All member reviews for Eagles: Their Greatest Hits 1971-1975

Album of country-rock classics is still a bestseller.

Teen, 17 years old Written bymoviewannabe May 26, 2013

The Eagles are fine; never knew they were a mix of country music and rock and roll music.

The only Eagles songs I know are "Hotel California", "Get Over It", "Life in the Fast Lane", "One Of These Nights", "Take It Easy", ""Heartache Tonight", Tequila Sunrise" and "The Long Run". I had thoughts on getting some more songs from this album, even though "Take It Easy", "One Of These Nights" and "Tequila Sunrise" are the ONLY Eagles songs on this album I have, they're not bad. My question is on the song "One Of These Nights", it's considered a country song, but it doesn't country-ish. It sounds like a mix of rock and disco. I first listened when I eight and I was amazed. This music group and album should be directed towards those who love a mix of two music genres at the same time.
Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 October 4, 2012

eagles their greatest hits 1971 1975

Families can talk about why this album appeals to several generations of audiences -- the music? The stories? Have you heard versions of these songs by other artists? What do you think? The Eagles borrowed from country to create their sound. Can you think of some contemporary country artists who have borrowed from rock for theirs?