All member reviews for "Boyfriend" (CD Single)

JB keeps it sweet and clean with smooth rap and vocals.

Kid, 12 years old June 7, 2012

Holy crap.

This song is all sexual, as in the song he mutters rap so you don't hear what's he's saying. He's talking about having sex, laying in the bed. In the music video, he's touching the girl's stomach and breast. This song is too sensual! Bieber takes it too far.
Teen, 15 years old Written byFabulousMe May 29, 2012

There are two ways to take this song.

Technically there's nothing wrong with song. But if you're anything but an innocent 8 year old you're gonna get more out of it. The whispering is just a little too much. Now I'm not saying I don't listen to it, or watch the video, but I just gotta warn you, there are two ways you can take this song. And they are very, VERY, different.
Teen, 16 years old Written byanders09ma May 27, 2012

Boyfriend :)

JB is back! But I was a little suprises by the rapping though. Lol :)
Kid, 12 years old May 22, 2012

boyfriend!!!! good thing

I think that this song is a great song by Justin Bieber for kids all ages. Even though he talks about being someones boyfriend, he makes it real smooth, and doesn't use any curse words or inapropeiate use of words, that children can enjoy.
Kid, 11 years old May 22, 2012

Nothing more than skinny girls washing cars in summer-wear.

All I can say is, I personally dislike Bieber's music, and I think most parents nowdays would, too, as most grew up in the 80's, which means they probably have a completely different taste in music than this cheap teen pop. In musical terms, it's very lacking, no real message, the whole song is poorly set up, maybe a few chords played on the guitar in the chorus, but to me it's pure junk.
Teen, 15 years old Written bygirl4natwolff May 22, 2012

Bieber's growing up...Kind of.

I like this song, and it's catchy, and fun to sing along to. I do think that Justin's trying too hard to grow up, though. If you look at the music video for this song, the whole video he's touching or almost kissing as girl in a sensual-like way. Also, the whole song and video seems to be flaunting his money and fame. Like, for example, "I've got money in my hands that I'd really like to blow." Yes, Justin, we know you made 72.4 million in 2010, but, calm down. I think we all understand that you are now the richest teen in the world. (Or adult? Well, he's 18 now) And to the Bieber fans (I used to be obsessed with this kid, by the way, buying everything that had Justin's face or name on it) go watch his very first music video (One Time) then watch "Boyfriend". Mind-blowing, right? :) But, the song itself is squeaky clean as usual, which I give Bieber credit for.
Kid, 10 years old May 15, 2012

OK

It's ok but not the usual Justin Bieber. Rapping , and flirty mature content. Not too much though. The video is mature (not too mature). So basically, this song is really good.
Teen, 17 years old Written bylalaland503 May 12, 2012

Very Nice Justin!

I really like this song and think he has matured very much and I personally love his new music.
Kid, 6 years old May 11, 2012

Great!

I think this song has a really good vibe, and really nice lyrics. They are appropriate, but maybe too mature for some younger viewers.
Teen, 14 years old Written byYoshipie May 6, 2012

Definitely more mature, but parents should be careful

"Boyfriend" provides a more mature sound. JB has definitely evolved much since "Baby". However, I would say that this song wouldn't be suitable for younger audiences (I.e. 12 and under). The lyrics explore some sexual content, which may alarm some parents. Although the song itself doesn't contain heavy sexual-content, the music video for "Boyfriend" is definitely a video that parents wouldn't want to see their children watching. It is absolutely horrendous. The whole video is basically Bieber dancing and touching other girls, who are wearing extremely revealing clothes. So basically, bottom line is: letting your kids listen to this song is okay, but be concerned of its light sexual content. Also, beware if your children are watching the video, maybe wait for a few more years until your kids turn 15 or older.
Teen, 15 years old Written bysisterwhocares May 3, 2012

Not bad, considering it's Justin Bieber

Before you look at this review and get the wrong idea, just to let you know I do not like JB at all. I have always thought of him as a whiny pop star brat; it seems that teen sensation singers don't go in to puberty until age 18 by the way they sing LOL. However, he actually sounds much better in this song, with smooth raps and soft acoustic beats. I hope he keeps this up so he won't descend back into the "Girly Soprano" vortex he was in for a while. He definitely sounds a lot more manly, but there is a problem: the song is deliberately intended to sound seductive. Sure, the lyrics are clean and all, but the way he raps them sounds very sexy (not saying it's wrong, just a little too sexy for his younger fans). In that voice, I could almost hear him easily singing the sexy "Birthday Cake". Not saying the song is wrong, but it does sound pretty darn sexy for someone as squeaky as him.
Kid, 11 years old April 29, 2012

AWFUL

He is awful! who likes him!
Kid, 11 years old April 27, 2012

Swaggie?

I suppose it's a good song for kids who love Justin Bieber but honestly, I don't see a reason why he would put in words "swag" and "swaggie" unless he's trying to become "cool", or even "bad". And I don't know why he went from bubblegum pop to mumble-rap. It's an okay song, just the change is unsettling and the lyrics are kind of off.
Kid, 12 years old April 18, 2012

More Mature for Justin

Definitely not Baby but Justin is slowly transitioning to more mature music even though the song is not inappropriate. Tokyo Motel mets Sel Gomez. With great vocals and a cool rap solo. Definitely tells you how to treat a lady which is good.
Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2012

Great song from great singer

I adore Justin Bieber! His new single sounds more mature and grown up. He sounds much better than before. When he sings, "Girlfriend, girlfriend, you can be my girlfriend till the ------------- world ends.'' sounds not aproprette for fans 6 and under. But I know what he's really saying. The song itself is great but maybe sound wierd to little kids 6 and under and some fans that are use to the old Justin. But I like the new Justin better. Some fans got to get use to his change.
Kid, 12 years old April 7, 2012

Boyfriend 101

Boyfriend is a great song for kids 6+. It talks about him treating his girlfriend with respect and being a gentleman. Clean and catchy song. My favorite song! :)
Teen, 15 years old Written bylizliz16 April 5, 2012

Adult Written byTony632 April 4, 2012

if i was your'e boyfriend, you'd never be alone

Teen, 16 years old Written byRosebud95 April 4, 2012

OK

It's a nice song, but it's just OK.