All parent member reviews for Can't Be Tamed

Parent of a 8, 10, and 14 year old Written byIamASafeOne April 7, 2013

Yes, she CAN'T be tamed.

What I've noticed by listening: Language (H3ll, brat) Sexual and consuming references (i go through guys like money...) What I've noticed by the music video: Cage dancing, skimpy and showy outfit, lots of shaking hips and waving arms in the air while going down then up, spinning on poles, dancing with buff men, holding hips near butt. Good things that I've noticed: This song does have a good lesson, She is saying that nobody can change who she is, you can be yourself and be happy, it's perfectly ok to be you, nobody can change who you are. There is a catchy beat. 3 stars. Only let 10 and 14 year old listen to it.
Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 November 12, 2012

cant be tamed

Parents can talk about what makes young musicians take different paths as they grow and mature. Why do some girls like Miley Cyrus and Britney Spears choose to start dressing provocatively and singing about sexual situations? Why do other girls like Taylor Swift continue to dress and act more modestly while keeping their songs free of adult content?
Adult Written byBeckstar November 1, 2011

moderate sexual themes

Yes, Miley has 'grown-up'. Apart from just the cover and her scandals. Some of the songs contains sexual lyrics. One isn't too bad and just mentions 'making love' instead of 'sex'. But I would not let a kid listen to this until they are about 13. Young kids won't really understand I guess though..it's up to you what you do. Listen to every song carefully and make up your mind
Parent Written bymomistheword September 1, 2011

The truth.....

Autotune, No meaning and no dedication. Thats the nicest i could think off this album. Okay first of all NONE of the songs have meaning! every rose has its thorn is the only really one that has some sort of releatable meaning... BUT SHE DIDN'T EVEN WRITE IT! Basically this album is an autotune, sexified mess. Mileys not growing up , shes creating another false image of herself....
Adult Written bybianca7788 May 16, 2011

Bye Hannah Montana, Hello Britney Spears

I would never let my kids listen to this. Gives out the wrong message.
Adult Written by90210fan February 5, 2011

for kids and teens

Love it postive cd with good messages like inliberty walk can't be tammed is the only bad song
Parent Written byCommonSenseParent November 25, 2010

Miley Cyrus Grows Up

Finally, Miley Cyrus grows up, starts writing her own songs, and has put together a catchy, addictive CD. "Can't Be Tamed" is an excellent CD that middle school and up will love. Highly reccomended. A+
Adult Written byLMonero November 18, 2010

Bad influence.

While she might be great for the older kids, she's a terrible role model for children. She tries very hard to portray an "adult" image, but she's just a kid herself.
Parent of a 16 year old Written byreallybusy July 15, 2010

Everybody grows up

The great thing about Hannah Montana is that she's preserved pretty much forever through the magic of Disney. Miley Cyrus is a real-live person who is growing up and moving on. Whether or not you approve of her choices (should any 17 year old be giving lap dances???) she provides a good opportunity to talk about fantasy v. reality. Hannah Montana is mostly good, clean fantasy. The real Miley Cyrus must be struggling to figure out what's next...
Parent of a 11 year old Written bySamantha T July 9, 2010

'Can't Be Tamed' is Mileys worst song.

I heard this song and really hated it. One of the lines in the song is, "I go through guys like money." She is 17!!! I think she needs to stop trying to be like other singers. I really didn't like her before but I prefer that music than this crud. Don't listen to this song, unless you want your ears to bleed.
Parent of a 13 year old Written bytealsweety July 8, 2010