All member reviews for American Idiot

Punk rock opera actually rocks!

Kid, 12 years old November 20, 2010

Great Band

This is my favorite Green Day album, and it talks about important stuff like the government. All kids in Junior High should be able to listen to this, and if younger kids' parents are okay with it then they should listen to it too.
Teen, 15 years old Written byparamour March 31, 2011

The american suburbs in musical form

This album, though it has some language, is good. It describes what happens in a typical suburb that parents don't know about. So if you want to know whats going on wit your kid, I suggest listening to it, especially if your child is a high schooler
Kid, 7 years old February 23, 2011

this album is an instant classic
Teen, 15 years old Written byledzeppelinrock April 9, 2008

Not All That Bad

Yeah, they swear sometimes but the CD overall isn't really that bad. For the songs... American Idiot-3/5 Jesus of Suburbia-4/5 Holiday-5/5 Boulevard of Broken Dreams-2/5 Are we the Waiting-2/5 St. Jimmy-5/5 She's A Rebel-4/5 Extrodinary Girl-4/5 Letterbomb-5/5 Wake Me Up When Septmember Ends-5/5 Homecoming-4/5 Whatsername-5/5 Great CD!
Teen, 16 years old Written byggig April 9, 2008

Best green day

American Idiot should not be parental advisory. It is not bad except for a swear word here and there. Nothing is bad so ignore the parental advisory.
Adult Written byMovieboy321 April 26, 2015

green day at its best

Green day american idiot experiences with real life poetic references with death and Jesus and an emotional song with a kid committing suicide with a kid joining a cult . The album earned its parental advisory label with its strong language of the use of the f word frequently as well as fag and sh** but this album has a colossal message of the meaning of life
Teen, 13 years old Written byLilz the pawz April 14, 2015

A MUST FOR ALL ROCK FANS

This album does contain some iffy content with the f word used thoughout but most kids have heard all these words really. There is some drug content but this stays pretty low and dosen't push the boundries too much but it's one of the only popular albums that has nothing about objectifying women. I have loved this album since I was 6 years old!
Adult Written byFireFire April 2, 2015

Green Day: American Idiot

This is a great album but some things have crossed the line. In American Idiot it says "Well maybe I'm the f**at America" And "People are all full of s**t" And other words as p*ss and f**k. Which people will find offensive. They talk about massacres and 1 sad song on suicide. Jesus references are very offensive. They talk about pills, and smoking in one song.
Parent Written byBabiesAreYum July 31, 2014

DON'T WANNA BE A AMERICAN IDIOT

THIS SONG SUCKS I LIKE ICE CREAM AND MARMALADE BETTER
Teen, 13 years old Written byHgama October 20, 2013

GD

Great album from Rock band all i gotta say.
Teen, 13 years old Written byThedude68683 October 6, 2013

My thoughts

I love green day so this is my favorite album a must listen because its a good album
Teen, 14 years old Written byKat S. July 9, 2013

Really Long Review on Green Day!!!

This is one of the most AMAZING things I have ever heard. There are a lot of f--k's, s--t, f----t's, and other cuss words. What do expect from a PUNK rock band. Their second and twelfth songs have the most cussing because they are much longer than the other songs in the album and the songs are split into separate parts some harsher than the rest of the album. There are some songs on the album like Wake me up when September ends (which by the way is NOT a sucuide song) is about Billie's dad's death when Billie was only 10 years old. There is also Boulevard of Broken Dream which is pretty easy to explain by the title and then there is Are we the Waiting about the main character in the punk rock opera (Jesus of Suburbia) escaping from his suburban life and going to the larger city and finding out it's not what he thought it would be. The album is more theatrical than the other album's they have done. If you want to see if you will like this band try listening to Holiday from this album. If you are a fan of All Time Low then you will most definitely like this band!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written bybeautifulauras May 17, 2013

Use your own discretion.

I was headbanging to this album by age four because my parents love it, and it's still one of my favorites, but my judgement is getting the better of me on this one. My favorite song is 'Give Me Novocaine' because the metaphors are good and it sounds nice. 'Jesus of Suburbia' and 'Whatsername' will bring out the inner rocker in everyone. But I'm thinking...12 at least?
Parent of a 20 year old Written by11111111111111111111 December 27, 2012

Best album ever!!!

good political message. About the swears, I hear em every day at school and there's only two so give me a break and stop trying to stop me from hearing things that are gonna be said sometime or another so shut up, grown-ups, and let your kid listen to it.
Kid, 11 years old October 13, 2012

20 out of 20

this album is brilliant and people should definatley listen
Teen, 13 years old Written byalfredkikulover July 27, 2012

Amazing Album from an Amazing Band. <3

Green Day, my absoulute favorite band by the way, never fails to please. :3 There is a lot of cursing, but really, I was listening to songs off of this album when I was five. The story is violent, romantic, and heart tugging, which is exactly what you would expect from Green Day. Every song on the album is amazing, vocals, instruments, lyrics. Billie Joe's voice is absoulutley amazing.
Kid, 11 years old July 16, 2012

A Modern Classic!

This is an amazing album! Yes, there is some cursing and references to drugs and suicide, but like common sense said, if your tween is mature and can understand that there is much more to this album than rough language and guitar solos, than this is one of the best records out for fans of modern punk. (Note: This album is very liberal and anti-Bush/War. It may be against some family's beliefs, but for those children need to know that some people have different opinions, and that not everybody can agree on things.)
Kid, 11 years old July 7, 2012

Avoid being an American Idiot and buy the album

Green Day is why I love music. Minor language.
Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 July 7, 2012

american idiot

teenagers. Families can talk about why this album is referred to as a punk rock opera. What are some of the real-life issues that are dealt with? How do the different music styles contribute to the meaning of the songs?
Teen, 13 years old Written byEnderwiggin98 June 5, 2012

Favorite Album AND Favorite Band

I love love love everything about this album!! highly recommended.