All member reviews for "Come & Get It" (CD Single)

Catchy tribal beats, a bit of innuendo on lame pop track.

Age

Teen, 14 years old Written byLivthelion April 17, 2014

BAD

This song is terrible and has a bad message for young girls.
Teen, 14 years old Written by8rebel24 June 9, 2013

Try something less inappropriate!

I used to love Selena. She was so innocent. Now, she comes out with this! The lyrics and video are so racy! The only thing good about this is the Indian theme. The Indian-inspired beat is very catchy and clever. However, I would have liked that theme better with less racy lyrics and video. If you ask me, Justin Bieber is a bad influence on her. She used to be so innocent...
Kid, 10 years old June 4, 2013

Disappointing house track from 'Spring Breakers' star is tainted with sex

"Come & Get It" is a House single by Selena Gomez. The song only has a major issue as far as sexual content. The song is about luring a man to have sex with a woman. The hook has one questionable line, "When you're ready come and get it!" I recommend the single to anyone older than 14.
Written byAnonymous May 15, 2013

This song is not for people who are shy. The word shy is in it. ...and It's not for kids & Plus she does the Movie Spring Breakers.

CSM got this right on the Sex: "When you're ready come and get it... You ain't gotta worry, it's an open invitation." with one more line she said this line "I'm not to shy to show that I love you" So it's Not for Kids. Come & Get It is all about Getting the sex.
Kid, 11 years old May 10, 2014

admirable star sends sexist message

i've always loved selena, but not this song. basically what it's saying "i'll just be waiting for you, you can come around whenever you want, and i'll just be sitting here". i think we should be teaching people to take charge and not let people control our lives. not what this song says.
Kid, 11 years old January 9, 2014

Upbeat....but disappointing

Eww! I dislike this song, very disappointing, suggestive lyrics and I hate the way she has taken Bollywood and made it sound lame and weak. She needs vocal coaching and needs to learn how to sing WITHOUT AUTO-TUNE. In my opinion this is very weak, her other songs are slightly better. Apart from that, it's reasonably catchy and has a pretty upbeat tune.
Kid, 11 years old December 1, 2013

Not for 9 and under

I have heard the song and I like it but if you are a kid under 9 and don't understand things that have to do with sex then I don't think this is the right song for you. But overall the beat is nice and it's good song.
Adult Written bymoviemaker201 August 9, 2013

I don't see what's wrong; it's a good song!

Good song, I don't see any problems with it. Some mild suggestive lyrics that could be about romance or sex; it depends on how you interpret them. (These will more likely than not sail over kid's heads.) Overall, I enjoyed it.
Kid, 9 years old August 3, 2013

Come and get it!'

I love this song! The bindis are just fashionable! Its clean and a very good song.
Kid, 10 years old July 4, 2013

I Really Like This Song.And I Don't Know Why.

I Really Don't Know Why I Like This Song.Cause,I Usually Don't Like This Type Of Love Songs.My Style Is More Maroon 5ish,Singing Songs About Love Gone Bad Instead About Wanting To Have Love,Like This Song Is About.Maybe It's The Pop-Rock Style Of This Song,I Really Don't Know.The Song's Content Has It's Fair Share Of Suggestive Content And Sex Talk,But,Many Kids Hear This Everyday On Radio Disney.The Song Is About A Girl Who Wants To Date A Guy Or....I Think You May Know The Rest,Which Is Having Sex.But Honestly,I Don't Know What The Song Is About.I Like It Because Of The Pop Rock Beat.It's A Pretty Decent Song.
Parent of a 6, 10, 13, and 16 year old Written bypluggedinparent June 20, 2013

Way to stay innocent,sel.

