All parent member reviews for David Cook

Adult Written bywordnerd1121 March 27, 2012

Wonderful and beautiful!

David Cook is amazing. I love the beauty of the lyrics. It has raw emotion, but it's certainly acceptable for young kids. This album is so refreshing compared to so many others in the music business. The song "Heroes" has such a nice positive and inspirational meaning to it. The songs "Mr. Sensitive" and "Life on The Moon" speak to people who may be on the shy side or bullied. "Bar-ba-sol", is a great harder rock song and it's fun. It actually has a nice message in it, too. Your actions have consequences that you have to face. "Permanent" is such an amazing and beautiful song with so much love and emotion
Parent of a 13 and 15 year old Written byswtpeaami July 25, 2009

David Cook is an amazing singer and song writer, I love his voice and how he sings from his soul. He is a role model to young boys. Everyone in this house loves his music and songs!
Parent of a 4, 11, and 13 year old Written bylatinalovesrock December 8, 2008

We finally rock together as a family!

I usually agree with my tween daughters taste in music (Disney, JBrothers, Miley, etc.) but now we all seem to sing along and rock hard thanks to David Cook. Even my 4 yr-old toddler loves David Cook and tries to sing all his songs. We speak Spanish at home but all the music we love and listen to are in English. My girls (13 and 11) say they are even learning the meaning of new words and are starting to appreciate the poetry of David Cook's lyrics. This record is non-stop fun, and believe it or not, my kids' favorites are very opposite songs: Bar-ba-sol and Permanent. Thanks, David Cook. We are all fans for life!
Adult Written byfollia December 4, 2008

My grandsons and I have had some wonderful David Cook discussions

I love David Cook's music on many levels. One thing that sets him apart from many musicians today is the emotional intelligence of his lyrics. The themes he writes/sings about are deep and universal. They provide a wonderful starting place to talk to even pretty young children about relationships, determination, loss, devotion, honor, self discovery.
Adult Written byChristianmom2 December 4, 2008

Gets Better and Better

This is a great album, and very kid-friendly. Several songs sound great on first listen, and several others grow on you. The album includes tracks ranging from the tear-inducing Permanent, to the riff-rocker Bar-ba-sol, to the lovely Lies. Declaration, which he performed on SNL with his unnamed band, is a wonderful up-tempo song. David co-wrote 12 of the songs, and his band includes 2 men he has known and performed with for 6 years. It is very hard to pick favorites. Try to get the physical version, which includes the hidden track Kiss on the Neck, at the 12:00 mark on the Daily Anthem track after about 8 minutes of silence. It is very much a rock song.