All member reviews for All Things Bright and Beautiful

Teen, 14 years old Written byPanda Incognito August 16, 2011

Absolutely marvelous!

Delightful, cheerful tunes which refrain from being sappy or happy-go-lucky, this album is a delight! I would recommend it to anyone! The music is beautiful, the lyrics often poetic and clever, and Adam Young's faith is clearly represented without contrivance.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymathgirlie July 10, 2011

Amazing!

Owl City is one of my favorite bands/singers (which is he?) for one reason: his incredibly mushy lyrics. Yes, I admit it. His occasionally overly goopy choice of words has appealed to my hidden romantic self, and I was dragged in to become a hardcore Owl Citizen. In the review for "Ocean Eyes," the CSM reviewer seemed to make it appear that his sappy lyrics were a BAD thing, and let me just say that I totally disagree. Adam's music puts me into a euphoric daze whenever I hear it - he is, as onyxprincess put, a hopeless romantic. I've been waiting for All Things Bright and Beautiful since January, and it's finally here and as amazing as I expected it to be! He's branching out a bit, experimenting with various musical styles, but he keeps the good ol' heart-melting verses that define him as an artist. Content-wise, this album is as clean as a polished marble floor: there is one 'violent' metaphor in "Hospital Flowers," but it's not meant to be viewed as literal: it's just a metaphor, nothing more. And in "Deer in the Headlights," the only other 'violent' phrase is played for laughs, so nothing big there. There is no sexual content besides lovey-dovey, hopelessly-in-love-with-you stuff, and there's no language whatsoever. Adam Young is a great role model and everyone should support his music! Buy this CD NOW!
Teen, 13 years old Written byDanTheDog February 11, 2014

Good album

My faveorite song is 'The Real World'. It's about how while this world has a lot to offer, we shouldn't want to depend completely on everything because the world has some bad things as well. This message is mostly broadcast in the lyric: 'Reality is a lovely place/ But I wouldn't want to live there!'
Kid, 12 years old December 29, 2013

Amazingness is here!

Wow! I loved it :-) I bought it right when it came out, along with the other Owl City albums. Please buy it, and let your child(ren) enjoy! -Emily
Kid, 12 years old September 3, 2012

Awesome CD is Appropriate for People of All Ages

This CD is amazing. I completely disagree with Common Sense Media's rating of three stars. This is a five-star CD. Every single song on this CD is amazing. Not only is that true, but almost every song is meaningful. Owl City makes the best songs ever. I also disagree with the age rating of 12. This CD is appropriate for people of all ages. Anyways, Adam Young (Owl City) is a positive role model. He doesn't sing about drinking, drugs, smoking, or anything inappropriate. He doesn't swear in his songs, either. His songs also have positive messages. For example, in the song "Galaxies", the lines "Dear God, I was terribly lost when the galaxies crossed and the sun went dark, but dear God You're the only North Star I would follow this far" are sang. Now to the review about content: Violence: The lyric "Black eye and bloody nose" appears in "Deer in the Headlights", but it's meant to be humorous. One song is called "Kamikaze"; if you don't know what Kamikaze is, then you should look it up; if you're a kid, you might want to have your parents look it up, because it's a word meaning something that may bother some people due to its violence. Please look it up if you don't know what it is and you're planning on buying this CD. The song has the line "Kamikaze over me" in the chorus, but I'm pretty sure that it's only a metaphor. Inappropriate content: None. Language: None. Consumerism: None. Drinking, drugs, and smoking: None. This CD is a great choice for everyone.
Kid, 12 years old August 2, 2012

AMAZING

I LOVE OWL CITY! Adam Young (Owl City) is amazing! His lyrics are poetic and beautiful, and his music is genius. There is NOTHING inappropriate in any of his songs--no cursing, etc. His music is awesome and makes me smile every time I hear one of his songs. My favorite song from All Things Bright and Beautiful would have to be... Honey and the Bee... and Alligator Sky... and Hospital flowers. Adam Young is brilliant, and his music reflects that. I get lost in daydreams whenever I listen to it! Bright, positive, and full of dreams, All Things Bright and Beautiful--and all other Owl City songs--are absolutely amazing. Owl City is my favorite artist!
Teen, 13 years old Written byVanessaRose May 9, 2012

Galaxies Owl City is safe for anyone to listen too :D

He is a good role model and its not just about nature one of the songs on the Cd like galaxies its about God leading him like he says: Dear,God i was terribly lost when galaxies crossed and the sun went dark but Dear,God your the only north star i would follow this far. And:Herclues you have nothing to say to me cause you not the blinding light that i need for he(God) is the saving grace that I need. that song is Beautiful i love all Owl city songs and he is a good role model and i think all their song are safe for kids to listen to cause i"m 13 and i do not listen to bad music and my parents check what i listen too so i love all their song like Galaxies, FireFlies and To the sky and much more Lol but yea its safe to listen too and i luv Owl city :D
Teen, 16 years old Written byLydiaDaydream13 February 12, 2012

Amazing Album, I listen to it every day!

