All member reviews for Eyes Open

Indie rock group offers safe, digestible sound.

Teen, 13 years old Written bymusic rockz April 9, 2008

i like!

It was GREAT I'd buy it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok I guess. It gets kind of boring.....

It's a very clean album but it gets very boring. The only songs I liked are Chasing Cars and Shut your Eyes.
Teen, 14 years old Written bythedoctor10 June 14, 2012

Snow Patrol is too good for you, CS

I am obsessed with this band, so I know that a few of the facts are wrong. For one, Snow Patrol is from Ireland and is based in Scotland. The band members are not Scottish themselves. Also, "You Could Be Happy" is the worst song possible for "kids". It's about the break-down of a relationship and the angst of a possible depression and suicide victim (you could be happy and I would never know.). Or a psychopath/sociopath. "Chasing Cars" is about people dying (If I lay here, If I just lay here, would lie with me and watch the world turn), but, yes, I will compromise and agree that it could possibly be about love. I don't think that twelve year olds would understand a lot of the meanings of the songs. And how can "You're All I Have," "Hands Open," "It's Beginning to Get To Me," and "Headlights on Dark Roads" disappoint? If you think that those songs are "disappointing" and that those songs "aren't what Snow Patrol sounds like," then you don't know the band at all. Those are perfect examples of what Snow Patrol sounds like. "Chasing Cars" is one of their most main stream songs, by the way. The others, not so much. Also, keep in mind that the album is not just indie rock, but alternative rock as well, which can have a much different sound that can be heard in "You're All I Have" and the other songs that are said to "disappoint". The album cover, by the way, is not of two naked people. It's two souls who are in love but bound to each other by barbed wire. By the way, I'm not just "some random kid". The majority of the music I listen to is either indie, indie rock, alternative, alternative, or rock. Almost no pop (except The Fray. They are freaking amazing.) Common Sense, you really need to do a better job.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTheMaine April 21, 2011

11 and up

AWSOME. I love this band. Chasing Cars is a good song
Kid, 8 years old March 11, 2010

Awesome

Some iffy stuff but you can barely hear the bad stuff.