Kid reviews for Elephunk

Some profanity and sex, but substance as well.

Teen, 13 years old Written byBig Fan April 15, 2018

Great album, but the age-appropriateness is mixed

I have now listened to the full album. Most of the songs are decently clean, but some are pretty graphic. But it's much less mature than other hip-hop and rap albums. This is what I can tell you. Where Is The Love?: really good song with a great message. Yes, the song does include realistic violence, but the main theme is how the world could be better. Kids can learn a lot, so don’t hide it from them. Justin Timberlake fits in nicely. Hey Mama: really cool and campy song with a catchy beat. There is some sexual content (the word "h-mp" is used in the context of having sex and there is also one reference to "squeezing t-ts"). Nothing too graphic, though. Frequent use of inexplicit language (except for one use of the "N" word) includes "s--t" and "booty." I'd say this song is OK for 13 and up. Let's Get Retarded: another really cool and campy song. Just by the title, the word "retarded" is used a lot. There is also one use of "s--t." This song isn't that explicit and in my opinion, it should be OK for 13 and up. However, there is a clean version called Let's Get It Started. "Retarded" is censored and I'd say this version should be OK for 11 and up. Hands Up: another really cool and campy song. Profanity isn't that strong, but there is one explicit sexual reference. I'd say this song is best for 15 and up. Shut Up: another good song, but it's kind of serious, but pretty clean. Some mild language includes "bulls--t," "damn," "hell," and "a--." I'd say this song is OK for 11 and up. The APL Song: another really good song. There are some touching moments, though. Infrequent use of very mild language includes "God" and "hell." I'd say this song is OK for 8 and up. Anxiety: another really good song. Papa Roach fits in nicely. However, it's really serious. There is also one use of "b---h." I'd say this song is OK for 13 and up. Sexy: really cool and campy song. The main theme is sex, so there are plenty of mild sexual references, but nothing graphic. I'd say this song is OK for 13 and up. Smells Like Funk: another really cool and campy song. There is are some bathroom jokes. “Sh*t” and other words are said. It’s pretty clean, though. I’d say this song is OK for 13 and up. Labor Day (It's A Holiday): another really cool and campy song, but with a bad message about partying too much and also getting wasted. There is also one use of the "N" word. There is one explicit sexual reference. I'd say this song is best for 15 and up. The Boogie That Be: another really cool and campy song. There are some suggestive lyrics (nothing graphic). Infrequent use of mild language (except for 1 use of "f--k") includes "booty" and "hell." I'd say this song is OK for 11 and up. Latin Girls: another really cool and campy song. However, there is one explicit sexual reference. I’d say this song is best for 15 and up. Fly Away: another really good song, but pretty serious. Alcohol is mentioned, but the song is pretty clean and I’d say it’s OK for 10 and up. Third Eye: really good and educational song. There is some very mild language. I'd say this song is OK for 8 and up. Anyway, it's fun listening to those songs and I highly recommend them for Black Eyed Peas fans.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycinnagurl May 4, 2011

heard worse

i had this cd when i was 12 and i thought it was inappropiate. where is the love is a song 4 eberyone 2 listen 2. heard worse. think this is bad try lil wayne or eminem.

Kid, 9 years old April 6, 2011

Fry5

d

Teen, 13 years old Written bymanay_4511 September 11, 2010

Very inappropriate.

This album has like alot of inappropriate content somewhat.

Kid, 12 years old May 29, 2010

Great for a Breakthrough Album

Sex: "Sexy" is one of the songs titles.

Language: "Rock My S--t" is a song title on the UK Edition, and "Shut Up" is the title of another song on all editions (the title is repeated throughout). Plus, a few swears are used throughout the album, the major ones being: "d-mn", "h-ll", and "s--t". A few other racist words are used.

Messages: One song ("Where Is the Love?") is about anti-war, anti-violence, anti-terrorism, and anti-crime.

Kid, 9 years old March 26, 2010
It's fine. But their my favorite band.
Teen, 15 years old Written bynewmoonwolves January 28, 2010

Black Eyed Peas Fan :)

That is just stupid.
They are the Black Eyed Peas people.
Kid, 12 years old December 14, 2009

i used to like it but now not so much.

i used to like this alblum a lot but now i just don't. There's lots of swearing from all the songs and the song sexy inapropreat! Here are some of the lyrics of the songs: SEXY: "girl you really got me goin out of control. Just let it go and do what we do best, take off our clothes u look better undressed. Yes sex yes sex" Do u really want your younger kids listening to that?! Uhhh no!!! and one songs are obiouse they have some questionable languge on it like the songs "shut up" and "let's get retarded." So i would recomend this to older teens.

Kid, 10 years old December 4, 2009

just me

really im 10 and listen to this stuff alomst every day and my parents really dont care what i listen to because im working above grade level and i am a straight honor roll student and they trust me with almost anything ha
Teen, 13 years old Written bysara4ever95 February 16, 2009

affending

i found this c.d. trashy as well as affending. especially the "lets get retarded" lol
Teen, 14 years old Written byQueen2B87 April 9, 2008
Teen, 17 years old Written byitisme April 9, 2008

Very upbeat

If catchy, upbeat, dancable tunes are what you like, this is the album for you! After listening to this CD, I just couldn't get the beats out of my head. Worth looking at.
Teen, 13 years old Written byhithere April 9, 2008

Go Forknose!

Okay, I admit it: I've only heard one song on this CD. But Forknose is sort of right - though I love the song I've heard, what ever happened to Smashing Pumpkins? (Bullet with Butterfly Wings is cool!) And has everyone forgotten Green Day's Dookie and Kerplunk and just gone on with American Idiot (though that is great, too!) I know this review was pointless, but I just wanted to say, thanks, Forknose!
Teen, 15 years old Written byBubbles2010 April 9, 2008

Wow...

I didn't think that their first CD would be this bad. I'm not a fan, but I'm not against them either. I just think that for their first CD they shouldn't have come out so rough. Even though I don't have the CD (and don't plan to) I have looked at the lyrics to some of the more popular songs and even if they don't say anything bad, it's the meaning that counts.

One of the best albums in the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am a die hard black eyed peas fan (look at my screen name) so I loved this album. it is really good rap music and I totally recomend this. Even if you are not a black eyed peas fan if you listen to them you will get addicted. this album is off the chain.

Completley awsome