All teen and kid member reviews for Bangerz

Teen, 15 years old Written byArjunjbsriram October 19, 2013

Everyone is overreacting slightly

The reviews here are extremely harsh because everyone expects clean songs from Miley. However, if we forget the artist for a second and just listen to the songs it is overly inappropriate. 6 songs are rated explicit on iTunes (SMS, 4x4, Love Money Party, #GETITRIGHT, FU, Do My Thang). SMS has repeated uses of the F word and is one of the most vulgar tracks on the album. 4x4 is not very explicit with 2 uses of n**** and one use of mother******. Love Money Party has 1 use of b**** and 2 uses of sh!t. #GETITRIGHT is rated explicit not for language, as it has none, but for sexual lyrics. There are a few references in the song to how her legs and thighs are feeling. The most sexual line is "I feel like I got no panties on". The overall sexual content in the song is simply moderate. The song FU has an implied swear word in the title itself, which therefore is repeated. However she simply says "F U" and not the vulgar phrase. There is simply 1 use of sh!t. As for Do My Thang, there are 3 uses of f**k, 5 uses of b**** and 1 use of sh!t. This is one of the most questionable songs in the album. The rest of the album is not rated explicit and contains some suggestive lines and some references to substances and alcohol. So as you can see, overall the explicitness for this album is not so high if benchmarked against other pop albums. The reason people are treating this like a big deal is because they benchmark it against Miley Cyrus's previous albums which were all extremely kid friendly. As for the quality of the album, it's hard to say because it is a confusing mix. Miley releases some RnB influenced tracks, some hip-hop influenced tracks, some country influenced tracks and some pop influenced tracks. Therefore, there is a large range of quality. Some songs are extremely nice (We can't stop, Wrecking ball, 4x4) and some are not particularly appealing to the ears due to an overuse of repetitive beats and repetitive uncreative lyrics (Love Money Party, Do My Thang, etc). Enjoy the Album! Preteens proceed with caution.
Teen, 14 years old Written bybeachgirl15 October 26, 2013

Do NOT buy this album

Okay, first off, this album is terrible. Just horrible. For one thing, it's not just her movie career that's going down the toilet; it's also her MUSIC! Every, single song on this album is so degrading to women that the any parents' daughters' who listen to this crap would feel ashamed! I feel ashamed listening to this rubbish. And to these idiots who say that we people are overreacting over her songs or that she's singing out of a broken heart, they're clearly dumb. We're not overreacting, our parents are trying to protect us from listening to messages that are immoral. After all, this is why this website is called Common Sense. Whatever people call this music, is not. Don't buy this album if you want to protect your kids. And for the record, she COULD be singing out of a broken heart but she does NOT need to go this far to gain attention. Plus, she isn't marriage material. So I hope she'll turn her life around soon, cuz' with this trash she's making, she ain't getting anywhere.
Teen, 14 years old Written bystanmarshluvr94 November 5, 2013

RIP Brain Cells

We get it, Hannah Montana. You love getting drunk and high and raping random men.
Kid, 12 years old October 22, 2013

Horrible....

Horrible lyrics, horrible videos, don't bother. Just like any other famous pop singer, she has their own "maturing stage" as i would call it, and that perfectly fine. However, Miley has put herself into a phase where she is putting herself down by making bad and disgusting lyrics. (particularly this album) P.S. If you haven't seen Smosh's new video called "Stop Miley" and whether you are her fan or not, i definitely recommend you go watch it.
Kid, 12 years old March 26, 2014

No. Just No.

Ah...Miley Cyrus. A long time ago in her Hannah Montana times, I thought she was a good role model for kids. Now I hear her name and I cringe. Simply put, I do not hate Miley Cyrus. But I do not like the way she chooses to use her pipes in music. Lets face it, this girl has talent! She could hold a note all day long. But she is a threat to the kids of today's America. She could have been one of the most uplifting and creative artists of today's music, but instead she chooses to sing using language and inappropriate material. I did download "Wrecking Ball" on my I-Pod and I must admit...the song was actually pretty good. Then I saw on the news that she made an entrance at a concert by sliding down a large inflatable tongue, stripping at her concert, and dissing other singers. I believe firmly that Miley Cyrus is an abomination to young kids of America!!! I even watched a video of this girl that was eleven years old smoking a cigarette and saying Miley Cyrus did this and she wanted to be just like her! This album and artist is the kind of things that makes people do crazy things! This makes me sick just to think of her.
Teen, 15 years old Written bytrisprior_not_ February 28, 2014

Miley's Maturing.

