Kid reviews for Decemberunderground

Teenage angst set to a rock beat.

Teen, 16 years old Written bycaptianspiffy June 19, 2012

error 404

The band is Straight edge, witch means there against the use of drugs or alcohol.

Teen, 14 years old Written bye.autumn January 8, 2010
I really love AFI's variety in sounds. Yeah, they use a lot of dark imagery, and "suicide" is a frequent word, but it's not like they're encouraging listeners to kill themselves. They are VERY poetic, and straight-edge--I have no idea what drug references YOU'RE talking about, and I've listened to this album countless times. Loverly. My favorite song is "On the Arrow," but the most accessible would be "Miss Murder." If you like a broad range of alternative music, you should try this out. P.S. @Dawgas: Who are you to say your child has no taste in music? Even if I had a kid and s/he wanted to listen to brainless music with terrible (and terribly boring) lyrics, I'd still let him/her listen. Aren't parents supposed to help their children blossom, not stifle their interests?
Teen, 13 years old Written byJacob R. December 17, 2009

Good but dark band is OK for tweens and teens.

Good band. Only bad thing is some violent and suicidal lyrics. OFF for age 8 and under, IFFY for age 9, and ON for ages 10 and up.

Teen, 13 years old Written byyay4anime October 28, 2009
AFI is one of my favorite bands, and this is an excellent CD. Although this is a great album, some songs can be depressing, and the messages aren't the brightest I've ever seen.
Teen, 14 years old Written bybleedblaqk May 30, 2009

There is poetry in despair

AFI are like Napoleon Dynamite. Either you hate them to death or you love them to death. I happen to practice the latter because their music is so poetic and just, dare I say, beautiful. Give this CD a few listens to and it'll grow on you quick. Decemberunderground does not have the bonus track, On the Arrow (full of acoustic beauty), but you can get it on iTunes. It's well worth the price of the whole album. This album is not filled with teenage angst. It's filled with emotion. If you research the background behind Decemberunderground, you'll find that it paints a picture of love, sorrow, and suicide. AFI are excellent, positive role models: because of them, I am now vegetarian. Because of them, I promise to never drink or do drugs. Their music may sound "emo" or depressing, but they are probably THE most positive people you will ever meet. I gave Decemberunderground a 13+ rating because I feel that you have to be more mature to appreciate it fully.
Teen, 14 years old Written bybonesxprt13 May 3, 2009
Teen, 16 years old Written bymountpoisen1234 April 9, 2008

amazing.

I would just like to say that AFI is my favorite band. Yes some things they write are a little depressing but you have to understand that some teens do have some of these problems. AFI personally saved my life and they really get inside your soul.

hate it

dawgas youre right this is total crap!!
Teen, 17 years old Written bylyk totally April 9, 2008
Teen, 16 years old Written bymoviemogul 2.0;... April 9, 2008

Not *quite* as good as all of Green Day's CDs or Lostprophets, etc.

...But still highly excellent. If you like punk or punk-pop, then I highly reccommend this CD.
Teen, 16 years old Written bymoviemogul April 9, 2008

I don't usually do this, but I must object to the reviewer below

A) this CD is not junk, it is masterful and quite excellent, and B) if you don't want to take my opinion into mind, then let statistics tell you: Decemberunderground is AFI's seventh album, and continues their musical excellence.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAlternative4ever April 9, 2008

REAL GOOD!!

I've listened to this CD and honestly it's VERY good. I mean,this isn't a piece of crap quoting some people. I think if you guys like this you should listen to AFI's previous CD,"Sing the Sorrow". It's almost like DECEMBERUNDERGROUND but DECEMBERUNDERGROUND is much,much better!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written bypunkalt23 April 9, 2008

this stuff rox!

if u liked this you should check out their even better album sing the sorrow
Teen, 14 years old Written bymatt_m April 9, 2008
Teen, 14 years old Written byVorlnax April 9, 2008

People!

These guys are an emo band. You're not supposed to think they're happy, nice, whatever. This is a good CD, with great songs, especially Miss Murder.
Teen, 13 years old Written byXwhatswrongwithemosX April 9, 2008

Hey, this is good.

A little violent in a few songs. Kinda relaxing, really. No swearing, nothin'.
Teen, 14 years old Written byskater_gurl April 9, 2008

Truly amazing!

I love AFI's new CD, Decemberunderground. Their lyrics are wonderful, and they sound even better! Even though their lyrics are dark, they're still a great band, because they express their true feelings, and some teens can relate to what they're saying. I think everyone who enjoys screamo music should give this CD a try. I almost cried when I went to Warped Tour and they were cancelled from the tour!
Teen, 13 years old Written bypocky April 9, 2008

Love this CD

I love this CD alot. I got it for my 12th birthday. I especially like "Love Like Winter" and "Miss Murder".

An awesome CD...

it is an amazing CD with awesome music and perhaps more important for parents, no curses. My opinion is GP OUT AND BUY IT!!