Parent reviews for Almost Alice

Soundtrack is a bit darker than the Tim Burton movie.

Based on 1 review

Parent of a 10-year-old Written bySofiasDad July 16, 2010

Questionable lyrics on "Tea Party" song

I too disagree with the commonsense review, both my 10 year old daughter and I think the best song on the CD is Avril Lavigne's song "Alice". My daughter's other favorites are "Follow Me Down" and "Tea Party". My inspiration to write this review, was to warn about annoying lyrics in the Kerli song "Tea Party". On first listen I deemed the album 'not over the line', but giving the song "Tea Party" a real listen I find the lyrics, while not crossing the line, are annoyingly and unnecessarily close to it. Lines like "Just try and nibble on my biscuits" - OK, kind of funny double meaning. But then, "Let's be non commissional, Got my elbows down, pinkies up, that's the way you sip my cup" - not so funny, parent radar alert. Then finally, "fatha mucka, try to show some class" - now wait right there. I know she REALLY didn't say it, but does the music have to stop right as she says it, so it's as clear as day what it sounds like she's saying?. The review says "Language: Not An Issue".
All in all, that's not enough for me to discourage hearing the CD, I like a few songs myself. But compared to that song, the Grace Potter cover of Grace Slick's "White Rabbit" even with its sneaky 60s drug references seems tame, at least it has real Alice references. Maybe that's all I'm looking for, if your going to write the song like that, be sneaky or clever about it.