I am a proud Owl Citizen and I love Owl City, along with Sky Sailing, and all of Adam Young's other side projects! I think Adam is a lyrical genious, and he is such a complicated and intelligent guy. He's also really sweet! Words cannot express how much I love Owl City!
Teen, 13 years old Written byTangiRose January 19, 2012

All Things Bright and Beautiful

This was my first Owl City album. I love it. Some of the themes might be a little over younger kids' heads, however the lyrics do have their moments of sheer cheesiness. For example, in the song 'The Yaht Club', the first line of the song goes as the following: "My rock candy passion is bitter sweet, and hard to the teeth; 'Cuz she would rather fall in chocolate..especially with me. I stood under the waterfall with a kiwi-pinapple parasol, as Cinderella dropped the crystal ball and made a concrete cavern--a caterpillar concert...Aah..." ...See? Almost no since at all. The tunes are catchy, though. The rest of the songs are great, but 'Hospital Flowers', 'Plant Life' and 'Kamikaze' refernace to injury or death...three of my favorite songs of all time, but it might disturb younger listeners. Reguardless, I think this is a must-have for everyone. :)
Teen, 14 years old Written byjb321678 December 3, 2011

Outstanding clean music.

Adam Young is one of the best singers I have heard. It is clear that he really loves God. Just listen to the lyrics in some of his songs and you see what I mean. For example his song Galaxies is very much about God. The songs Angles and Meteror Shower are religious as well. Owl City is extremely appropriate for anyone. In our culture it seems that most songs have to be inappropriate. But Owl City is anything but inappropriate. All of his songs have great messages or are just good clean music. It makes me smile to know that we have some singers that sing about the positive things in life.
Teen, 16 years old Written byOwlCityFan October 11, 2011

AMAZING album. NOTHING iffy and simply gorgeous

Adam Young makes some of the most thought provoking, simply beautiful music ever. Perfectly clean and is a delight to listeners. No inappropriate content whatsoever. I listen to Owl City probably more than anything else. Has positive messages about observing and enjoying the beauty around you, and cherishing life. Makes you stop and think....
Teen, 13 years old Written byHootOwl October 5, 2011

Simply beautiful music.

Awesome. Truly awesome. A whole lot better than most of the music people my age listen to now-a-days.
Teen, 14 years old Written byAnoziram September 22, 2011

Amazing for all

This is simply beautiful. Amazing music, no profanity or sexual references, nothing wrong at all with it! Adam Young, the man behind Owl City, is a musical genius, and a strong Christian. His music is uplifting and breathtaking, and I'd recommend it to anyone.
Teen, 14 years old Written byimmabeamazing August 21, 2011

LOVE LOVE LOVE

Oh, I LOVE LOVE LOVE this album. :D Adam Young's music is amazing. The songs are so cute, and really fit the title "All Things Bright and Beautiful". I am a huge Owl City fan, and I think this album is the best! Even non Owl City fans will like it! I especially love the songs Kamikaze and Galaxies. <3 There is nothing bad about these songs. :) I would totally reccomend getting this album!!
Teen, 15 years old Written byadtr_forever July 29, 2011

Love it!

I do not have this CD, but I have a couple of the songs from it, and they are wonderful!!!! Owl City aka Adam, is great! (: Love it! My favorite songs from the album are, 'Deer in the Headlights' & 'The Real World'.
Teen, 13 years old Written byonyxprincess July 7, 2011

BUY THIS ALBUM

Owl City is the best musical artist ever! I highly reccomend this album! PLease read full review! Role models/Positive messages: Adam is the perfect role model! Hes 25 but doesn't cuss, drink, etc. All the songs have good messages such as Dreams Don't Turn to Dust. Violence:Hospital Flowers has lyrics like "I survived a dreadful accident in the car crash of the century" but it's a metaphor it's a really beautiful song about finding beauty in your darkest hour. Deer in the Headlights says "Got the sense I was not her type by a black eye and bloody nose" but it's played for humor, and if you know Adam's personality, it will bring a smile to your face because he's a bit of a hopeless romantic. Plant Life mentions feeling dead, as in feeling alone in the dark, then busting out of the haunted house and feeling good again Sex:Nothing at all, just mentions of innocent and cute romance. Language:Nothing Consumerism:Nothing Drugs/drinking:Nothing Note:The songs Angels and Galaxies are a tad more religious (Adam is a devoted Christian) but if you're not a Christian, you can easily skip these songs, and I've heard of non-Christians enjoying them and interperting them differently This is a fabulous, clean album, and I think that Common Sense Media's rating for 12 and up was a little harsh. Buy this album, and you won't regret it. Adam Young has created yet another beautiful collection of inspiring songs for me to get lost in daydreams in. Saw him in concert a while ago, and was BLOWN AWAY. He had me tears, just seeing him up on that stage. Owl City is so amazing, you have to buy this album ^_^