All member reviews for Animal

Dance-pop CD isn't graphic but is too suggestive for kids.

Kid, 10 years old August 10, 2011

AWESOME ALBUM!

Great album! I'll move on to the review :). Sexual Content: "I wanna dance with no pants on" "boys trying to touch my junk, junk" maybe a few others but that one is noticeable. Language: Quite a few bleeped out "sh-t"s and a couple in one song that aren't bleeped out; there is more; "what the hell" "a--" "d-mn" "b-tch" and a bleeped out "d--k" . Drinking/Smoking/Drugs:Nothing bad really, just "Tik Tok" and "Take It off" but I love those songs. "Tik Tok" is funny. Highlights: Cool beats, some positive messages I think.
Kid, 12 years old August 10, 2011

BEST Album Since Teenage Dream

I LOVE THIS ALBUM!!!!!!!!!! Let's go through the contents. Language: Bleeped out "sh*t"'s, a bleeped out "d*ck", "sl-t", "p*ssin", "a**", "hell", "b*tch", "d*ck", "b*tches", and some suggestive terms. Sexual innuendo: "Do you wanna have a slumber party in my basement", "Boys trying to touch my junk", "Lose your clothes in the crowd", The term "pimps" is used a few times, "dirty free for all", "take it off right now", "and they turn me on when they take it off", "You really should of kept it in your pants, I'm hearing dirty stories from your friends", "I can find someone way hotter, with a bigger- well..", "I can charm the pants off anyone else, but you", "I want to keep you as my pet to play with and hide under my bed forever", "Turn around boy, let me hit that", "Don't be a little b*tch with your chit-chat, just show me where your d*ck's at"/ "Boy, come on and get my rocks of, come put a little love in my glove box, wanna dance with no pants on?"/ "I wanna be naked and your wasted"/ "I think you got the best of me, you're sleeping with the enemy", "Keep that scruff lookin rough", "Dance til your pants come of, come on get naked". Drinking/Drugs/Partying/Smoking: Mentions brushing her teeth with alcohol, and drinking all night until the sun comes up and she's passed out. She talks about partying til the break of dawn, and taking over a rich man's house, and entering the party, even though her and her friends aren't on the list. Good message: Though this album isn't the best for young kids like me, it is full of positive messages, and innocent heartbreak. "Kiss N Tell" Is about a dirty guy who she's trying to avoid because of his "grossness". Which is good. "Hungover" Is a great song about how she feels that she can't go on, she misses a boy she's lost, and is torn upon herself. "Backstabber" has some innuendo, she mentions her "sex life", and it has the use of "sh*t", "b*tches", "a**", "hell", and a bleeped out "f*cking". It is an angry song about how a friend of hers has gone bad and stabbed her in the back after Ke$ha was there for her. "Blind" is another sad heartbreak song about a boy who left her all alone without warning, and is now paying the price for what he's done to Ke$ha. "Dancing With Tears In My Eyes" is a sad song about Ke$ha realizing that she's gone too far, her true love is really gone this time, and she feels that it's helped wake her up to the fact that she's messed up and damaged her life. "Animal" is a strong love song about never dying love. Another good thing is that they are all SO catchy!!! I love the beats! You can even dance to the ballads!!!
Teen, 15 years old Written bymida22 July 31, 2011

bad

really bad songs. They're all about drinking and partying, and they're also boring and repetitive and give me a headache. Don't buy or listen
Teen, 14 years old Written bysydneysinger101 June 17, 2011

Ke$ha, The Party Girl

Most all of her songs are talking about drinking and getting drunk. She isn't a good role model. Not really someone you want your kids to look up to or listen to.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycinnagurl May 4, 2011

perfect for tweens and teens i dont think that adults would like it

tik tok was my fave song when i was 11. i love tis cd. i really like ke$ha. my mom loves tik tok
Teen, 13 years old Written byKallik April 27, 2011

I hear worse in my middle school BUT...

