All member reviews for "Call Me Maybe" (CD Single)

Teen, 16 years old Written byOGORMAN May 6, 2012

This song and video are sweet and worthwhile. :)

This cute, catchy pop tune is one to put on your summer playlist! The song is sweet and is about exactly what the title implies. Since there is nothing concerning about the song in itself, I will also review the video for the song. The video almost seems to turn the song into something sexual. Right away at the beginning the boy that she is crushing on in the video takes off his shirt while doing yard work. This reveals a muscular physique and tattoos, and is obviously intended to catch female attention. The rest of the video is purely sexually intended as well... but you can judge whether or not you want your child to watch it. I thought it was funny as well as cute. The end is extremely hilarious as well. Comments? Questions? Concerns? Email me: ogormanscommonsense at yahoo. :)
Kid, 10 years old June 15, 2012

Call Me Maybe Thoughtful Review

Call Me Maybe, by Carly Rae Jepsen, has been a hit in the music business. It has been a sensation on itunes. It has been downloaded over 800,000 times. It has played on the radio since February. This is Supermelonkitty204 with your top reviews. I think this is just a simple song where a young girl is expressing her love for a guy into a catchy song. I think kids (mostly girls) will enjoy this song. For the kids and teens who are already, are fine and this song does not need to be checked over. I am kind of iffy though about the music video because in some scenes the guy is shirtless, but it is not much to worry about. I give this song a thumbs up for being safe, appropriate, and fun to dance to! BY: Supermelonkitty204
Kid, 11 years old April 9, 2012

Kid, 10 years old July 26, 2012

hate it

hate this song
Teen, 16 years old Written byabbacus June 1, 2012

Love it!

This is one of my favorite songs. Once I hear it I can't get it out of my head.
Teen, 13 years old Written byandasif July 6, 2012

so annoying

At first it twas ok but now its sooooo annoying. Like everyones singing it and i want to scream. Its a stupid pop song. I hate it. It has the same lyrics over and over and this has been going on since april!!!!!!!! And this Carly person is falling in love with this really thin anerixic guy in the music video. Really?
Kid, 11 years old March 28, 2012

OK

I like it, but it can be a little repetitive at times. I feel like, "hey i just met you, and this is crazy, but heres my number, so call me maybe" Is going on over and over again.
Teen, 15 years old Written byJ4VZ October 13, 2013

2 CATCHY?

its great and very catchy!
Teen, 13 years old Written byUseursense August 16, 2013

OK, I guess...... SUPER ANNOYING AFTER 5 TIMES OF HEARING IT!!!!!!

I was excited when I got this for my iPod, as it was popular in my school. But, since I have listened to it 5 times IT IS SOOOOOOOOO STINKING ANNOYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't stand it! It's not inspiring and has NO message! It's just like "hey I just met ya/this is crazy/here's my number/so call me maybe!" She has an OK voice, BUT NOW I CAN'T STAND THIS SONG!!!!!!!!!! It's really embarrassing when ur 10 yr old bro sings it randomly!!!!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written bysmashingepicness767 July 12, 2013

Universal

STUCK IN MY HEAD SINCE IT FIRST CAME OUT!! Soo catchy it's appropriate for all ages!!
Kid, 10 years old June 24, 2013

TERRIBLE

WORST SONG EVER
Teen, 13 years old Written byTurtlelover70 June 23, 2013

Yay

I love this song and I'm a boy
Kid, 9 years old April 26, 2013

Teen, 14 years old Written byIsabel14 February 21, 2013

Great song

I love this song
Teen, 14 years old Written byVanitasFajitas February 7, 2013

I cringe at the sound of this song.

This song is absolutely dreadful. It's beyond me how anyone could possibly stand to listen to it. I've hated it since the first time I heard it. It's one of the most obnoxious songs I've ever heard, in my opinion. It's not catchy; it's just plainly ANNOYING. I can't stress enough how much I DESPISE this song! Carly Rae Jepsen seems like a nice person, but her music is TERRIBLE!
Teen, 17 years old Written bybirthdaycakecrazy12 December 23, 2012

Annoying and inapropriate song

Ripped jeans skin was showing: DEFFINITLY NOT APROPRIATE I trade my soul for a wish; pennies and dimes for a kiss = BAD ROLE MODLE AND INAPROPRIATE BRIBE
Teen, 14 years old Written byNLRicci December 23, 2012

Fluffy pop song lacks depth.

This song about wanting a guy to call does not have much mature content. There is just some minor innuendo, ("Hot night, wind was blowin', ripped jeans, skin was showin'"). It lacks depth and substance though, and Carly Rae Jepsen has a very average voice. This makes the song too lightweight.
Kid, 10 years old December 23, 2012

Cool song.

This song is catchy but after awhile, it gets kinda annoying.
Kid, 11 years old November 30, 2012

I usually like her, but, very catchy song... The bad thing is that what does "Call Me Maybe" mean?