Parent reviews for Artpop

Pop provocateur's joyless album sends iffy messages.

Parent of a 9-year-old Written byAgustin A. November 3, 2018

10 and under should ask and listen to album with parent or guardian

This is a dance type of album, says many bad words, and innopropiate

Parent Written byMomma K. June 27, 2017

Lady Gaga is one of the best pop stars of this century,but some songs are for older children.

Lady Gaga is a great performer,but some of her songs and videos from this album are innapropriote for young children. The song with the most child-friendly lyrics on this album is Applause,but the rest of the album has lyrics like:'Do what you want with my body' and some bad language. Gaga can also be a good role model for kids sometimes, with all of the work she has done for The Born this Way charity and telling people to stand up to bullying. So let your kids listen to Lady Gaga's more child friendly songs like Born this Way, Just Dance, You and I,Bad Romance and Applause. Overall a great album and a great singer, but I would recommend for ages 14 and up.
Adult Written byevolinag October 18, 2014

Disappointing and uninventive Gaga album had some iffy content

The worst thing that an album can do is starting off with the best track. "Aura", the opening song, is an irresistable psytrance inspired excellent line delivery, generally hard beats, techno-ish bass and synths and an earworm chorus. Sadly, it stays the album's most memorable moment.

Much of the album's songs sound the same, and on top of that, surprisingly uninventive. Lady Gaga, who is known for such power anthems as "Born This Way", "Bad Romance", "Telephone", "Poker Face:, "Alejandro", "Just Dance", "The Edge of Glory", "Judas", "Lovegame" or "Paparazzi" - in other words more memorable tracks and instant classics than any other artist in the last 10 years - it is kind of sad that her fourth album (considering "The Fame Monster" a standalone album) sounds, simply put, exchangable.
We've all heard this before, and much better.
Gaga's fun diva attitude just isn't enough to sustain the entire album.
It is called "artpop", but stil remains Gaga's least artful album to date. It's just not original enough, it lacks passion, surprise and great melody - all of the characteristics Gaga's music is known for.

Like with most of Gaga's records, sex is present throughout the album, but without being too graphic. Language is present at the level of average pop music. The worst terms come from the featured artists. The track "Aura" starts off with Gaga describing how she kille her former self (not too graphic). Some drug references, but nothing too extreme.

Parent of a 13-year-old Written byJWilliams303 November 19, 2013

Not her best work...and this is coming from a little monster

I am a very big fan of Lady Gaga and have always listened to her ever since her first single "Just Dance". I was very excited for this album to come out and was hoping it would be at least just as great as her last album "Born This Way". When "Applause" came out, I did like the song, but it wasn't really her best work to be honest. Then when the album got released, I was hoping that all the other songs would be better than "Applause" was. The album in general is alright...sadly the album wasn't as great as I was expecting it to be. Don't get me wrong I still like to listen to the songs on the album, but the songs just aren't as catchy like "Bad Romance", or "Poker Face". I'm not saying I hate the album, but I'm not saying that it was worth the wait either. I was hoping for more catchier songs than what is on the album. The songs that really stood out on the abum was "ARTPOP", "Do What U Want", "Mary Jane Holland", "Dope", and "Gypsy". All the other songs are just alright. All in all, I would have to say that this album was ok, but not an album to get very excited about.