All member reviews for Anywhere I Lay My Head

Movie starlet does somber Waits covers.

Teen, 13 years old Written bySonia jazz April 7, 2010
I don't have anything against this kind of music, but i really didn't like this. I don't like her voice and I think it is pretty bad.
Teen, 14 years old Written byParker H. August 16, 2009
I'm a big fan of Scarlett Johansson and this album just added to what she can do and what she can do well. This CD is not upbeat or happy but is still fun to listen to. Scarlett Johansson needs to keep making music. Her new single Relator is better than these songs and also features Pete Yorn which makes it all the better
Adult Written byvveronica April 9, 2008

I think that too many people are over-analyzing this album because it's covers from a ledgend and I think when a person covers a ledgend they are subject to more comparisons and harsh judgements than average because of it. Just forget all that & listen, the detail the dedication to the music. Think of actor/musicians like Lindsey yuck Scarlet's the real deal.
Teen, 13 years old Written byhowl April 9, 2008

Perhaps not for a 'casual' listener.

Scarlett Johansson has starred in many box-office hits and flops, yet this will fall into neither category. Scarlett tackles Tom Waits incredibly difficult catalog. While more listenable to than Tom's signature growl, her voice can monotonous, like Nico meets Jesus and Mary Chain. That said, I'm huge Tom Waits fan and her version of "I Don't Wanna Grow Up" makes me wish that Tom or Joey Ramone will take over vocals. While there is not much issue with morals, I feel that the indie feel, intelligent lyrics, and interesting compositions make its social message honest, relatable, and intelligent.