All parent member reviews for "Die Young" (CD Single)

Parent Written byasjklas March 5, 2013

Catchy, but also forgettable. For teens and young adults.

It's relatively decent in comparison with Ke$ha's discography, but it has some not so subtle sexual innuendo ("That magic in your pants, it's making me blush") and, of course, some rebellious behavior referenced in the lyrics. Musically, it's catchy, however, it's not the smartest choice for a lead single and is forgettable in the long run. It decides to play it safe and keep Ke$ha in her comfort zone, and could easily be mistaken for a B-side to one of her previous releases, aside from its more pop-rock influenced, sing-along chorus.
Adult Written byJWilliams303 October 14, 2012

Pretty good, but not what I expected

I love Ke$ha and her music but I can see how some say how it sounds like some of her other songs. Don't get me wrong, I like this song, but I was hoping for something more. It has a catchy beat but I'm afraid that it's just gonna be one of those songs that gets old after hearing it a couple times on the radio. Really hoping her new album will be really good and be just what me and kesha's other "animals" were waiting for.
Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 October 11, 2012

die young cd single

Families can talk about the content of dance-pop songs. Do you think it's necessary to have sex and drinking in music to make it worthy of radio or club play? How much is too much? When is it OK? Ke$ha certainly has a bad girl image. Do you think her partnering up with the lead singer from fun. ("We Are Young" and "Some Nights") is a ploy to make music that appeals to wider audiences? Is it working? What do you think of the song's message? It is positive? Why or why not?