Kid reviews for "Fancy (feat. Charli XCX)" (CD single)

Peppy electro-rap track has attitude, booze, and language.

No reviews yetAdd your rating

Teen, 13 years old Written byIsabellaLovesDance13 November 23, 2015

Contains Inapropriate Language and Lyrics

This catchy, upbeat song contains highly inappropriate and somewhat offensive lyrics that younger kids shouldn't be able to hear. I gave this song 3 stars because of these words and the video. The video for this song remakes the movie Clueless, which is not appropriate for young children either! Good song, but obviously for the teen group.

Teen, 16 years old Written byTruth_in_Ratings August 30, 2014

Where is music headed if this is what everyone's listening to?

I'll get this straight off the bat: this is one of the worst songs I have ever heard in my life. And yet most people I know say it's great. Mainstream music is at an all time low this year, and this song is probably the biggest offender in the cloud of awfulness that was this year's music. First off, the beat is terrible. It is just three notes repeated over and over for the whole song, with some added "hey" sounds ripped straight from Tyga's Rack City, which wasn't even a good song to begin with. The vocals and lyrics are beyond terrible, they lapse into unlistenable territory occasionally. The first lines are: "First things first, I'm the realest/drop this and let the whole world feel it", and it only gets worse from there, while Iggy Azalea puts on a fake Southern accent during these terrible raps, despite her being Australian. The chorus is equally terrible, and is sung by an artist who was part of one of 2013's worst songs, "I Love It": Charli XCX. "I'm so fancy/You already know" claims the chorus. No, you're not. You're just trashy. Content-wise, this song is tame compared to most rap songs (well, actually, it's hard to call this rap), with only a few uses of "f--k" and "b---h". "Retarded" is used once. There are also possible innuendos and references to getting drunk and drinking champagne. People 11 and up could probably listen to this song without negative effects, but I wouldn't recommend it for anyone, due to how completely awful the song is.

Teen, 13 years old Written byswagasaurusrex December 25, 2014

love this song and i hear it all the time

Great song. Mildly innapropriate. Some sexual and drug references and a touch of profanity. I am in 7th grade and my language arts teacher lets us listen to it in class. Good song. Good tune to listen to. Hope this helped
Kid, 11 years old August 24, 2014

INAPPROPRIATE SONG

This song contains words like bit*h and drinking. WHY IS MUSIC TURNING INTO STUFF ABOUT THIS! This is TOTALLY NOT MUSIC!

Teen, 13 years old Written byCeNedra April 27, 2021

Totally Fine

I think if you're honestly this uptight about what you kids listen to, you need to find something better to do with your time.
Kid, 10 years old April 6, 2021

*primal screaming*

Iggy Azalea... *sigh*. She has a nice voice, and I LOVE CHARLI XCX, but this song... ugh! If you want Iggy, listen to problem by Ariana Grande! It's appropriate for children and is really catchy! But Fancy has several explicit words, and talks about getting drunk.

Teen, 13 years old Written byMerveille February 16, 2021

really

common sense media exaggerates this is a good song with only a few inappropriate stuff

Teen, 13 years old Written byLukeCon August 16, 2020

Another one of those songs that promote iffy behavior

Just because the clean version is available, this doesn't mean you should share this song with your kids. The behavior promoted throughout this popular song is appallingly negative. This makes the song of no positive use/meaning; there is nothing useful to be learned from this sadly acclaimed song. The acclaim for this song has been widespread; several people have praised this song.
However, I do not find music like this to be helpful or empowering in any way. People state that this song is somewhat inspiring towards young people, but the extensive promotion of bad behavior will be of no helpful use to young kids, or teens. The messages displayed throughout the song are terrible--especially for youths; these messages include arrogance, drinking/partying, etc.
IS THIS WHAT CHILDREN SHOULD BE LISTENING TO? I don't care if it's the clean version of the song, with all the profanity censored, the messages are still not worth displaying to young people. Therefore, I give this song 1 out of 5 stars, and do not recommend it to anyone.

Kid, 12 years old January 2, 2019

Meh

I mean, yes, it swears a lot. But like, the actual song isn't as bad as some nowadays. Tons of references to drinking, yeah. There are a few sexual references but unless it was pointed out to you and you actually knew what they meant, you won't notice them. If you want to listen to it, fine. I find it okay. But it's rated explicit for a reason - just remember that.

Kid, 9 years old April 8, 2018

Well, ummm....

Very sexy and booze-y.
SWEARING:
Phrases like "You should want a bad b*tch like this"
"And my flow r*tarded"
"and we don't give a f*ck"
SEX: TONS of themes
Drinking: *BARFS* TOO MUCH TOO FRIKIN MUCH

Teen, 17 years old Written byellie_lilly April 5, 2016

Good Song

Ok so I love this song but I don't think 8 and 9 year olds should be writing reviews and listening to this song. Well anyhoo this is a pretty decent song, catchy tune, fun song. I mean, there is some language in this song but I think it's too much but there is still swearing.

Kid, 11 years old June 23, 2015

Depends

The rating depends. If u are listening to the clean version, then it is fine. I've never listened to the explicit version, and never will, but the clean version is fine.
Kid, 8 years old June 22, 2015

Awful, stupid, weird song has lots of alcohol content, and swearing.

My rating:R for language.
Teen, 13 years old Written byILikeReviewingThings March 27, 2015

Great Pop Song But For People Who Can Handle Its Lyrics

Iggy Azalea's big hit Fancy is a great song overall but with some iffy stuff. The song has some language like "bitch, retarded, hoes, and f*ck. In one particular part of the song, Iggy says "Gold trigger on the gun" which could be too violent for small kids. There can be some alcoholic stuff like "Taking all the liquor straight" and'Let's get drunk on the minibar" This song is 13+ because of all its weird lyrics. I love this song though!

Kid, 12 years old March 26, 2015

Great song but loads of iffy lyrics

The song is great but the issue is that it has a lot of strong swear words(the f word,the b word,and more).And there is a lot more alcohol filled lyrics then even swearing.So if you don't want your kids or tweens to copy what the lyrics are saying then get the clean version.

Kid, 12 years old March 13, 2015

Fancy Review

It is a very awesome song, some lyrics are bad, but most of it is good. It has some bad words and some lyrics talking about getting drunk. So should not listen till about 13

Kid, 11 years old March 7, 2015

Get the clean version

Best song ever if you have the clean version! (I have the Kidz Bop version)
Kid, 9 years old February 19, 2015

Fancy Is Iffy...

Fancy is catchy and fun, but the lyrics is quite innoprocriate at times. I don't reccomend it for kids under the age of 10. Don't let little kids get caught up in it. They'll just learn bad words. Try another song if you don't want innprocriate words. I think kids like me know what I mean.

Kid, 10 years old December 11, 2014

Yes...wait.hmm...

This is very catchy and up beat, however it does have some bad content. Luckily, there's an edited version that removes the expletives. It does have two cuss words and some minor explicit topics, but I loved that song at age 9. It really depends on your kids' level of maturity and what you allow them to listen too. Hope that helped!
Teen, 14 years old Written byThepotatoman23 November 11, 2014

Disappointing Song

Fancy by Iggy Azalea ft. Charli XCX has been number one on Billboard, though that doesn't mean it's clean. This song has a couple of bad words and non positive messages like " Trash the whole town" and "Let's get drunk on the minibar." Overall, Listen to this song before you let your child listen to it.