All parent member reviews for Dragonfly Races

Parent of a 1 and 6 year old Written byjandrewworld June 20, 2010

Ellis Paul is a national treasure as a song writer and musician. Easily one of America's greatest living song writers and has a wonderful voice. He makes a children's album with the same gravitas that he would approach one of his regular albums with and makes sure that he does not sing down to the children which is a turn off for children and adults. He sings from the heart about imagination, playing and cattures the carefree sensation of being a child on a summer's day. This is a great CD to add to your collection.
Adult Written bylionesrk April 9, 2008

This music should be heard by all!

This is such a thoughtfully recorded CD. Ellis' voice is gorgeous. I feel as the this album is great for the whole family, there are catchy whimsical fun tunes for the younger set such as Road Trip, The Bed Song, and I Like to Swing...Abiola and The Dragonfly Races are beautiful fairy tales set to music. Ellis throws in a song meant for adults and expresses parents feelings about the world our children are coming into. This is a stunning CD to listen to with your children and both of you can enjoy. I haven't stopped listening to it since I received it last month.