All teen and kid member reviews for "Diamonds" (CD Single)

Kid, 12 years old December 15, 2012

Stunning song

Great song, but inappropriate cover.
Kid, 11 years old February 12, 2013

One of the best Rihanna songs yet, some drug references

I think that this is one of the best songs that Rihanna has ever made. She uses great vocals. There are also some references to drugs, as said in the original review. I think this song is fine for most tweens, but not for kids that are too young, like younger than 9 years old.
Kid, 11 years old January 31, 2013

ehh

Better than her other songs, but that's not saying much...
Teen, 13 years old Written byStephatnam January 12, 2013

Extremely vague drug reference, amazing sounding song

Yes, I know that there are references to drugs for "Moonshine and Molly", but I would have never known about that without reading about it here. Therefore, that reference will not be noticed by most teens/children. Even if that ONE PHRASE has drugs, different people will perceive the message of being happy differently. For people that don't understand the drug reference, Diamonds will influence people to be happier without drugs if you don't understand it. If you do understand it, you probably know that drugs don't mean happiness in the end. I think Diamonds sounds awesome, and I think Rihanna did a great job! :) -Steph
Teen, 14 years old Written byTripFoot December 17, 2012

Rihanna, what have you done!?!

As I was reading the last 50 pages of The Scorpio Races, this song came up on the radio. I was ignoring the radio beforer this song, but this song went so beautifully with what I was reading... it was just gorgeous. (The Scorpio Races is a gorgeous book by Maggie Steifvater, it is simply a beautiful book. I engourage you to check it out on Common Sense Media, even if you are an adult. The scenes of the last 100 pages are brilliant.) I was totally like, OMG, Rihanna finally has a great song that is powerful and gorgeous and clean and positive! (Because while We Found Love was clean, it was annoying and repetitive and not powerful. At all.) In this song, Rihanna's vocals are, like CSM said, raw and vulnerable. She seems like someone who is experiencing something so beautiful and amazing that it brings tears to their eyes, something that is gorgeous on many levels, something real, with real flaws, that don't mar the beauty but add to it... This reminded me of TSR and other things I had read recently, and it was all so beautiful that I came here to give Rihanna 5 stars... and... CSM says that it has references to drugs. WHAT THE FU...!?! I read some more of the review "...the lyrics say "Palms rise to the universe as we moonshine and molly, feel the warmth, we'll never die." "Moonshine" is a reference to drinking and "molly" refers to the drug Ecstasy -- known for its ability to produce a feeling of love, invincibility, and happiness. So, when Rihanna declares, "I choose to be happy" at the onset of "Diamonds," we want to believe her and cheer her on in her quest. But, when that happiness is just coming in a pill or bottle, suddenly the inspiration is lost." WHAT HAVE YOU DONE, RIHANNA!?! Why, oh WHY have you made such a beautiful song, with powerful vocals (which aren't annoying like they usually are) only to RUIN IT BY MAKING THE HAPPINESS FROM DRUGS!?! F* you Rihanna, you ruined my book! I am sadly taking away one star. :(
Teen, 14 years old Written byNLRicci December 3, 2012

Cd cover is more mature than the song.

Not super mature, but there are a couple of drug references, "as we moonshine and molly"; " Vision of ecstasy." However, I didn't even get the reference when I first heard it, so young kids probably won't. The cd cover is an issue though. Also, although this song lacks overt sexual references, Rihanna's overly-sexual image and several explicit songs makes her a poor role model. 11+, and that's being kind of nice.