Miley is fine, for 15 year olds and older. Miley is really.................good but like if your like mature enough to handle it.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycoolconno October 17, 2013

Bad?

Lots of swearing, drinking, drugs and sex as you'd expect. But what Common Sense and most of the other reviewers on the site are missing out on here is how much she sings about having a broken heart. The opening track Adore You fantasizes about becoming MARRIED!!! Some more songs talk about the feeling of love and heartbreak until she sings on the final track "I used to think love conquered all...real life is much different.". You HAVE to feel sorry for her. That's why I put positive messages on here! But she has been so determined to separate herself from Hannah Montana that you will find not only the "party so hard and drink so much that you hook up!" attitude of the lead single but also MANY explicit language usually reserved for rap albums. I think I've given it a very soft rating (and that rating is for the "edited" version!) At least she's singing about what real life is like and not but sex, sex, sex like Britney did in 2007. This one is still not for the "Hannah Montana" fans though!
Kid, 12 years old October 18, 2015

My favourite album!

Contains language.
Teen, 13 years old Written byIlovebooks331 August 13, 2015

Don't let anyone listen to this.

Horrible music, glamorizes sex, drugs, drinking, and smoking. Lots of swearing. Mindless. Let your kids listen to an artist that actually respects herself.
Kid, 10 years old February 20, 2015

SOOOOOOO MUCH LANGUAGE

SKIP SKIP SKIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 16 years old Written bywertj July 11, 2014

Bangerz

This album is very good and it sounds great. The lyricsis are not so inappropriate. i THINK THAT IT IS SUITABLE FOR CHILDREN that are awared of the real world
Kid, 9 years old April 11, 2014
Bad songs, language, worst songs to date. Now I am so glad that Hannah Montana is canceled.
Kid, 0 years old February 4, 2014

daviddelao@yahoo.com.

see me i like people you or
Kid, 12 years old January 5, 2014

Not for kids AT ALL

Ok I extremely dislike Miley because she is not a nice person and ex-talented. I respect her because she is not Hannah Montana anymore and she is adult but some of her pour choices were unneeded. BTW... not a good album
Teen, 13 years old Written byLike a Sumbowdee. January 1, 2014

Bangerz is a very complex album..

Bangerz by Miley Cyrus is actually a very good album by the artist. I for one, think that it is the greatest album Miley has ever released. It can be a little overly sexualized (#GETITRIGHT & SMS), but when you compare them to any songs these days by other artists like Lady Gaga, or even Katy Perry, they seem very mild. The reason people are over-reacting about this album is because they are comparing it to the albums Miley used to release back in 2010. About the language, some songs include a lot of bad words, including f**k, b*tch, sh*t, and n*gger. But if you really don't care for it, buy the clean version like I did. Of course, like any other album out these days, it takes time for you to really appreciate the music. The first time I listened to the album, I didn't like it... now it's one of my favourite albums of 2013.
Kid, 11 years old December 24, 2013

Sucks.

Never watch/listen! Frequent bad language and it's just ugh! I hate Miley. What happened to hannah montannah? Twerking references.
Teen, 13 years old Written bylizbiz_13 November 24, 2013

Miley, what happened to you?

Her songs are really disappointing to me. The only okay song is wrecking ball. It is filled with language and sex and drugs. Don't bother buying it. I really miss the old Miley. :(
Kid, 12 years old November 23, 2013

NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

MILEY CIRUS IS A TERRIBLE ROLE MODEL!!!!!!!!!!! STOP MILEY! DO YOU REALLY WANT YOUR NINE YEAR OLD LICKING YOUR POWER TOOLS????
Kid, 12 years old November 21, 2013

NOT AN ALBUM FOR IMMATURE PEOPLE

When I was younger I was the worlds biggest Hannah Montana Fan. I used to thick she was a really good singer with pretty hair. Now she is a a "odd" women who likes doing drugs and having sex with random men. Honestly am not going to be mean to miley or say bad stuff about her because Disney took control of her and told her to be a pretty little girl from Nashville and now they let go so she turned into who she wanted to be. Personaly I would steer my kids away from her because she is not a good role model. In the wrecking ball video she licked a hammer and was naked on a wrecking ball. In the we can't stop video she was tweaking and a girl cut of her finger. At the VMA's she was tweaking in a bra. This just proves how the rest of the album is. I don't like it, every song kinda sounds the same. I would say that you should be REALLY mature if you want to listen to this.
Teen, 13 years old Written byRyanlaps October 25, 2013

I do not think bangerz is a

Ok album with sex and swares