Kid reviews for "Come & Get It" (CD Single)

Catchy tribal beats, a bit of innuendo on lame pop track.

Teen, 14 years old Written byLivthelion April 17, 2014

BAD

This song is terrible and has a bad message for young girls.

Kid, 11 years old July 23, 2020

Great workout song

This is great for dancing, but the lyrics are cheesy. I'd skip it.

Teen, 16 years old Written bysamantha19 June 15, 2018
Selena's vocals here are monotone and bordering on soulless, but for some reason, I really don't mind this.
Written byAnonymous November 28, 2016

What?!

Missing Rihanna?! Needs more energy?! Innuendo??? Nooooooo. This song may be about a girl telling her crush to "come and get her", but it does NOT have any references to sex at ALL! It means to start a relationship, not have sex.
Kid, 10 years old July 1, 2016
Kid, 11 years old May 10, 2014

admirable star sends sexist message

i've always loved selena, but not this song. basically what it's saying "i'll just be waiting for you, you can come around whenever you want, and i'll just be sitting here". i think we should be teaching people to take charge and not let people control our lives. not what this song says.
Kid, 11 years old January 9, 2014

Upbeat....but disappointing

Eww! I dislike this song, very disappointing, suggestive lyrics and I hate the way she has taken Bollywood and made it sound lame and weak. She needs vocal coaching and needs to learn how to sing WITHOUT AUTO-TUNE. In my opinion this is very weak, her other songs are slightly better. Apart from that, it's reasonably catchy and has a pretty upbeat tune.

Kid, 11 years old December 1, 2013

Not for 9 and under

I have heard the song and I like it but if you are a kid under 9 and don't understand things that have to do with sex then I don't think this is the right song for you. But overall the beat is nice and it's good song.

Kid, 9 years old August 3, 2013

Come and get it!'

I love this song! The bindis are just fashionable! Its clean and a very good song.

Kid, 10 years old July 4, 2013

I Really Like This Song.And I Don't Know Why.

I Really Don't Know Why I Like This Song.Cause,I Usually Don't Like This Type Of Love Songs.My Style Is More Maroon 5ish,Singing Songs About Love Gone Bad Instead About Wanting To Have Love,Like This Song Is About.Maybe It's The Pop-Rock Style Of This Song,I Really Don't Know.The Song's Content Has It's Fair Share Of Suggestive Content And Sex Talk,But,Many Kids Hear This Everyday On Radio Disney.The Song Is About A Girl Who Wants To Date A Guy Or....I Think You May Know The Rest,Which Is Having Sex.But Honestly,I Don't Know What The Song Is About.I Like It Because Of The Pop Rock Beat.It's A Pretty Decent Song.

Teen, 14 years old Written by8rebel24 June 9, 2013

Try something less inappropriate!

I used to love Selena. She was so innocent. Now, she comes out with this! The lyrics and video are so racy! The only thing good about this is the Indian theme. The Indian-inspired beat is very catchy and clever. However, I would have liked that theme better with less racy lyrics and video. If you ask me, Justin Bieber is a bad influence on her. She used to be so innocent...

Kid, 10 years old June 4, 2013

Disappointing house track from 'Spring Breakers' star is tainted with sex

"Come & Get It" is a House single by Selena Gomez. The song only has a major issue as far as sexual content. The song is about luring a man to have sex with a woman. The hook has one questionable line, "When you're ready come and get it!" I recommend the single to anyone older than 14.

Teen, 14 years old Written bybeachgirl15 June 2, 2013

Really catchy song, a little suggestive

Well, basically I'm a really huge fan of Selena and I really love her music, but when I heard Come and Get It, I was really surprised (in a good way). And I say that because it's totally different from her previous music that she's made a few years ago. And I think that this song is so catchy, especially when she sings "Na, na, na." And I'll admit that her lyrics and video are slightly suggestive, but it's nothing explicit or anything terrible. I'm not gonna let a ten year old watch it, though. But like I said, it's nothing overly sexual or no cussing, just slightly suggestive than her other videos and lyrics. But I give this song a five star because it's really awesome and it's okay for ten and up.
Teen, 15 years old Written bybscgirl May 31, 2013

Come & Get It

yes it is kind of dirty and sexy but kids dont even know what it means so its fine plus it has a fun beat

Kid, 12 years old May 22, 2013

Nice beat cute song.

Very cutsey song, If it comes up on my ipods pandora I'll listen to it but not a hit, The beat is nice it's barley suggestive (okay well kind of) and in the music video she wears a skimpy outfit in a scene but thats it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byPiperMaclain711 May 7, 2013

Not her best.

This song was a big disappointment. There's no doubt it's suggestive in content, and I wasn't impressed with the music video either. Selena has a really cool voice, so there was honestly no need for her to go this route. This song could've been just as easily sung by any other pop star, and didn't show case her voice at all. As for the catchy-ness of this song, all it really made me want to do was follow her example and copy the moves she does in the video.
Teen, 17 years old Written byRosebud95 April 26, 2013

It's fine

It's kind of catchy, but her singing is still just average...but I like that there's a dance to this :))))

Teen, 16 years old Written byrebma97 April 24, 2013

Poppy tune from Selena

It's okay, kinda catchy. There's obvious innuendo-"When you're ready come and get it" plays throughout the chorus-but I highly doubt kids will know what it means (as it is very subtle). Still, I can see how parents would not want their kids listening to this song.