Kid reviews for Beyonce

Stunning album is compelling, creative; some profanity.

Based on 1 review

Teen, 13 years old Written bySomebody26 November 6, 2018

Beyoncé Calims the Throne

It's official: Beyoncé will forever be known as the Queen Bey. This album is guaranteed to contain future classics. Beyoncé opens up on her personal life. Of course there is some mature content, but this album discusses how it's like to be a woman and to love. Censoring your child from songs such as "Pretty Hurts" and "XO" is just wrong. With powerful vocals and sincere lyrics, "Beyoncé" is a true work of art.

Teen, 14 years old Written byPublicly Appropriate February 23, 2017

FYI

I've seen so many people saying "Beyonce is spreading a bad message for girls. Her videos are sexist." I can see how they would think that, but Beyonce choosing to dress the way she wants is not sexist. Wanting to wear revealing clothing is different than degrading women and saying all they are is sex-toys. Saying that she's sexist for not covering up is actually sexist because 1) You are telling a woman what she should wear and 2) You are saying that because she isn't dressed like a nun, she is being sexual. Dressing the way you choose isn't "degrading women" or making you a sex-toy. Showing skin does not mean you are sex-toy. I understand if you don't want your children to see her music videos because she and her back up dancers do wear provocative clothing. But she is actually spreading this message: This is my body, I make my own decisions, I am not ashamed to be black, I think I am beautiful no matter what anyone says, and I am confident with my body. This is an important message for girls to hear, especially when they are dealing with body-image. It is very empowering. “Feministic power can be accomplished in a classy, moral way without demeaning others.” –Reviewer 1) Beyonce is not demeaning anyone. 2) Again with telling women they can’t show skin. They have to be classy and they have to cover up their shoulders in order to be respected. Beyonce’s whole message is being demeaned because she wears provocative clothing and is not ashamed of her sexuality. What’s really sexist is shaming women for their sexuality. Feminism power can be accomplished by not telling women what to do with their bodies. If you don't like Beyonce or you don't like provocative clothing, don't listen to or watch her music videos. But don't say that she's sexist for showing skin.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMonksy204 November 26, 2014

Just Amazing...Loss of Words

This album is honestly a highlight of this decade. Beyonce outpours artistic passion, emotion, and love into this album. While she does dive into some risque themes, she shows all sides of her not just the risque parts. Overall, I would recommend buying this album, because it is amazing!

Teen, 16 years old Written byclassygirl14 December 31, 2013

Most empowering album of the year

This album is so good. Beyoncé is incredibly talented and the beats are wet. If parents are worried about their kids listening to it, I would say don't worry if they're 13 or over, the only "innapropriate" part of the album is the sexual double entrendes and mentions of drinking. Beyoncé is such a good role model for young women because she is confident with herself, her body, and her opinions. She wants girls to believe that what they have to say is important and highlights the impossible standards in society set for women and girls. Beyoncé is eloquent and has created an empire in a male dominated industry. Her messages in her music are empowering and positive. In her song ***Flawless, she uses the word b**** which I don't really agree with but I love the message she puts out which is that it's GOOD to be confident and think you're beautiful. I hear girls that I know saying that they are ugly so much more than saying they are pretty. Beauty is not the most important thing but it's very important to have a good self image. I also love how Bey embraces female sexuality unapologetically. I've heard countless songs about male pleasure but she devotes entire songs to talk about female pleasure. In addition, she is one of the most powerful black women in the US and uses her power to empower girls and women to do the same. I love Queen Bey and you should definitely listen to the album and see what you think.

Teen, 13 years old Written byMerveille February 17, 2021

good songs bad lyrics

cussy, sexy and good messages

Teen, 16 years old Written bys.alexia.jeffers December 8, 2020

she is the Best Ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

she is the Best Ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Teen, 15 years old Written byDogcat August 23, 2020

Beyoncé

Bad role model.

Teen, 13 years old Written byOlvivaMastinbro... December 4, 2019

NOOOOOOOOOOOO

I think that she is to weird
Teen, 14 years old Written byspeyan727 September 20, 2018
Teen, 13 years old Written byjohnstewart October 27, 2014

As a boy, I really like this album!

This is a very good album, very different than Beyoncé's other albums. If you haven't listened to this album, you're probably just expecting something like the album "4". Well, this is VERY different and better! The beat, lyrics and everything about this album is just good. Although Commonsense Media says it's okay for 13+ and "some profanity", I don't agree very much. The reason I did 14+ is because the song "Partition" is quite explicit and is more than "some profanity" in my opinion. I don't exactly know how to describe the lyrics, but I'll give you a link to it so you can read them later! :-) http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/beyonceknowles/yoncpartition.html Not forgetting the song "***Flawless" which has the word "B****es" repeated several times. I'm not saying that these two songs are the only ones, there are other (like "s**t", f***ed" etc.), but they're just fine for 13+ :-)
And yeah, the song number 2 "Haunted" is my favorite one of this album and I highly recommend that song! It is actually the main reason I gave this album 5 stars.
I recommend this album for anyone 13/14+

Teen, 17 years old Written byodom154p May 15, 2014

beatiful and great message

she expresses her self in the only way she knows best, through music she may use bad words but that is how deeply she feels

Kid, 12 years old March 26, 2014

Ok for 16+

This album sports some inappropriate references! Partition is probably the worst, with Beyonce saying "Yeah he so h****, yeah he want to f****" ! This song uses bad language and sexual references. The only decent song, (*which can be listened to by anyone*) is XO! Other than that song, I say NO to children under 16!

Teen, 13 years old Written byFaz February 18, 2014

Beyoncé

Some explicit nicknames such as "cherry" and "rocket" etc but fair does Beyoncé is classic. WE BE ALL NIGHT IN LOVE, IN LOVE! WE BE ALL NIGHT! Drunk In Love is without doubt best song on the album but love the other songs too. Contains swear words such as "b**ch" and "s**t" but great album. I'd say it is suitable for ages 12+