All member reviews for Back to Bedlam

Emotional ballads with a few four-letter words.

Teen, 14 years old Written byCinemaFanatic February 2, 2010

Fantastic Album for Teens and Adults

While this dark album does have some sexual references and a few naughty words, most of the adult content would go over kids heads. One song does discuss, in detail, some of the horrors of war (Blunt fought in Kosovo in 1999) This album probably won't even attract young children, but if you are looking for a fantastic, deep album with all sorts of messages, this is what you need to buy. Most of the sexual references are in the song Goodbye My Lover, which talks about the memories of a past relationship, and High can be taken as a song about drugs. But most of it should be up to the parent.
Adult Written bycrap April 9, 2008

this cd is beaiful

your beautiful/ you beautiful/ you beautiful its true/ this cd rocks but has the word f--k in your beautiful i saw your face in a crowded place/
Teen, 13 years old Written byfandango91 April 9, 2008

Good Sound not ok for my age

James Blunt has a beautiful voice. But for some reason he just HAS to ruin his songs with a swear word!!!! I don't get it!!! But, if you're 13 and up, it's a great CD for you.
Teen, 16 years old Written byfatcatmikez April 9, 2008

Not That Good, Mellow & Soft

This CD isn't really that explicit but it is REALLY depressing. There are a few bad words here and there (at least 1 "S" word and 1 "F" word) but the main thing is the message. In "No Bravery", it talks about how "he" has been here. And "he" kills and damages people. It has lyrics like "Houses burned beyond repair, the smell of death is in the air, a woman weeping in despair, he has been here!". That's the worst thing about the CD.
Teen, 16 years old Written byClassof09girli April 9, 2008

Awesome CD

I really enjoy this cd. Yeah there are a few lyrics that dont need to be in there, but overall its a great cd. I love his song High. Hes not talking about being high on drugs, hes talking about Love. This is an awesome cd. I suggest anyone buy it.
Adult Written bySerenity Now April 9, 2008

Superlative, Moody Album

If you're a fan of acoustic-inspired rock with poetic influences, I strongly recommend picking up Back to Bedlam.
Adult Written byhatewhatisbad April 9, 2008

Very Beautiful indeed, except for 1 thing...l!!

I looked forward to getting this CD since i first heard "your Beautiful" on the radio. I got it and was enjoying it but was shocked when i heard"....she could it in my face that i was f-----g high..." Thats was the only disappointment...such a beautiful song and he had to go mess it up with such a nasty, ugly word :( All the other songs on it are great. I especially find it touching that he has changed his view on war. Thumbs up James!

Okay this would've have been the perfect CD. I got this CD yesterday for my birthday and I was listening to "You're Beautiful" and then i heard, "F-----g high" When in the radio edit it is "flying high" It would have been a lot better without the swears. James Blunt, why did you ruin a perfect song?
Teen, 14 years old Written bypinklady80lately April 9, 2008

umm, idk, its a very odd album, actually my mom bought it and b/c of her ignorance she didnt really understand some of the songs that were talking about him getting high! until my brother told her. idk, its a good album, but hes not a very good influence, seriously he gets high and hes always spotted partying w/ playmates!