All parent member reviews for Battlefield

Adult Written bymrs.black09 September 3, 2009

Great Messages for Girls!

I get very tired of turning on the radio and hearing garbage about staying with a guy no matter how badly he treats you or how he lies to you, things like that were part of the reason I stayed with a guy who was unfaithful and emotionally abusive for so long. I stupidly let that kind of music make me think I was some kind of faithless tramp if I gave up on him! This album is such a welcome relief! The songs "No Parade" and "Was I the Only One?" capture the heartache of a break-up without ever getting too gloomy, "Walking on Snow" and "It Takes More" encourage walking away from a bad relationship while "Battlefield" is about trying to work out if there's enough respect on both side to do that, "Faith" provides encouragement during any hardship, and, as always, Jordin has a couple of sweet love songs as well. There's no strong language, drugs, or violence (in spite of the name of the song "Battlefield"), but the lyrics of "S.O.S." "Don't Let It Go To Your Head," and "911" are mildly suggestive, though less so than most things you here on the radio these days (mostly referring to kissing, nothing gratuitous). Artistically, the album is not as good as Jordin's debut album, but it's still well worth the purchase!