This is one of my, 13 year old daughters favorite songs, and i just heard it for the first time. I was shocked that the one disney star that i thought had it all together was advertising herself for sex in a very subtle way. That was the question on everyone's mind after Selena Gomez's new song "Come & Get It" was leaked … and then hurriedly released. And, really, with lyrics like these, you can understand how that interpretation of the song might quickly gain traction: "You ain't gotta worry," Gomez begins, striking a beguilingly, Rihanna-like pose, with just a hint of a faux Jamaican accent creeping through. "It's an open invitation/I'll be sittin' right here, real patient/All day, all night, I'll be waitin' standby/Can't stop because I love it, hate the way I love you/All day, all night, maybe I'm addicted for life, no lie." Gomez, however, didn't wait long to dispel that interpretation—much to the relief, I'm sure, of throngs of young female Bieber fans everywhere. In an interview with Ryan Seacrest on his daily radio program, she clarified the song's intent: "Honestly, to be 100% real, it's not really about a specific person. The reason why I wanted this to be the first single was because it exudes … confidence and strength, and that is something I'm willing to share with the world. That's the place I want to be in, and I want to represent something good and be a good example, so I think it's fun." Evaluating the song on her own terms, then, does "Come & Get It" offer something "good" for Gomez's superfans (called "Selenators")? Well, it all depends upon how you interpret the word It in the title. If the It in question is heard as merely a romantic relationship, as many of the song's lyrics hint, "Come and Get It" offers a relatively harmless (if fluffy) take on 21st-century romance. "You got the kind of love that I want, let me get that," Gomez coos, "And baby, once I get it, I'm yours, no take backs/Gon' love you for life, I ain't leaving your side." And note that Gomez's promise to love someone faithfully for life is refreshingly positive here—a "good example," as she puts it. But the flirty nature of the song yields another interpretation for the It in question: sex. And if not actual sex, then some of that physical stuff leading up to sex. This will certainly be the interpretation in dance clubs the world over as Selena asserts, "I'm not too shy to show you I love you, I got no regrets/ … When you're ready, come and get it." We also have to grapple a bit with these lines: "This love will be the death of me, be I know I'll die happily." Romeo and Juliet notwithstanding, any time a young artist starts equating the perfect romance with death, it should give us pause. Selena's definitely sporting a lot of sass and spunk these days. And she's delivering a sound and attitude that find her moving away from her Wizards of Waverly Place launching pad at Disney and closer to the kind of adult image she's all too quickly transitioning into (a well-trodden path, to be sure). "Come & Get It" obviously doesn't go nearly as far as her recent starring turn in the R-rated film Spring Breakers did. But that doesn't convince me its messages are ultimately quite as good as Gomez thinks they are
Teen, 14 years old Written bybeachgirl15 June 2, 2013

Really catchy song, a little suggestive

Well, basically I'm a really huge fan of Selena and I really love her music, but when I heard Come and Get It, I was really surprised (in a good way). And I say that because it's totally different from her previous music that she's made a few years ago. And I think that this song is so catchy, especially when she sings "Na, na, na." And I'll admit that her lyrics and video are slightly suggestive, but it's nothing explicit or anything terrible. I'm not gonna let a ten year old watch it, though. But like I said, it's nothing overly sexual or no cussing, just slightly suggestive than her other videos and lyrics. But I give this song a five star because it's really awesome and it's okay for ten and up.
Teen, 15 years old Written bybscgirl May 31, 2013

Come & Get It

yes it is kind of dirty and sexy but kids dont even know what it means so its fine plus it has a fun beat
Kid, 12 years old May 22, 2013

Nice beat cute song.

Very cutsey song, If it comes up on my ipods pandora I'll listen to it but not a hit, The beat is nice it's barley suggestive (okay well kind of) and in the music video she wears a skimpy outfit in a scene but thats it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byPiperMaclain711 May 7, 2013

Not her best.

This song was a big disappointment. There's no doubt it's suggestive in content, and I wasn't impressed with the music video either. Selena has a really cool voice, so there was honestly no need for her to go this route. This song could've been just as easily sung by any other pop star, and didn't show case her voice at all. As for the catchy-ness of this song, all it really made me want to do was follow her example and copy the moves she does in the video.
Teen, 17 years old Written byRosebud95 April 26, 2013

It's fine

It's kind of catchy, but her singing is still just average...but I like that there's a dance to this :))))
Teen, 16 years old Written byrebma97 April 24, 2013

Poppy tune from Selena

It's okay, kinda catchy. There's obvious innuendo-"When you're ready come and get it" plays throughout the chorus-but I highly doubt kids will know what it means (as it is very subtle). Still, I can see how parents would not want their kids listening to this song.