence issue Fight For all the Wrong Reasons-4 Again, this is a fairly hard song, this time with sexual content. However, there is a good message about being with someone because you get along, not because you are physically attracted. Photograph-5 Most popular radio single of album. A clean walk down memory lane. Animals-1 By far the hardest song on the album. This is a very sexist song with no melody, and Chad Kroeger screams most of the time. About sneaking out of the house late at night to have sex in a car with your girlfriend. Savin Me-5 Only song NB has ever written that actually has interesting lyrics. Power Ballad about an angel who is sent back to earth to make up for her sins, and a man who is stuck in prison and considering suicide. Clean. Far Away-5 Good song with excellent acoustic guitar and good melody, if you can get past the cheesey lyrics. Clean. Next Contestant-2 Not a great song, sexual lyrics about a guy protecting his girlfriend. If Everyone Cared-5 Great power ballad, clean with excellent, albeit overused, lyrics. Someone that You're With-3 Not great, not inappropriate. Gets old fast, and has an irritating melody that gets stuck in your head easily. Rockstar-4 Good song. Different from any other NB song. Sex, drugs, and profanity are all slight issues (some minor references), but the song is a satire of the stereotypical rock star image. Overall, this is a good album. It has some great songs as well as some terrible ones. I felt it was ok for me because I am mature, but if you are under 13 or 14 or are easily influenced by music, than there is too much sex here. The melodies and instrumentation are good, but Chad Kroeger is one of the worst lyricists on the face of the earth, so if you like rock and don't pay too much attention to how cliche most of the songs sound, you will probably enjoy it.
Kid, 9 years old January 23, 2009

I like this

The songs I can relate to are "Photograph", "Savin' Me", "Far Away", "If Everyone Cared", and "Rockstar".
Teen, 13 years old Written byAlternative4ever April 9, 2008

.....

dude,this is kool. I liked it. Awesome CD. Favorite songs:Savin' Me and Photograph and Animals. P.s Lead singer=sounds hot. Real life=VERY UGLY!!!!! Just thought I'd say that. ....... Good bye
Parent of a 2, 10, 14, and 17 year old Written bySystemOfANintendo December 12, 2010

Some teens might relate, but all in all it's a pretty boring CD

Nickelback's first album was actually pretty good. Their next two albums were okay. But The Long Road was boring, and so is All The Right Reasons. Yes, they're are some positive messages, but it's mostly "she never learned not to talk with her mouth full" sexism. The language isn't a huge problem (two uses of a**hole), and the violence is definitely present but not extreme. The sex however comes in a lot. You can give Nickelback some credit, for giving an occasional thing that could be good for teens that are sad, but in the end it's just a boring and simplistic CD. You should probably spend your money on something else.
Teen, 13 years old Written bykillthelights October 2, 2009

I started listening to this album when I was nine and the only innapropriate song is Animals.
Teen, 16 years old Written byhamstergurl09 January 17, 2011

Eh.

This album, and Nickelback's music in general, is pretty lackluster. I used to like it, but not anymore.
Teen, 13 years old Written bypizzavince May 29, 2010

Beautiful Songs

I loved some of these songs! My favorites are Rockstar, Savin' Me, and If Everyone Cared. They are truly beautiful songs with great lyrics that really make you think.
Kid, 12 years old July 8, 2009

i love this cd

this is the best cd ever made
Adult Written bymthschick2006 April 9, 2008

Awesome

tells about everything from sex to their past it makes you think of how much time you really have with your friends and how much fun a person can really have if allowed
Adult Written bytedlilly April 9, 2008

Don't Listen to the Critics

All the Right Reasons is a fantastic CD. From the nostalgic "Photograph," to the rock-opera like ballad "Savin' Me" to the raging guitars and soaring vocals of "Fight For All the Wrong Reasons," this is a must have CD. Despite the horrible reviews the disc got, the songwriting is excellent. It might not be very deep or original, but it is a realistic picture of life, and the songs put vivid (and sometimes quite graphic) images in the head of the listener, almost like watching a movie. The songs tell the story of the lead singer's childhood growing up in a poor rural town in Canada. Fellow parents, this cd is best for very mature teens and adults. It is easy to misinterpret what the singer is saying, thinking he condones the type of behavior described in the songs, when he is actually just statings the facts of life.
Teen, 16 years old Written byqueenrachie2 April 9, 2008

YEAH

BUY THIS NOW!! This is the best CD ever made. The songs are cleverly written and it's a mix of fast and slow songs. All over the best Cd in the universe.
Adult Written bytlilly April 9, 2008

Teen, 14 years old Written byStevie123 January 29, 2011

Teen, 13 years old Written byway245 June 14, 2010

A--hole is mentioned twice, nothing else to be worried about. This actually has some good messages also. Savin' Me is a christian song, and If Everyone Cared is about that you should do good.
Kid, 10 years old June 8, 2009

the best band in the world

the only songs they curse in this cd is next conastant rockstar photograph i think but photograph you got to understand the wordsto what they are saying that is my dads favorite nickelback song mine is hero ( from spiderman) my moms is rockstar my brothers is far away i have the nickleback dvd with all there videos all there songs on my mp3 the best cd ever made

Teen, 16 years old Written byNickelbacker April 9, 2008

A good CD with a very direct point

This album is a great one but the topics that are sung have a very distinct point... I like it. But if you really want to have YOUR morals in your music than maybe you shouldn't get it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byCaliforniaQueen2011 April 9, 2008

Fantastic Rock Music!

Nickelback is an amazing band! They are very successful and have at least 6 hit songs from this album. I just bought "All the Right Reasons" yesterday. I love it! Songs like "If Everyone Cared", "Savin' Me" and "Far Away" have very thought-provoking lyrics. However, with that being said, parents may object to some of the content in this album. "Fight For All the Wrong Reasons" and "Animals" have some strong sexual content. Oral sex and genital fondling are especially evident in the song "Animals". Its lyrics, though not grossly explicit, would probably go over younger listener's heads. "Next Contestant" is a song about his bartender girlfriend getting hit on by other guys - AND even girls. Other negative elements include some mention of drugs in "Rockstar". That song also glamorizes a world in which the "girls come easy and the drugs come cheap". The album contains mild profanity. All in all, this is a great album. I love the alternative rock sound! Its content is very inappropriate for kids under 12. I think it would be appropriate for mature kids 12+. Thanks for reading! Allie