All member reviews for "Counting Stars" (CD Single)

Clean, folky track urges listeners to skip material things.

Kid, 11 years old November 9, 2013

Catchy, but sort of long.

I think this is a catchy song, but it is kind of long. When listening to it on my iPad, I thought, "This song is so long!" I think the message is good, because it teaches kids to put nature first.
Kid, 10 years old November 29, 2013

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This song is awesome! I think this song would be good for 7 and 8 year olds but they might not get it. But 9 and up will probaly get it. Plus it is clean, catchy, and awesome!
Teen, 13 years old Written byBlake_Slaughter January 10, 2014

Very catchy song by OneRepublic

Fun, catchy, and clean song. The only thing I don't like about it is that it's overplayed on the radio, other than that, it's a great song.
Teen, 16 years old Written byrebma97 November 1, 2013

Catchy Single

It took time to grow on me, but now I really like "Counting Stars". It's so catchy. There's nothing inappropriate in this as far as I know.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymunoru December 21, 2013

Good

It is non-materialistic, which makes a refreshing change from rap's materialism.
Teen, 15 years old Written bybscgirl October 12, 2013

Counting Stars

this song is fine please dont worry
Kid, 12 years old November 25, 2015

Clean Song About Making The World A Better Place.

This song is clean, catchy, and has a great message. There is no iffy language, sexual references or violent references, other than a debatable "Everything that kills me makes me feel alive", which some might believe it references suicide. The song's message is to forget about the things in life that don't matter, and focus on the things that do matter.
Kid, 11 years old July 11, 2015

Counting Stars

I like the song. It's also quite catchy too. The song has positive messages and positive role models as well. I would suggest this song for 10 and up or maybe even 9 and up.
Teen, 17 years old Written byWRESTLINGFOREVER103 March 17, 2015

This song is awesome

Counting Stars by One Rupublic will be my first ever Common Sense Media review, Counting Stars is a cool tune to listen to even though I prefer late 90s and early 20s music One Rupublic are a boy band I like because they are better than a stupid band like One Direction because One Republic have done good songs that people like, One Direction suck because they are for girls, I will give One Rupublic and their song Counting Stars 100/100 because I am doing scores for my reviews, 10, 20, 30 and 40 are Bad, 50 and 60 are ok, 70, 80, 90 and 100 are good, I love this tune.
Teen, 13 years old Written byHightech Redneck April 22, 2014

Catchy song with terrible message

This is not a good song for kids because this song is clearly about suicide, some examples below. "In my face is flashing signs." "Everything that kills me makes me feel alive." "Everything that drowns me makes me wanna fly." And more examples in the song. The video is more offensive than the song by showing a pastor stealing money. This song is very catchy and gets stuck in my head but is also a message that isn't good for anybody.