I hear MUCH worse at school from people 10 years younger than her. I wouldn't let a 10 year old listen to songs like 'Blah Blah Blah' though. She references some innapropriate behaviors in a lot of songs, but it also has several songs that are fine for anyone to listen to. But I like every song on it =D
Kid, 12 years old April 19, 2011

broccoli

Ke$ha is a terrible role model she always talks about getting drunk and boys trying to touch her "junk" (in tick tock) plus she looks like she should have a bath.
Kid, 10 years old April 12, 2011

there may not be the greatest messages but its music not and class in elementARY school! nothing parents should be worried about! the only thing is language. i have blah blah blah on my iPod touch and i am not allowed to use any word from "sucks" to "d**k" but i have the songs that use A Lot of cuss words. my parents know i wouldnt say that stuff.you just need a loyal kid!
Kid, 10 years old March 10, 2011

For now I like her

I go back and forth between liking Ke$ha and haing Ke$ha. 1. Tik Tok 2. Animal 3. Dinosaur 4. Your love is my drug
Teen, 16 years old Written bybieberlover6 February 26, 2011

good for late tweens and teens.

Here's clean Ke$ha. She has two sides to her. This is the nicer side for kids. It's about letting go and having fun. But the lyrics can be taken as sexual. It al depends on your child's maturity level.
Kid, 10 years old February 23, 2011

Very Explicit and Sinful

She's Horrible! She sends the message that you can do whatever you want whenever you want and get drunk and not be in huge trouble. I am sorry to say all this to all u Ke$ha lovers but she is gonna end up in jail and music career over!
Teen, 15 years old Written byrandonheaton February 5, 2011

Teen, 14 years old Written bySalimullah January 31, 2011

House Music, Where's the Depth??

Ok...so Kesha makes house music....very very catchy but not the best of music. Like it's great to dance to or cranking it up in your car...but the lyrics are not meaningful. If you like lady Gaga, buy it! If you prefer artists like Beyonce or Michael Jackson, u can pass!! Hope My Review Helped!
Teen, 14 years old Written bybdd458 December 23, 2010

Sicking...

Really? She has NO TALENT!
Parent Written byCommonSenseParent November 23, 2010

Best music album I have ever heard.

Talented pop star Ke$ha makes fun pop hits that is appropiate for kids. Despite Common Sense Media's review, I found nothing explicit or sinful. This album was filled with talent and was well worth my money. If you can buy only one album, buy Ke$ha's Animal. It is the best music you will hear in ages. Ke$ha is truly an inspiration. A+
Teen, 14 years old Written byiheartmusic5678 November 1, 2010

Music=awesome; Lyrics=no good

i love her music! its so fun but the messages arent the greatest, especially when it comes to "take it off" and "blah blah blah". they're all about randomly hooking up or drinking and partying.
Teen, 17 years old Written byJirafnutt October 30, 2010

Gotta love it, but it's iffy...

While I love the album, the content is a bit iffy. Most of the songs are about drinking, partying, bashing, or being obsessed over a guy, and her vocabulary would definitely raise some eyebrows. Iffy content aside, the CD is definitely catchy and unique,and I can't wait for the next one.
Educator Written byyellowdiamond15 October 23, 2010

Shes good for kids 13 thay could understand!
Kid, 10 years old September 5, 2010

A little iffy

Ke$ha has interesting songs and an interesting voice. One warning that I have is her songs have a lot of alcohol mentioning but other than that I have no concerns.
Teen, 15 years old Written byteamjacobgirl2.0 August 30, 2010

Ke$ha = 0 talent

I used to like Ke$ha until I heard her preformance on the MuchMusic Awards. Its obvious, after you hear her singing LIVE, that Ke$ha has no talent whatsoever. She couldn't sing like she does in her video's to save her life. Although this album has a couple catchy songs all she does is talk about making out and drinking. Not a good role model but, the main thing about her is her lack of talent. She goes around bashing Brittany Spears, who has talent, when she can't even sing herself! Brittany trys and she does have a singing talent. Ke$ha is the oppisite of her and she's just upset because she knows she can't sing. Overall the album is OK and a little weird.