All member reviews for Christmas from the Heart

Excellent traditional Christmas music from Idol alum.

Adult Written bycarolyns August 11, 2010

A traditional Christmas album with inventive arrangements

I love this album. There is just one new song on the album, a song about about how the music of Christmas brings back warm memories of family times together.The rest of the album is almost all traditional religious Christmas carols and music, with two older standards I'll Be Home for Christmas and Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas. David conveys the real meaning of Christmas in his choices, not the frivoulous side. There are no songs about Santa or gifts or reindeer. But the arrangements are very inventive, with some including bit of melody from other carols in the background. The accompaniment is is smooth mix of a real Czech string orchestra with some modern synth effects, giving the album a sound quality as crisp as a clear snowy day. And David's song styling adds a respectful but more modern soulful vocal sound to some songs, and that can be attractive to young people. One song has a little bit of French, and two songs are totally in foreign languages, one in Spanish and one in Latin. Beautiful sound and wonderful values in this album.
Parent Written bymrporkface11 February 14, 2012

Fallout New Vegas review

I HATE COMMON SENSE MEDIA
Adult Written byVFerrll December 7, 2009

Perfect Christmas cd

This cd is traditional and captures the true meaning of Christmas. David Archuleta's vocals are amazing, and these songs were meant to be heard with an orchestra. This is my all-time favorite Christmas cd, and one which I will enjoy throughout the year.
Parent of a 12 and 15 year old Written bycloud94me December 7, 2009

Wonderful for ALL ages!!!

I am a huge David Archuleta fan, and this CD was no let down! His vocals are amazing. The songs are traditional, but he really puts an upbeat spin on them. The orchestra music is also amazing on the CD. The last song is one he co-wrote called The Melodies of Christmas. It talks about the Christmas season and how "Old familiar melodies bring back special memories" It is a very upbeat and positive song. We've been enjoying the CD in my home since it came out in October. It's a must have this season! Merry Christmas!!! ;-)