All member reviews for "Both of Us" (CD Single)

Teen, 14 years old Written byYoshipie May 8, 2012

Fresh for both artists

When I first heard that these two were doing a song together, I honestly thought it wouldn't turn out good. But when I heard it when it was released, I was stunned. Apart from one word, the lyrics are appropriate, motivating and uplifting. The song is about remembering who you are through the rough times; don't let superficial values change who you are. The song has a nice and steady beat, B.o.B's rapping hasn't been this good since "Airplanes", and Taylor's vocals are strong and encouraging. These two are a fantastic duo, despite the fact that they are from two very different genres, and I really don't have anything bad to say about this song. It is simply amazing - the best song on the entire record.
Kid, 11 years old January 20, 2015

Rarest type of rap: The inspiring type

This song is so beautiful. B.o.B and Bridgit Mendler (she has one rap song) are the only rappers I know that make useful songs. Where has music gone to these days? Taylor Swift has a beautiful voice, and B.o.B has catchy rapping talent, making this song beautiful. B.o.B only put one swear word, (the N word that is bleeped out) and the message is great.
Teen, 17 years old Written byrebma97 April 15, 2014

Pretty cool song

I don't listen to much rap, mostly because most of them contain inappropriate sexual/profane/violent content that's occasionally offense (homophobic/racist/misogynic), but many of B.OB.'s songs are exceptions of this norm. I'm glad to say that not only do "Both of Us" stay in this realm, but it's also a good beat. Even better, it contains positive messages about standing up to bullying. With the exception of the "N" word by B.O.B. (you won't find it in the clean version), this is an appropriate song for kids.
Kid, 12 years old August 5, 2012

Great Song!!!!!!

It is a very positive song and I think it is a very good combination between Taylor Swift and B.O.B., also I think Taylor Swift is a good role model for kids and teens. The song talks about staying strong during hard times and today that is important for kids to listen to so the can feel like they can stay strong during hard times.
Kid, 10 years old August 4, 2012

I don't know why Taylor wants to sing with a rap artist, but ok...

I heard a little of this song on the iHeartRadio app on my mother's Kindle fire a few minutes ago. I'm not a rap fan, sorry, so I didn't like B.OB's part. Plus, when I looked at the lyrics (you can do that sometimes on the app), I saw the word n*gga. By the way, the "pause" for kids 12 years old is for the version with that word. It's okay for 10 and up if it doesn't have that word. -Samantha
Kid, 10 years old July 9, 2012

Surprising collaboration; Gorgeous song!!

As a huge Swiftie, I was sure that at least Taylor's part of the song would be good. But I was surprised--- they worked in perfect harmony, and I found myself buying the music video too! Great song, and regardless of if you like one of the two artists, none, or both, you will love this song!
Teen, 15 years old Written byway245 May 24, 2012

Positive message, one "N-word".

The only bad thing in this song is the "N" word. But really, you hear that everyday, so it shouldnt be a problem. This has a very good positive message aswell. It talks about life and how some of the stuff that a lot of people do aren't important as they think they are.