All member reviews for "Boyfriend" (CD Single)

JB keeps it sweet and clean with smooth rap and vocals.

Adult Written byBirthdayCake22 April 9, 2012

Nasty

Where are the good clean christian values and morals for tweens? You shouldn't be dating until you're at least 24 years of age in this economy. BLAAH!!!!
Teen, 15 years old Written byAnimeIsAwesome808 June 16, 2013

Bleh.

Boyfriend is just as bad as Justin Bieber's other crappy songs. JB is so annoying and talentless. Oh, and the girls who defend JB are braindead.
Teen, 17 years old Written byabbacus June 8, 2012

Parent of a 5, 9, 12, and 14 year old Written bypluggedinparent April 5, 2012

too sensual for my kids

ustin Bieber is growing up. And though some fans might long for him to remain their beloved cute-and-cuddly teen idol forever, the now 18-year-old singer seems determined to add another adjective to the list of words often used to describe him: seductive. It's not that the lyrics to his latest hit, "Boyfriend," are slanted toward the sexual. Indeed, just looking at them on paper, they're all but innocuous: "If I was your boyfriend," Bieber begins, "I'd never let you go/I can take you places you ain't never been before." Nothing too problematic there, nor, really, in the rest of the song, as we'll see momentarily. No, what's changed isn't so much the message Bieber delivers as the way he delivers it. Instead of launching his latest hit with his trademark high tenor, Justin swaggers into this song with a low, whispered rap that signals the arrival of a decidedly more grown-up sounding Bieber 3.0. It's not quite Barry White, but Bieber's husky delivery of lyrics like "Chillin' by the fire while we eatin' fondue" makes that otherwise innocent activity feel ever so slightly … dangerous. The chorus finds Bieber back in familiar sonic territory, earnestly emoting his intentions to be the best boyfriend ever as he exploits the upper register that made him famous: "If I was your boyfriend, never let you go/Keep you on my arm, girl, you'd never be alone/I can be a gentlemen, anything you want/If I was your boyfriend, I'd never let you go." And then its back to that raspy rap business: "Tell me what you like, yeah, tell me what you don't/I could be your Buzz Lightyear, fly across the globe." I think it's safe to say that Barry White never named-checked an animated action figure toy while wooing the ladies. Bieber, however, is still young enough to pull it off with a straight face. Neither is there any winking involved when he appropriates that time-honored hip-hop tradition of tossing cash around to impress a lady. "I got money in my hands that I'd really like to blow," he brags, "Swag, swag, swag on you." The song leaves little doubt that Justin Bieber is taking the next step in his career, walking down a trail so many teen heartthrobs of yesteryear—Usher, Justin Timberlake and Chris Brown all come to mind—have already blazed. Thankfully, content-wise, Bieber's latest offering is more lyrically restrained than anything those singers were producing at a similar point in their careers. As for the smoldering, sensual undercurrent? That may be a boyfriend of a different intention.
Adult Written byfrankf-k January 11, 2015

Kid, 10 years old June 24, 2014

The reality Of justin bieber

I Think It's Not for kids under 10 years old. He's talking about fast. Girls. It's not for them. They going to start doing the same thing
Kid, 10 years old June 22, 2014

life of a teenage boy named justin bieber

I think he is a cute boy in all but its too much for 3 in 4 years old because hes talking about fast girls in it too much for girls its true like little chlidren shouldn't be hearing about fast girl fast girls are messy in grown girls who think they grown the end of my review hpoe you liked it
Parent Written byTheaT. March 29, 2013

Not for 7 year olds

You are kidding, right? Have you seen the video?
Written byAnonymous January 8, 2013

He's 18 so 18+ it is.

This song about a girl getting a Boyfriend. Sex is in it So this song is not for kids. Justin Bieber is 18 Years Old.
Parent of an infant, 2, 3, 5, 6, and 11 year old Written byResponsibleParentOf9 December 31, 2012

This song is about BOYFRIENDS and for mindless adults!

Bad references to boyfriends, which is a sexual reference. Also, this is for mindless adults, so my kids can't listen to it.
Teen, 14 years old Written bybscgirl September 15, 2012

boyfriend by jb

its makes him sound like a stalker.....
Kid, 11 years old July 30, 2012

Better then Baby

Much better then his single Baby.
Teen, 16 years old Written byDuper_Drew July 29, 2012

Justin Bieber needs to quit his singing career!

The rythm is lame,the singing is medicore (I'm not suprised about THAT),and the music is annoying! It is also a rip-off ofmy favorite BTR song "Boyfriend".Justin Bieber is a geek!!
Adult Written byJulia from Sweden July 16, 2012

Its ok but not very inventive

Bieber is stuck in a rut with old-sounding melodies and uninventive lyrics. He walks in every other American boy band cutie's footsteps. His b*lls have finally dropped, though, so he sings better now. Album "Believe" is ok too, but not a future classic.
Kid, 11 years old July 14, 2012

Kind of Creepy

I think that the rap part is kind of creepy. He has a deep low kind of voice. It's definetly a long way from Baby.
Kid, 10 years old July 14, 2012

Not a fan.

I'm sorry, I cannot stand Justin Bieber. I saw a clip of the music video for "Boyfriend" online (it was a clip from "The Voice".) I didn't like it. The song itself was all weird and electroniclike. Also, in the video, it showed hands near him, waving around like at a concert in an "I know you want me" way. Overall, I don't like this song at all, but some people might.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySockyChibi<3 July 13, 2012

noticable

One line "Swag, swag, swag all over you." Something like that. He says "Swag" alot and "Swaggie". Also talks about being someone's boyfriend.
Teen, 17 years old Written byWREN345 July 1, 2012

Noooooooooo

Terrible disgrace to the world of music of course any JB fan will love to normal people its just anoying
Kid, 12 years old June 23, 2012

Positive Song

Boyfriend definitely has a more mature sound than much of Justin's previous music, but the song is still clean and is about treating a girlfriend right.
Teen, 13 years old Written byxi love cod June 10, 2012

Love boyfriend

here's my review, JB has envolved from a moron to a great smooth clean rap so hear it Now