All member reviews for "Calling All the Monsters" (CD Single)

"Thriller" for kids; video might be scary for little ones.

Teen, 13 years old Written bylearnedfromtheworst July 21, 2013

Good Halloween mash, I like China Anne, but..

Scary? Haha it's Disney, like their movies and shows true emotion anymore :/ It's just some party song that anyone would overlook and play every Halloween, and I agree she is talented, but go with the classic: "Monster Mash" And what do you mean by if they know it's real, This song ain't even scary, of course we know it's not real, we aren't stupid. It's okay,I like it, I would listen to it, but not buy it or call it my fave song.
Kid, 11 years old January 2, 2013

Do NOT trust this girl!

This girl is a poser and ripped off Taio's Dynamite. NOW SHE DOES THIS?! SAVE THE PLANET. DON'T BUY THIS. #1 CAUSE OF GLOBAL WARMING.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTheVampire January 20, 2012

I

quit hatin peoples! What did you expect from a halloween song? of course theres gonna be monsters and all that creepy stuff. idk bout u, but Chyna seems fearless in the video, dancing with a bunch of freaks. Monsters do have that reputation of hurtin people, but seriously, just because there is a rumor doesnt mean its true. Monsters are people like us; minus the fangs, fur and bandages. There isn't really any message in this song besides just having fun with a bunch a freak-a-zoids. But i do c ur concerns with the realistic costumes and the lines "Comin to getcha" and "Kiss tomorrow good bye" scaring the little ones, but that is no xcuse 2 start hatin
Kid, 9 years old December 17, 2011

you people are lying!

It is not a scary video china is a great role model and she is amazing singer. this song is a awesome one and it is not that scary. anyways what do you excpet from halloween song music video! you have to have monsters in it. even little kids song like sometimes on nick jr around halloween they have that lil monster vid song. my god they are monster it willnot scare your child unless maybe they are 2 years old. his is the most honest reveiw i can give.
Teen, 16 years old Written byJayla970 November 28, 2011

CHINA ANNE MCCLAIN: TALENTED

This is soo great. China really can sing and dance. She's even a great actress. Don't be jealous of her because she's famous and extremely talented, instead be happy that's she's NOT a diva and on drugs. She's a great role model.
Kid, 11 years old November 19, 2011

old rock

it great to rock out to or for party im 11 and i still love this
Teen, 14 years old Written byshoemtar November 18, 2011

music for the dead

i know that this song is good because i have heard this song before and i love it!!!!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byrebma97 November 6, 2011

Catchy tune

Calling All Monsters is a catchy song. It's not the best, but Chyna is a good singer and I think that's what makes the song better. The monsters in the music video are a bit scary for kids, and there's one line that mentions the monsters are coming for you so it might scare little kids. I think it depends on how sensetive the child is.
Kid, 11 years old November 4, 2011

a good tween song, a scary kid song

I never knew "Thriller" became kid-oriented! Even when we don't entirely celebrate Halloween, this song did set the tone and was especially scary, so scary (at least from a younger kid's sight) that even China herself said she was a little scared filming the video! Some very scary lyrics like "We're comin' to get ya" and "You hide or you try...kiss tomorrow goodbye". Tweens may think of it as a groove fest, while youngsters might believe of it as a fright fest.
Teen, 13 years old Written byKhOiCoOl November 3, 2011

dont even litsen to it ,it is garbage

IT is really Annoying
Kid, 11 years old October 31, 2011

Just Having Fun!

STOP BEING SO MEAN! China Anne McClain is VERY talented for her age. She is just trying to have fun. IT IS HER moment! I love this song! Catchy and a nice message. TONIGHT ALL THE MONSTERS COME AND DANCE! IF you watch the video some toddlers may get scared by the realistic costumes.
Kid, 10 years old October 30, 2011

China Anne mclain Calling all the monsters

Amazing she is diffrent from the other singers good voice love it that will be added on my chrismas list. from Isabella31
Kid, 11 years old October 30, 2011

Annoying.

Annoying.
Kid, 12 years old October 27, 2011

Best Song Ever!!!

It Does Not matter what/who you are be happy
Adult Written byBeautifulQueen October 26, 2011

Give me a Break

Let me say first that my family personally did not celebrate Halloween when I was growing up. I think this is a cool video and appropriate with the Halloween themes. If you let your kids or you yourself celebrate Halloween, why not let them watch this? She is a good role model and is showing its ok to have fun and not be afraid of things in life that may scare you.
Kid, 9 years old October 23, 2011

What i think

it is good but also might be scary for 7 and under
Kid, 11 years old October 23, 2011

Copycat alert!

Good God... This is just awful. She is a copycat and autotuned to death. Thriller much? Please... come up with your own ideas! No people wanna go bowling with Satan, Chyna.
Teen, 17 years old Written byTheGreatNoOne October 14, 2011

I really like the effects used on her voice in the song!

The lyrics are pretty cheesy, lame, childish, but China is a great singer and so she makes it enjoyable.
Parent Written byTeen Leader October 12, 2011

"Calling All the Monsters" (CD Single) OjO

Kids don't need 2 make friend's with Monsters, Satan or his buddy's. Best your kids have something positive in their lives than something that drags them down. Here's a game, try it & have fun with it. Have your kid stand with ankles lock in together, now tell them 2 hold a negative lyric music CD to their chest & pull them forward & U will C how easy it is to unbalance them of their feet. Now, have them hold and apple the same way and pull them forward & U will C how they hold their balance much better. This is only a game but it will show how a negative unbalances a persons & positive invigorates. Like I said have fun. I love China Anne, but not this song or the Halloween episode of ANT Farm that goes with this episode talks about Satan and going bowling with him. This is not good.
Teen, 14 years old Written byleftbehindcrazed8 October 8, 2011

no no no

What is this?! It's all about monsters and stuff and not good for kids! And the episode that goes with this talks about Satan and going bowling with him!!!! That's awful!!!! I love China Anne but not this song or the Halloween episode of ANT Farm