All member reviews for Bittersweet World

Angry-sounding, but benign punk-pop.

Not yet rated
Adult Written bysingersmartguy17 April 9, 2008

Great cd...for older crowd

This cd is so great! As an adult, this is a great cd to play in the car on my way to work...without the kids. This is a cd for older teens. The biggest issue would probably be sexual content. Also, "F***" is cut out of "Outta My Head" and "Rulebreaker," but there are barely any other profanities. Alcohol is also talked about in "Hot Stuff" and "Rulebreaker." Brief violence in "Rulebreaker" also. However, several songs like "Little Miss Obsessive," "What I've Become," "No Time For Tears," & "Never Dream Alone" are squeaky clean.
Teen, 13 years old Written bythedutchess April 9, 2008

Ashlee's most musically diverse attempt yet

Sexual Content: Nothing excplicit. "I'll be you sunshine concubine" in "Murder", "Here she comes, sunday school girl wanting some" and "Showoff, she just wanna take her clothes off little c*nt" in "Hot Stuff". Violence: Ashlee appears angry. Rulebreaker declares her love for fighting. Murder relates to how a girl is so popular that she could get away with murder. In Outta My Head she threatens to bite your head off and in Follow You Wherever You Go she says "He don't know that I got her tied up in the back of my raintruck- SHUT UP! Know you want me, she's just in the way. I'll just tie her to the back and hit the highway". Language: All language is blanked out. F*cking, muthaf*ckas, and c*nt are all bleeped out. Shut up and stupid are used a couple of times. (Not blanked out) Social Behaviour: Rulebreaker celebrates being a "bada**" in Ashlee's words and "Here she come, sunday school girl wantin' some" is not the best example for children. Commercialism: Not an issue. Drugs/Alcohol/Tobacco: "Drinkin' till my tummy full" in "Rulebreaker" and "I think I've had too much to drink" in "Hot Stuff". Bittersweet World Pause for 14+ This is a terrific album with some great party tunes, however there is quite a bit of violent lyrics and spread out four letter words (bleeped out but still reconisable), along with a bit of added sexual innuedo. Overall, I rate it a pause for 14+. Enjoy!