All member reviews for "Fancy (feat. Charli XCX)" (CD single)

Kid, 9 years old February 19, 2015

Fancy Is Iffy...

Fancy is catchy and fun, but the lyrics is quite innoprocriate at times. I don't reccomend it for kids under the age of 10. Don't let little kids get caught up in it. They'll just learn bad words. Try another song if you don't want innprocriate words. I think kids like me know what I mean.
Teen, 13 years old Written byswagasaurusrex December 25, 2014

love this song and i hear it all the time

Great song. Mildly innapropriate. Some sexual and drug references and a touch of profanity. I am in 7th grade and my language arts teacher lets us listen to it in class. Good song. Good tune to listen to. Hope this helped
Kid, 10 years old December 11, 2014

Yes...wait.hmm...

This is very catchy and up beat, however it does have some bad content. Luckily, there's an edited version that removes the expletives. It does have two cuss words and some minor explicit topics, but I loved that song at age 9. It really depends on your kids' level of maturity and what you allow them to listen too. Hope that helped!
Teen, 14 years old Written byThepotatoman23 November 11, 2014

Disappointing Song

Fancy by Iggy Azalea ft. Charli XCX has been number one on Billboard, though that doesn't mean it's clean. This song has a couple of bad words and non positive messages like " Trash the whole town" and "Let's get drunk on the minibar." Overall, Listen to this song before you let your child listen to it.
Kid, 10 years old September 20, 2014

Nice song but,inappropriate

Some things kids should not listen too great song if it wasn't for inappropriate
Teen, 13 years old Written byjohnstewart September 8, 2014

one of the worst songs ever

i cant believe our generation's music is turning into THIS! this isn't even music, this is just a bass with an annoying rapper swearing.
Teen, 16 years old Written byTruth_in_Ratings August 30, 2014

Where is music headed if this is what everyone's listening to?

I'll get this straight off the bat: this is one of the worst songs I have ever heard in my life. And yet most people I know say it's great. Mainstream music is at an all time low this year, and this song is probably the biggest offender in the cloud of awfulness that was this year's music. First off, the beat is terrible. It is just three notes repeated over and over for the whole song, with some added "hey" sounds ripped straight from Tyga's Rack City, which wasn't even a good song to begin with. The vocals and lyrics are beyond terrible, they lapse into unlistenable territory occasionally. The first lines are: "First things first, I'm the realest/drop this and let the whole world feel it", and it only gets worse from there, while Iggy Azalea puts on a fake Southern accent during these terrible raps, despite her being Australian. The chorus is equally terrible, and is sung by an artist who was part of one of 2013's worst songs, "I Love It": Charli XCX. "I'm so fancy/You already know" claims the chorus. No, you're not. You're just trashy. Content-wise, this song is tame compared to most rap songs (well, actually, it's hard to call this rap), with only a few uses of "f--k" and "b---h". "Retarded" is used once. There are also possible innuendos and references to getting drunk and drinking champagne. People 11 and up could probably listen to this song without negative effects, but I wouldn't recommend it for anyone, due to how completely awful the song is.
Kid, 11 years old August 24, 2014

INAPPROPRIATE SONG

This song contains words like bit*h and drinking. WHY IS MUSIC TURNING INTO STUFF ABOUT THIS! This is TOTALLY NOT MUSIC!
Kid, 12 years old August 11, 2014

kind of iffy

I think it could be ok for some kids that are around 12 or 13 because lets face it that is basically when they start swearing but it does have the F word , b!tch and drinking but (I could be the only on that does this) they don't pay too much attention to the lyrics.
Teen, 17 years old Written byrebma97 July 23, 2014

Smooth, But Too Much Booze

Fancy is a really, really catchy song, and Iggy is a pretty good rapper. If you're like me, this song will have you singing along - even if only in the beginning. With that all being said, I don't like the inappropriate content contained in it. Sex: Some double entendres/innuendos ("I can hold you down like I'm giving a lesson in physics", "He wishing that he could touch that," "Hands off, don't touch that", "That's just the way you like it, huh? So could he just wishing he could bite it, huh?"). Language: "B!tch" is used ("You should want a bad b-- like this!", "r*tarded" ("And my flow r*tarded"), and so is the "F" word ("We don't give a f--k"); the edited version removes these words. Drinking/drugs/smoking: References to drinking are made ("Take the liquor straight/never chase that", "Champagne's spilling/you should taste that", and "Let's get drunk in the minibar".) Even with the clean version, this song is better for teens.
Teen, 17 years old Written byRustyShackleford July 9, 2014

How does this drivel get popular?

When I saw a picture of Iggy Azalea, I thought that she would bring something to the rap game. I was unbelievably wrong. Iggy sounds like she is trying to sound like she's black, which is humorous as, in the music video, she's dressed as the whitest character in the history of cinema. Fancy contains the most generic rap beat I've heard all year. I spent the whole song waiting for the beat to do something interesting, and I was left hanging the whole time. On a positive note, her delivery is very good, but it is let down by horrible lyrics. I don't know who wrote this song, but they definitely aren't GhostFace Killah. The whole song is half-hearted bragging that, while delivered with gusto, is like every other rap song that's been popular in the past 5 years. With the popularity of Kendrick Lamar and Macklemore last year, I was hopeful for a resurgence of original, and well-written rap, but it seems the general population is okay with the same mediocre, empty-headed rhymes over boring club beats that has been popular since the debut of LIl Wayne. Everyone who made this song popular: you should be ashamed of yourselves.
Kid, 9 years old June 27, 2014

It great just a bit innapropiate...

To be honest I LOVE this song but its innapropiate. Smoking, drugs money, etc,. Heres a line thats about money: Never turn down money. So yeah...
Kid, 10 years old June 22, 2014

the opinions of iggy

shes so just always talking about bragging to people thats shes fancy in its not cute to brag some people my be homeless its not cute in it has a little cussing in it . Its not for little kids cause they'll go back repeating things in its not ok because they'll be saying that stuff to visiter the end
Teen, 14 years old Written byRaeBae2000 June 17, 2014

Not too bad

I don't really listen to this type of music but I like this song. I know it's not like a great song. The lyrics are just like every other modern rap song, but it's really fun and get's you hyped up. The lyrics are basically all about getting wasted and partying but honestly it goes right over young kids heads.
Kid, 9 years old June 7, 2014

I love this song a lot even though it is inappropriate for my little brother who is 7 and im 9. Lots of drinking in this song. Language is frequent too like b-tch, f--k, and s--t