All member reviews for "Dear John" (CD Single)

Swift has harsh words for an ex; OK for older tweens and up.

Kid, 12 years old April 20, 2011

Great!

I love Taylor! Amazing singer & amazing song. I love how all these songs are about what she feels and real-life situations. Some lyrics are harsh, but it's an amazing song overall.
Kid, 12 years old April 1, 2012

I love this song!! She has an amazing voice.

Teen, 13 years old Written bymathgirlie November 3, 2010

Beautiful.

Even though this song is a lengthy 6:30 or so minutes, the time passes by quickly, because the song just seems to fit at this length. A wonderful song for everyone.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJustagirl May 12, 2011
This is one of my favorite songs. It expresses the pain of being played by the guy you loved and trusted and overcoming and rising above it. It has no foul language or sexual references unlike other songs these days. I feel it's appropriate for all ages. It's gives the message that you should be careful in your relationships and if the other is hurting you it ok to end it. It also says that you can get up again and "shine like fireworks" when someone has hurt you. I do not agree with common sense in saying it's for older kids. What more to you want, Taylor and her songs are clean, beautiful, and you can relate to them. They give you advice for problems in your life and let you know that life is not always fairytales although it's fun to live like that.
Kid, 9 years old April 24, 2011

APPROPIATE FOR ALL AGES! :)

Great song, I recommend you hear it.
Kid, 10 years old October 20, 2011

Ms. Swift rocks

A great song! I can relate (but it's with a friend i dumped who treated me like dirt!) However it has language that i get in trouble with at school (more like bitter words) but Dear John is still sutiable for my age. Thanks for making a song that I can relate to! Ms. Swift rocks!
Kid, 10 years old July 25, 2011

Good song for tweens and up

A little slow at first but good song
Kid, 12 years old June 11, 2011

Great story, great song, luv the movie!

I love this song and the movie "Dear John". It's sweet, a wonderful piece by Taylor Swift, she's a real artist. I would've rated it "6 and up" but it promotes the movie, which is 10 and up to me, just sayin. -out
Kid, 10 years old May 8, 2011

WooHoo!

Love this song!
Kid, 10 years old April 12, 2011
I love Swift!!!!!! I think the song is kinda long though. Some of the lyrics are kinda harsh we don't know John Mayors side of the story maybe he thinks shes a brat and wants everyone to treated her like a princess and think shes always right, idk. I DO NOT AGREE WITH COMMON SENSE ITS FINE FOR 8 AND UP!!!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byrebma97 April 9, 2011

Nice but long song

I really like this song musically. It's a bit too long (it's about 7 minutes) but it's still nice (and great to listen to when you're sleeping). It's clean, but the lyrics are mature. They're only talking about one side of the relationship, and the words can be bitter, like "Maybe it's you and your sick need to give love and take it away." and "I'm shining like fireworks over your sad empty town). It can also be seen as steering bad relationship though, so I say the message isn't negative but not very positive.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMegan96 February 5, 2011
Taylor Swift is a good role model for a lot of kids, I don't understand why this song is 'only appropriate' for kids over the age of twelve. This song is great, it may not be a perfect example of how to handle a relationship, but Taylor wrote the song to tell her story and maybe keep other people from making the same mistakes.
Teen, 13 years old Written byleftbehindcrazed8 December 19, 2010

:D :D

She's done it again! TS has blown us all away with her great lyrics, music, and messages. I DO NOT agree with Common Sense Parent at all, but I never do.Don't listen to them, this is a great, clean song
Teen, 16 years old Written byMacey08 November 18, 2010

Ok.

Not one of my favourites, but there are no issues with it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byrevolting slob November 14, 2010
it is pretty good
Teen, 14 years old Written bystripesanddots November 6, 2010
Another great song from Taylor Swift. Dear John is really great.
Kid, 11 years old October 30, 2010

Good song

This song was pretty (though really long) .