All member reviews for David Cook

Idol winner delivers with powerful, family-safe CD.

Adult Written bywordnerd1121 March 27, 2012

Wonderful and beautiful!

David Cook is amazing. I love the beauty of the lyrics. It has raw emotion, but it's certainly acceptable for young kids. This album is so refreshing compared to so many others in the music business. The song "Heroes" has such a nice positive and inspirational meaning to it. The songs "Mr. Sensitive" and "Life on The Moon" speak to people who may be on the shy side or bullied. "Bar-ba-sol", is a great harder rock song and it's fun. It actually has a nice message in it, too. Your actions have consequences that you have to face. "Permanent" is such an amazing and beautiful song with so much love and emotion
Teen, 13 years old Written byilovegir23 March 22, 2010

AWESOME!!

David Cook is my all time favorite singer!
Kid, 10 years old September 24, 2009

Great!

David Cook is a great, legit rockstar. His songs are written beautifully and most of them have positive or bright messages. This is ON for kids!
Teen, 13 years old Written byHilly September 22, 2009

Good Music, But...

I think he was a tiny bit better on Idol.
Kid, 8 years old September 14, 2009

PERFECT FOR ALL AGES

LOV IT DAVID IS THE BEST SINGER AND SONG WRITER
Kid, 10 years old September 6, 2009

Wonderful!

I really enjoy David Cook's CDs. I rooted for him on American Idol, and I still love his music now!!!!! He is a good role model for tweens in the way that he does his own thing and is a real person without the big ego our stars today have. His music is deep and his music is rockin'. The perfect combo!
Teen, 14 years old Written byKaty0 August 31, 2009

Pretty Good 3 and 1/2 stars

Not too different from most of the "American Idols", but he does have a good voice.
Kid, 11 years old August 6, 2009

David Cook is awesome.
Parent of a 13 and 15 year old Written byswtpeaami July 25, 2009

David Cook is an amazing singer and song writer, I love his voice and how he sings from his soul. He is a role model to young boys. Everyone in this house loves his music and songs!
Teen, 15 years old Written bySquirmbob July 20, 2009

A role model, and not to mention freaking amazing.

David is one of the best American Idols (if not the best), and all of his songs make me sing along. David is an alcoholic, but he does a great job never letting the kiddies know that, and his life is an inspirational story that should be told. However, when you go to a concert, he feels totally comfortable throwing out four letter words like tennis balls.
Kid, 11 years old May 26, 2009

INSANELY AWESOME

I ??LOVE?? David Cook and all of his songs. He is a role model and should be appreciated by everything and everyone.
Kid, 10 years old May 21, 2009

I think my brain exploded!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Parent of a 4, 11, and 13 year old Written bylatinalovesrock December 8, 2008

We finally rock together as a family!

I usually agree with my tween daughters taste in music (Disney, JBrothers, Miley, etc.) but now we all seem to sing along and rock hard thanks to David Cook. Even my 4 yr-old toddler loves David Cook and tries to sing all his songs. We speak Spanish at home but all the music we love and listen to are in English. My girls (13 and 11) say they are even learning the meaning of new words and are starting to appreciate the poetry of David Cook's lyrics. This record is non-stop fun, and believe it or not, my kids' favorites are very opposite songs: Bar-ba-sol and Permanent. Thanks, David Cook. We are all fans for life!
Adult Written byfollia December 4, 2008

My grandsons and I have had some wonderful David Cook discussions

I love David Cook's music on many levels. One thing that sets him apart from many musicians today is the emotional intelligence of his lyrics. The themes he writes/sings about are deep and universal. They provide a wonderful starting place to talk to even pretty young children about relationships, determination, loss, devotion, honor, self discovery.
Adult Written byChristianmom2 December 4, 2008

Gets Better and Better

This is a great album, and very kid-friendly. Several songs sound great on first listen, and several others grow on you. The album includes tracks ranging from the tear-inducing Permanent, to the riff-rocker Bar-ba-sol, to the lovely Lies. Declaration, which he performed on SNL with his unnamed band, is a wonderful up-tempo song. David co-wrote 12 of the songs, and his band includes 2 men he has known and performed with for 6 years. It is very hard to pick favorites. Try to get the physical version, which includes the hidden track Kiss on the Neck, at the 12:00 mark on the Daily Anthem track after about 8 minutes of silence. It is very much a rock song.