All member reviews for "Die Young" (CD Single)

Ke$ha keeps the party going in edgy electro-pop tune.

Kid, 12 years old April 5, 2015

An edgy Ke$ha song about partying

Kid, 11 years old February 2, 2014

It's okay I guess

What I don't get is why ALL of Ke$ha's music is exactly the same! The same bad messages and role models ("Let's make the most of the night, like we're gonna die young" is the reprise of the song). No substance to it. Some s£x, as well as drinking (but for goodness sake, this isn't going to influence kids to get drunk!!), no language though.
Written byAnonymous May 31, 2013

Great beat

Ok this song got some very bad press after the shootings but just why? Ke$ha didn't say I'm going to do this song to get shootings to happen and it was probably because he was crazy. This song has an awesome hardcore bass and is a definite party song.
Kid, 11 years old May 29, 2013

The Idiot is Back.....

More pop rubbish; well, it's Ke$ha, so that's what we have to expect. She said she was going to bring back rock 'n roll? Ha! That's laughable. Really? She calls THIS rock 'n roll. That's almost an INSULT to me. Of course, this song is just about "living in the moment" "living while we're young" just that ignorant "YOLO" message again. And of course, she still obsesses over getting drunk and boys...well, PARTS of boys. In my opinion, this song is cringe worthy. Terrible.
Parent Written byasjklas March 5, 2013

Catchy, but also forgettable. For teens and young adults.

It's relatively decent in comparison with Ke$ha's discography, but it has some not so subtle sexual innuendo ("That magic in your pants, it's making me blush") and, of course, some rebellious behavior referenced in the lyrics. Musically, it's catchy, however, it's not the smartest choice for a lead single and is forgettable in the long run. It decides to play it safe and keep Ke$ha in her comfort zone, and could easily be mistaken for a B-side to one of her previous releases, aside from its more pop-rock influenced, sing-along chorus.
Written byAnonymous February 24, 2013

13+ Song.

A Good PG-13 Song to listen to.
Kid, 11 years old November 26, 2012

Die Young??? No Thanks!!!

Positive Message: The overall message of this song is live each day like its your last. Its a good message in my book. Sex/Sexy Stuff: She talks about being undressed maybe twice, even though my 7 year old sister hasn't noticed once. This song is definately not made for kids but it still is okay for mature 9 year olds and up. Drinking: In this song Ke$ha says," Takin shots". Little kids won't know what that means so its practically harmless.
Teen, 17 years old Written byRosebud95 November 16, 2012

Sort of catchy...

It's just okay. It has some slight innuendo...it's sort of has the catchier sound like 'Tik Tok' and the other tunes on Animal.
Teen, 17 years old Written byabbacus November 2, 2012

Good, but could be better.

Better than most Ke$ah songs. 3 and a half out of 5 stars for me.
Teen, 14 years old Written bybscgirl October 25, 2012

die young

i am crazy about this song
Adult Written byJWilliams303 October 14, 2012

Pretty good, but not what I expected

I love Ke$ha and her music but I can see how some say how it sounds like some of her other songs. Don't get me wrong, I like this song, but I was hoping for something more. It has a catchy beat but I'm afraid that it's just gonna be one of those songs that gets old after hearing it a couple times on the radio. Really hoping her new album will be really good and be just what me and kesha's other "animals" were waiting for.
Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 October 11, 2012

die young cd single

Families can talk about the content of dance-pop songs. Do you think it's necessary to have sex and drinking in music to make it worthy of radio or club play? How much is too much? When is it OK? Ke$ha certainly has a bad girl image. Do you think her partnering up with the lead singer from fun. ("We Are Young" and "Some Nights") is a ploy to make music that appeals to wider audiences? Is it working? What do you think of the song's message? It is positive? Why or why not?