All teen and kid member reviews for "Born This Way" (CD single)

Kid, 11 years old October 1, 2011

Best Song EVER!!!!!!

I LOVE Gaga!!!!!!! I support every decision she makes. Lady Gaga has saved my life!!! I could never love her more. I'm bisexual my uncle is gay my friend is gay my brothers friend is gay but who the freak cares!?!?!?! I was born this way and I can not change myself. Anyone who thinks homosexuals are going to hell you are WRONG god loves them just as much as he loves everyone else. Best song EVER! If you agree with me compliment this!
Teen, 13 years old Written bypepsicola14 April 16, 2011

Do you have no respect?

The only thing I hate more then this song is waht people are saying about being gay or lesbian. IT is okay to like someone of the same sex, it doesn't matter, because they can't help who they are. Im not saying this song is good, but, shame on you who say that being gay is blaphamus! I am truly disgusted. What kind of example is that for your children? There are children already saying it's not okay to be gay on here! Im so outspoken that I just can't think of anything else to say. This is just truley disgusting!!!!!!! Give me a compliment if you agree! I can't be the only one! Don't be scared! IT'S OKAY TO BE GAY!!!!!!!!!!
Kid, 12 years old September 16, 2012

Yeah. Literally.

Reviewers, please keep in mind that if you want to keep calling this site Common Sense Media, please write all reviews with common sense. This song is one of the most catchy, lovely pop tunes I've ever heard, and has a wonderful message about loving yourself for who you are. Really, this is a song for anyone, kids and adults alike. Kids today have immense problems with self-esteem. Don't you think that if they heard this song they'd feel far better about themselves? If you have a toddler in the car and this song comes on the radio, there's absolutely no need to change it! The part about it being okay to be gay or lesbian - really, it won't mean anything to them, they'll only understand the song's true message - there's nothing wrong with being yourself and loving yourself for who you are. And really, gay people can't help being who they are. I won't take any more nonsense about this song being a "gay anthem" or "narcissism in the face of God." Lady Gaga's point is that God made you a certain way for a reason! She wants you to be confident and accept everyone, not arrogant. I got this song for my iPod and listen to it every single day, and have always felt far better about myself. I repeat, this is a song for anyone.
Teen, 16 years old Written byrebma97 October 26, 2013

Very good single

This song is really good and is one of the cleaner Lady Gaga songs. The song is about accepting yourself for who you are. No mature content whatsoever is present in this song.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysammirox13 June 13, 2012

Great song about being yourself!

This song is fabulous! It's, by far, my favorite from Lady Gaga! She talks about loving yourself and being who you are! There aren't any curse words or crude lyrics, and the only reason I said "8 & up" is because she does, during one line of the song, say, "No matter gay, straight, or bi, lesbian transgendered life, I'm on the right track, baby, I was born this way!" and some children may be confused by the terms that they perhaps haven't learned the meaning of yet.
Teen, 17 years old Written byabbacus June 8, 2012

Really good!

Good for teens.
Teen, 16 years old Written byRosebud95 May 5, 2012

Fun song

Kid, 11 years old April 1, 2012

awesome and positive!

listen to it if you need to or for fun, pepsicola14, i agree with you about being gay, but i like the song
Teen, 16 years old Written byJoseph Rock February 29, 2012

Very good.

This song is cool.The rythm and lyrics are great!
Teen, 16 years old Written byVictorioun January 2, 2012

Born this waaay

I cannot stop saying that word. Best Yet! BUT I STILL CANNOT STOP SAYING IT!!!! CURSE YOU LADY GA GA!!!!! YOUR MUSIC IS AWESOME!!!!! ITS SEXAY!!!!!
Kid, 12 years old December 24, 2011

Rejoice and Love Yourself Today!!!!!!

It's positive and totally honest. Any one who has suffered self-doubt should listen to this song. I don't mind the part when sexual orientation is mentioned. I LIKE it, because of it's reality and truth. I LOVE LADY GAGA!!!!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written bymusicislove December 2, 2011

lady gaga is an amazin role model :)

shes telling you to just be yourself and not give one if youre different and stuff, shes a reeally good role model in this song... maybe a version without the music vid tho for youngish kidss ??? her dress styles a bit well difrent but who caress haha but her dress style cud freak out kidss :)
Teen, 13 years old Written byKatySpears58 November 27, 2011

Great song!

This song is different from a lot of the stuff Lady Gaga puts out. It's a anthem about being who you are and loving yourself. I personally love this song. I think kids should be allowed to listen to this...of course unless you're homophobic.
Kid, 10 years old October 10, 2011

Great Song! Cool Beat, I Recommend This for You To Add To Your Playlist!

Sex: Nothing more than "No matter gay, straight or bi, lesbian, transgendered life." Even though this song is more about loving yourself and worshiping yourself than self esteem, I guess it has some pretty good messages:) .
Kid, 12 years old September 12, 2011

best song lady gaga has made!

i love this song!!it says no matter what way you were born u should love yourself!!! i love this song it sets a very good message =) but i dont like how shes talking anout gayness i like to think of this song in a different way like if u r born with a health issue or u feel ugly or fat=)
Kid, 10 years old August 17, 2011

I Really Hate Gaga's Music, but Some Songs Are Fine.

This song really gets annoying, but it's more about worshiping and loving yourself than self-esteem. It's kind of like she's saying that you're god and you are the queen/king.
Teen, 13 years old Written bygummibear77 August 6, 2011

Gaga 4ever!!!

This is a great song about loving yourself. Lady Gaga is an amazing role model. Sure, she does some things that people shouldn't do, but she's human too. Humans make mistakes. And for all of you out there who are saying that she's telling you to worship yourself, well that's just bs. And even if that were true, I'd rather have someone worship themselves than to hate themselves. Paws up lilmonsters ("")
Teen, 13 years old Written byChalise1227 August 4, 2011

Empowering message

I absolutely love this song. The message is pretty straight forward, being that u should b comfortable w who u r because god made u in his own image and likeness. It does mention the various sexual orientations n that they r fine. The reason I put "iffy" was because homosexuality is a very controversial topic, n i don't no how much it would offend certain households.
Kid, 12 years old July 30, 2011

AMAZING message. Lady Gaga took a right turn.

Very unlike Lady Gaga's other songs. No language, drinking, smoking, anything. The ONLY objectionable contents are the naming of sexual orientations (gay, straight, bisexual, lesbian, transgender) and the play of words on "drag queen" (Don't be a drag, just be a queen) which can be objectionable to disapproving cultures. Some Christians may be offended by multiple references to God- "He made you perfect babe" "Obey capital H-I-M (God)" but I am a very Biblical living Christian and am not offended. Beautiful message to love yourself and have fun without drinking or hooking up. I love this song and its message. A great way to teach children all cultures are beautiful as they are, considering discrimination on sexual orientation.
Teen, 16 years old Written bythecooldude1 July 10, 2011

Good but a little to much for kids

its a good song makes people listing to it feel beter about them self and who they are whatever what kind of oriantation they are.