All parent member reviews for "Blurred Lines (feat. T.I., Pharrell)" (CD Single)

Parent Written by☆Top Parent☆ August 21, 2013

Breezy, fun, summer track, mommy approved!

After reading Common Sense's review, well, to say the least, I was skeptical. But after listening to it, and carefully analyzing the messages in the song, I decided my kids can listen to it. But then, it hit me, half the fun of a song, is in the video! I saw it was "Unrated", and that means it's fine for all ages, so it doesn't even need to be rated! My kids learned all about the female anatomy! They love it! Five stars!
Parent Written byHonest_Chase July 31, 2013

"Blurred Lines" says it all. He says "I know you want it" and "But you're a good girl". If you go to any club or party whatever the messages that women give out are confusing. As in blurred lines..... Dirty dancing, dressing like a stripper and being as seductive as can be, but men can see that they are young and appear to be hesitant when the time comes to follow through on their actions. Therefore it is hard to know what they really want. Hence Blurred Lines. this song contains many Sexual Themes, and a tiny bit of somewhat strong language used by Rapper T.I.(but thats to be expected hes a rapper and a lot of rappers refer to women as b****es or a b***h), but that's R&B for you a lot of people judge this song as a pop song because of the upbeat tempo, but it is R&B much like Robin Thicke's Earlier song "Sex Therapy". For this Song know your kid they, certainly make sure they don't have a steady diet of songs like this otherwise their opinion of women will change. Once again know your kid.

Great R&B title, But Mature.
Adult Written byRosebud95 November 14, 2013

Blurred Lines

This song is catchy, but I sometimes annoyed by it. Plus it's one of those trite "let's hookup songs".... :/
Parent of a 3, 3, and 5 year old Written byjonallypugliese1023 October 23, 2013

If you don't like it, don't watch it

I absolutely hate this song. But I don't see why some of you are saying its not for teens, maybe not younger teens but older ones its fine. And the people who are saying that the video is 'unacceptable' why would you watch it if you have such a problem with it?
Adult Written byabbacus July 7, 2013

Not my taste.

I don't really like this song. Fine for older teens.
Parent Written byMedia_is_Disgusting June 12, 2013

I'm back.

So, I'm annoyed that Common Sense Media has deleted many of my reviews. I may have radical parenting views, but those views fall under freedom of speech. I see you've allowed many other reviewers of my caliber or even more pro-censorship, such as GSN Hatena, to post their reviews, and I do not see how I'm much worse than them. There are parts where I may have gotten over-the-top, such as me referencing calling an exorcist in my now-gone Thrift Shop review, but I was not 'trolling', per se, simply using hyperbole to prove my point. Anyway, I've decided to tone myself down a bit, in order for my reviews not to be deleted, but it's sad that you'd restrict what I say. This is a site for parents to post their opinions. So, this song is a very popular one entitled 'Blurred Lines'. It gets a lot of airplay where I'm from, but that definitely doesn't mean it's appropriate for kids. There are many unprintable sexual references and even a drug reference that somewhat promotes it. There are also many swear words, like "a**" and "b**ch", which I do not feel is suitable for kids under eighteen to hear, as it may shape their opinion on women. The clean version definitely does not help, as it still has graphic lines like "You're an animal" and the aforementioned drug reference. Also, I have noticed that the title "blurred lines", could refer to cocaine, and would not make sense in any other context, as the singer states "Blurred lines, I know you want 'em". It could mean blurred lines between right and wrong, or censor bars, as another user pointed out, but I think it should be interpreted as a drug reference, as people like Robin Thicke obviously don't want censor bars. Media_is_Disgusting out!