Kid reviews for Dignity

Grown-up Duff delivers self-absorbed dance music.

Based on 1 review

Teen, 15 years old Written byiloveharrypotter7 April 9, 2008

Surprised

I was really surprised i'm not much of a Hilary Duff fan but this CD is most definietly her best. It's great to dance to and just to sing along. It shows her new more mature side. Not what I was expecting.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBethStump April 9, 2008

More edgy than previous albums...but still nice

A lot more edgy than the previous albums (Hilary Duff, Metamorphosis, Most Wanted, etc.) but still good messages for kids.
Teen, 15 years old Written bymadisonpettis April 9, 2008
Kid, 12 years old November 15, 2010

Hilary Duff is perfect for everyone 8 and up!

I own this album and I've wrote down all the lyrics for some reason, (i was bored) and so I looked over it and there was nothing wrong with it. I didn't want to have an issue with listening to songs that I thought had some inappropriate stuff. I sold all my Kesha CD's (not my mom's choice, i did). I love love love love love love to hear Hilary. Her music is so original! luvv itt.

Teen, 13 years old Written bySpring29 March 16, 2009

Some good messages, fun beats

The beats are so much fun! And some of the lyrics are good messages. "Dignity" tells people not to pretend to be someone they're not. "With Love" promotes communication in relationships. "Between You and Me" says that it's okay to refuse people you don't want to date, and "Happy" says not to let a rotten ex get you down. A fun album for 11 and up!
Teen, 13 years old Written bysara4ever95 February 16, 2009
Teen, 15 years old Written byShelbyBubbles April 9, 2008

Better than I thought it would be

Hilary Duff's past two CD's have been a guilty pleasure for me - an embarassment to have in my CD collection but fun, nonetheless. This CD is far from an embarassment. Much more grown up, sophisticated, sarcastic and self-assured, Hilary rasps/sings in clean, but half-grown-up, tracks.
Teen, 17 years old Written bynerrawllehctim April 9, 2008

Hilary has grown up.

I like this CD alot. I was very surprised, because Hilary actually slips the D word. (d--n) The songs are really nice, and my favorites are Gypsy Woman and Outside of You. The sound of all of them are unique, but they all sound the same. (Same beat) These songs are very catchy. The upbeat tempo is really nice dance music. I love it!
Teen, 13 years old Written byhonest13 April 9, 2008

Amazing

This CD was awesome. I think this one is the best one she has every made. The songs have strong positive messages behind them. None of the songs didn't have a point to it. When you're listening to it you can tell there's a story behind every song. Even the music is awesome! It has such a good pop/rock beat to it. This is a wonderfully good albulm and you won't regret buying it.

i miss the pop/rock hilary!

this album is all dance music. all the songs literally sound the same!!! its kinda boring actually. BRING BACK THE POP/ROCK HIL!!! 10+
Teen, 13 years old Written byCinematic Blues April 9, 2008

I'm very impressed......

We all know Hilary Duff right? The blonde girl-next-door cutie turned glamorous sexy superstar? Well, her music has turned from cheesy bubblegum pop, to sophisticated dance music. I bought this CD because I am a big fan of hers, and instead of some up-beat pre teen music, I hear the gypsy like dance music of Stranger, or club music like With Love. She wrote all the lyrics for the songs too! Hilary Duff has finally come out of her bubblegum past and has shone us the true Hilary she really is! 5 out of 5 stars!
Teen, 14 years old Written byashleytisdale April 9, 2008
Teen, 13 years old Written byswallowtear April 9, 2008

wow.

A-lot of her previous songs have been about the ups and downs of love, and though this album still shows some signs of that, hilary has taken a new turn on her music. Her album is one of the few that I never got tired of, I listend to it over and over again. However, in her new turn, a-lot of songs on this album weren't that great in my opinion. If hilary would just stick to those like play with fire than I would of given her a five! I hope her next album follows her pattern and improves so I love it even more.
Teen, 13 years old Written bydisneygirl April 9, 2008

Great upbeat dance pop!

Every song on this cd is tons of fun! If I had to narrow down my favorits, they are play with fire, stranger, and dreamer, plus all the rest! Most of the songs are about taking a stand for yourself (female empowerment) for love and about not getting with the wrong guy. Just mainly about balancing love and life. Great job Hilary!
Teen, 13 years old Written byharleynakoa April 9, 2008

OMG!

This is a great album, but ther is bad language! Commonsense.com did not catch that hilary duff does say Dam* in one of her songs! Sorry commonsense.com but if your going to review music then you need to catch all the bad language!

Transforms From Disney Star To A Lovely Young Woman

I'm not a screaming Hilary Duff fan. I WILL admit I loved Lizzie McGuire. Lizzie was somebody that girls around the globe could look up to. She was pretty, smart, confident, and encouraging. Her first album sort of broke away from her whole-some Disney "good-girl" image, but it really wasn't that bad. When there was sexual talk, Duff usually made it clear that it was NOT okay with her. Now several years later (and several shades darker hair) she has transformed into a beautiful young woman. Sure, she's not a goody two-shoe that was thought she would always be, but Hilary has stayed strong through it and at very few times given into fame. I'm proud to say Hilary has made a good album. Yes, she's not an outstanding singer. True, she still sounds as if she's 13. I've enjoyed watching Hilary and her music grow.
Kid, 12 years old October 19, 2018

Hilary At Her Best! "With Love" Is My Favourite!