All member reviews for "Beauty and a Beat" (CD Single)

Pop, rap titans team up in mildly suggestive track.

Teen, 15 years old Written byway245 September 17, 2012

Great song, one cuss word

This song is clean except for Nicki Minaj's verse she says b***h.
Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 July 7, 2012

beauty and a beat cd single

Families can talk about the musical chemistry between Bieber and Minaj -- two of the cleanest and raunchiest musicians around, respectively. Does it work? Why would Bieber choose to collaborate with a notoriously risque rapper like Minaj? What would Minaj stand to gain from matching up with a squeaky-clean teen heartthrob like Bieber?
Kid, 11 years old September 21, 2013

the best songs ever

it is the best station for my kid
Teen, 13 years old Written byGirlygirl500 August 6, 2013

lots of talk about sex.

Kid, 12 years old May 22, 2013

I like Justin and I like this song.

I really love this song,But I am considered by some an obsesive beliber in bieber but I think I'm just a really investigative fan, However this song ft. Niki Manaj who is netorious for explicit lyrics and humm, "suggestive" behaviour is a tad bit on the iffy side I still love it any 10+ year-old will love it's music.
Educator Written byEthanDay1 December 6, 2012

Don’t Miss the Subtleties!

"Beauty and a Beat" (CD Single) as reviewed by Stephanie Bruzzese is lacking in thoroughness on a few points. She indicates that substance use is not mentioned, but a lyric says, "hit 'em with the ether," a clear reference to the recreational drug use of diethyl ether. She also notes only a mildly suggestive lyric under sexual content, but doesn't mention the explicit reference to grinding (a dance move); "Buns out, weiner." As this song is just now reaching its height of play on the radio, it may be beneficial for parents if the review includes some of these details.
Parent Written byShugocharafan88 February 14, 2013

OMG OMG U LIKE MEEEEEE *SQUEAL*

*grabs Black Rock Shooter rock blaster and shoots* I can't belive you had a pic of meeeee! <3 You must love me!
Parent of a 12 and 12 year old Written byResponibleParentOf2 February 12, 2013

Terrible!

Nicki Minaj is again trying to corrupt America as she talks about grinding with a boy 10 years younger then her, and said boy, obviously filthily seduced by her, sings about feeling her "body rock." Not appropriate for children.
Teen, 17 years old Written byRosebud95 February 4, 2013

It's fine

It's kind of catchy...
Teen, 14 years old Written byTripFoot January 20, 2013

Uninspired and unoriginal song that hopefully will ease car boredom

Do you know those songs you hear on the radio that sound like a million other songs? Yeah. This is one of those. I admit (even though I never really liked his music) that Beiber's a talented kid. But he's had better music than this. The best part of this song is the name - "Beauty and a Beat" - that is kinda creative by playing off of the story "Beauty and the Beast." I guess that's kind of clever. However, the rhythm's nothing new, and the lyrics dull "Body rock/ girl I can feel you body rock/ eh eh eh." Really? How many times have we heard THAT? Also, the melody is... sucky. Yeah, that's the word. When Beiber sings, "All that I need/ Is a beauty and a beat/ That would make my life complete." the Beiber's vocals aren't powerful, or clever, or mischevious... it feels like he's just singing like it was a chore he had to do, and did it with no emotion. Also, Minaj's rapping part was mediocre - no clever twist of phrase, no engaging beat or rhythm, no anything that makes it worth it. The redeemable qualities here are that one can observe Beiber targeting an older age group for his music, which shows that he's maturing. Or maybe he's keeping up with the maturity level of his fans because he realized that they are growing and that their music tastes ar changing? Hmm... I would like to see where he goes with his career. Also, while I personally don't like this song, this is one of those light, fluffy tracks that some kids and adults will enjoy while bored in the car. Hopefully next time Beiber will try a little harder.
Written byAnonymous December 13, 2012

Off for 9 & Under iffy for 10-12 and on for 13+.

This song I can tell is PG-13 with "Body Rock, Girl, I can feel your body rock."
Kid, 11 years old December 12, 2012

So stupid, but it's a Bieber song...

I've always hated Justin Bieber, but I hate him even more now that he's trying to be "cool", "edgy", and attract a more "mature" audience. It's likely he won't do that, because most people over the age of 10 (including myself, as I'm 11), knows he's just a teenybopper fad. This song was played at my school, and a kid said "eww" during the "body rock" part. I agree with that person.
Kid, 11 years old December 4, 2012

Good beat, bad lyrics!

This is way too "sexy" for little ones! Not for little kids! There is also nicki minaj featured in her dress with pom poms which make her chest look large and also she says the b word.
Kid, 12 years old November 8, 2012

Awesome song :)

I love this song!! jb and nicki are really good singers/rappers! It's stuck in my head 24/7
Teen, 17 years old Written byabbacus October 13, 2012

Really good!

Good song. A little iffy for kids. I like the video.
Teen, 14 years old Written byAnimeGirl8 July 26, 2012

Great Song but...

This is a great song and Beliebers will melt over Justin's falsetto and held out notes! The only problem is that Niki Minaj says bitches and the lyrics 'buns out, wiener' Also, Justin say 'body rock, girl I can feel your body rock,' I don't feel comfortable listening to this song with my 9 year old cousin but it's great for kids my age!
Kid, 10 years old July 1, 2012

Good

Good song but has one mention of "b***h" in the rap