All teen and kid member reviews for Beyonce

Teen, 16 years old Written byclassygirl14 December 31, 2013

Most empowering album of the year

This album is so good. Beyoncé is incredibly talented and the beats are wet. If parents are worried about their kids listening to it, I would say don't worry if they're 13 or over, the only "innapropriate" part of the album is the sexual double entrendes and mentions of drinking. Beyoncé is such a good role model for young women because she is confident with herself, her body, and her opinions. She wants girls to believe that what they have to say is important and highlights the impossible standards in society set for women and girls. Beyoncé is eloquent and has created an empire in a male dominated industry. Her messages in her music are empowering and positive. In her song ***Flawless, she uses the word b**** which I don't really agree with but I love the message she puts out which is that it's GOOD to be confident and think you're beautiful. I hear girls that I know saying that they are ugly so much more than saying they are pretty. Beauty is not the most important thing but it's very important to have a good self image. I also love how Bey embraces female sexuality unapologetically. I've heard countless songs about male pleasure but she devotes entire songs to talk about female pleasure. In addition, she is one of the most powerful black women in the US and uses her power to empower girls and women to do the same. I love Queen Bey and you should definitely listen to the album and see what you think.
Kid, 12 years old March 26, 2014

Ok for 16+

This album sports some inappropriate references! Partition is probably the worst, with Beyonce saying "Yeah he so h****, yeah he want to f****" ! This song uses bad language and sexual references. The only decent song, (*which can be listened to by anyone*) is XO! Other than that song, I say NO to children under 16!
Teen, 13 years old Written byFaz February 18, 2014

Beyoncé

Some explicit nicknames such as "cherry" and "rocket" etc but fair does Beyoncé is classic. WE BE ALL NIGHT IN LOVE, IN LOVE! WE BE ALL NIGHT! Drunk In Love is without doubt best song on the album but love the other songs too. Contains swear words such as "b**ch" and "s**t" but great album. I'd say it is suitable for ages 12+
Teen, 15 years old Written byMonksy204 November 26, 2014

Just Amazing...Loss of Words

This album is honestly a highlight of this decade. Beyonce outpours artistic passion, emotion, and love into this album. While she does dive into some risque themes, she shows all sides of her not just the risque parts. Overall, I would recommend buying this album, because it is amazing!
Teen, 13 years old Written byjohnstewart October 27, 2014

As a boy, I really like this album!

This is a very good album, very different than Beyoncé's other albums. If you haven't listened to this album, you're probably just expecting something like the album "4". Well, this is VERY different and better! The beat, lyrics and everything about this album is just good. Although Commonsense Media says it's okay for 13+ and "some profanity", I don't agree very much. The reason I did 14+ is because the song "Partition" is quite explicit and is more than "some profanity" in my opinion. I don't exactly know how to describe the lyrics, but I'll give you a link to it so you can read them later! :-) http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/beyonceknowles/yoncpartition.html Not forgetting the song "***Flawless" which has the word "B****es" repeated several times. I'm not saying that these two songs are the only ones, there are other (like "s**t", f***ed" etc.), but they're just fine for 13+ :-) And yeah, the song number 2 "Haunted" is my favorite one of this album and I highly recommend that song! It is actually the main reason I gave this album 5 stars. I recommend this album for anyone 13/14+
Teen, 17 years old Written byodom154p May 15, 2014

beatiful and great message

she expresses her self in the only way she knows best, through music she may use bad words but that is how deeply she feels