Kid reviews for "Can't Hold Us (feat. Ray Dalton)" (CD Single)

Empowering, positive rap track is mostly clean.

Teen, 13 years old Written bystudboy24 July 3, 2013

cant hold us

Kid, 12 years old April 21, 2013

Awesome

This is even a better song than Thrift Shop! Let older Tweens and up.

Kid, 10 years old June 9, 2013

The Language Is Not As Bad As Thrift Shop

As usual, Macklemore curses while he raps but not as much as Thrift Shop. In my opinion, Can't Hold Us is better than his previous song but there are some curse words like d--n, p-mp and s--t. Its a great thing there's no f--k or c--k like Thrift Shop but you can still here some profanity words.

Kid, 11 years old June 18, 2013

Can't hold us is a hit

This is an extremely catchy song with a good beat.The only problem is that it has some bad language in it.It says the sh word and the da word.You can barely understand the bad words.It has a positive message about that you can do anything you want it has good rhymes and stuff like that.By listening to the song you can tell it took a long time to make.Overall it is a clean song.

Kid, 11 years old July 21, 2014

some language

some language d--n s--t

Kid, 10 years old February 18, 2014

MACKLEMORE IS THE BEST!!!!!!!1111111!!!!!!!11!!!

This song is AMAZING. Good message, only swears twice, the music video is super-optimistic, even people who don't like rap like it (my mom thinks rap is inappropriate for kids, but she lets me listen to the clean version of this) and it's just AWESOME!

Kid, 10 years old July 15, 2013

Dang

WOW! malkamore and Ryan Lewis really hit the top with this one. Its better than Thrift Shop!

Teen, 13 years old Written byBig Fan August 4, 2018

Great song, but not quite for kids

I think this is a great song, But it is probably best for teens. "S--t," "pimp," and "damn" are used 1 time each. It's pretty clean and positive, though. Anyway, it's a really cool song that I highly recommend for Macklemore & Ryan Lewis fans.
Kid, 10 years old September 10, 2014

ok,but a little iffy

i like the song but too much swearing

Kid, 12 years old November 16, 2013

Awesome

Awesome song by maclemore although not as good a message as thrift shop, and same love.

Teen, 14 years old Written byBetty L. August 3, 2013

Great Rapping

While I think CAN'T HOLD US doesn't have the best beat, but the lyrics aren't really offensive and there is barely any swearing. I like the lyrics, and Macklemore has become my favorite rapper after I heard Thrift Shop and Same Love. I can't wait for another song!

Teen, 13 years old Written byheat fan July 14, 2013

Awesome song

Cant Hold Us has great rapping and the random guy singing is also good. There is only two bad words and they are both mild. Overall good song and appropriate for younger kids who want to listen to rap.

Kid, 10 years old June 7, 2013

RAP MUSIC HAS FINALLY BECAME UPLIFTING!THANKS MACKLEMORE!

Can't Hold Us Is A Pretty Good Song,By Thrift Shoper Macklemore.Can't Hold Us Encourages Listeners To Try Their Hardest,Learn From Their Failures,And Tells To Follow Your Dreams.Their Is Some Mild Language,Like ''Da*n'',S*it,And Pi*p,But You Can Barely Hear Them.Overall,This Is A Very Clean Song Compared To Thrift Shop,And Has Some Mild Positive Role Models And Messages.It Is A Great Pick For Kids Ages 10+. P.S.A Teacher Played This At My School A Couple Of Days Ago.The Clean Version He Played.

Kid, 10 years old June 4, 2013

Empowering single rocks the airwaves with minor profanity

"Can't Hold Us" is a New Wave hit by Macklemore and partner Ryan Lewis. The song carries a positive message of breaking out and just being you, and having enough confidence to feel like "the ceiling can't hold [you]". Language includes s**t, and d**n, no big deal. I recommend the single to anybody older than 13.

Kid, 10 years old June 3, 2013

MY FAVE SONG!!

WOOOOOT MACKLEMORE!!!!!!!! I come from Seattle so he is soooooo popular here!! This is an awesome beat and great message about being humble and putting everything into his music. Totally awesome!

Teen, 15 years old Written bybscgirl May 31, 2013

Can't Hold Us

i was impressed when i heard this its a good song :)

Teen, 14 years old Written byC.M.B May 10, 2013

Rap with a Message!

Good News! Rap music finally encourages positivity! Macklemore puts forth a fun rap song that encourages you to "fight 'til it's over". If you have heard Thrift shop and disliked it, give this song a listen! It's miles better than Thrift Shop!

Kid, 11 years old May 5, 2013

2/4/6...

who notices that everything on CSM is off for ages 2,4, and 6?
Teen, 15 years old Written byasecoolish May 1, 2013

Great song 10 years and up

I remember listening to macklemore when he was a local underground artist in Seattle (my hometown). I have always liked his music and this song is a great upbeat positive track. Some swears but no big deal. I recommend listening to this and his full album The Heist.

Kid, 12 years old May 1, 2013