All member reviews for Because of the Times

Moody, atmospheric rock is OK for teens.

Adult Written byGeoff. February 18, 2009

Because of the times (KOL's 3rd CD)

the kings of leon's previous CD's; "Youth & Youngmanhood" and "Aha shake heartbreak" are in my perspective [alot] better than "Because of the times" that reason being, it doesnt really sound like the original KOL. Now if you look at the present, the 4th KOL CD, called "Only By The Night" is breakthrough material and kicks the bajesus out of "Because of the times"
Teen, 14 years old Written bycheese-process January 22, 2011

Great album from the Kings!

This album is much different from their first two albums, which is a good sign of a maturing band. This is even better than their newest album, Come Around Sundown, but don't expect it to be as good as Only By the Night, which is obviously their best. I like this album because it has catchy rock songs, like "On Call" and "Black Thumbnail," but some songs are WAAAY different than their normal thing, like "The Runner", "Trunk", and "Ragoo" (which is the catchiest song on the whole album). The way the album begins, with "Knocked Up", is a very unique way to open the album. The guy's screaming in "Charmer" scared the pee out of me. Love it!
Adult Written byTom_Gamer_Tom October 28, 2010

Kings of Leon are sometimes mature, but a great band.

Kings of Leon are one of my favourite bands, and not because of Sex on Fire. They have some depressing feel to songs though and they are sometimes sexual. I'm talking about all Kings Of Leon songs and not just this specific album. A few mature bits but its alright for pre teens.
Kid, 11 years old January 10, 2013