All parent member reviews for "Fashion Is My Kryptonite" (CD Single)

Parent of a 5, 8, and 11 year old Written byCassidy D. April 6, 2013

HORRIBLE SONG!!!

What the heck is wrong with Disney lately? This song is the absolute worst. It sounds EXACTLY like "Sexy and I know it". It is all about how fashion is the only thing that matters on this earth. And the title is talking about KILLING SUPERMAN!!! And really? Up in the club? What seven year old needs to know about being "Up in a club"? And don't get me started on the video. They wear trashy makeup and stupid outfits and just walk around in an abnormal way like a lunatic! This song is horrible and even my 5 year old hates. You can find better music for your kids people!
Parent of an infant, 3, 9, 10, and 17 year old Written byMyNameIsBeaver April 18, 2013

Shows that fashion is "cool" nothing else, Stereotypical.

I don't know about you, but when the girls rap, Don't you think they are copying LMFAO, a drugged and "sexy" party band? The song they copy is Sexy and I know it, They just talk about looking good, its like being true, loyal, and honest doesn't matter. Ever saw those characters in those movies that bully people just because on their looks? "CeCe and Rocky" are those girls. They're like "Yo, look at me walkin on the streets like we VIP" It shows that you need to look good to be cool, that's not a good moral, I know some people who don't think they are ugly and because of songs like this, they do everything to get pretty from buying make-up to plastic surgery! They talk about being in clubs. I admit, I go to clubs, but the club I go to permits 17 and over, these girls are NOWHERE near 17 and they do not need to mention "clubbing" to kids. The beat is horrible to manage, it has extreme auto-tune and it's all about "fashion" It just keeps repeating over and over that fashion is "in" and nothing else, what happened to personality? I wish they would go extinct! There's also some iffy words (sexy) Overall do not recommend and how is fashion a weakness? Writers need better ideas, even the rap does not fit the chorus. I basically put on for age 2 because my kids all hate this song, but a 2 year old would like all the pastel colors and random music in the background, it's even good that they can't UNDERSTAND the lyrics. The music video has all the weird women modeling. They have like really large eyelashes and they are so skinny. I hope to not see a 6 year old copy that! Try again!
Parent Written byMouseSlap August 26, 2012

How did this get through Disney

My baby girl is way far from being "up in da club" any time soon. besides Kryptonite brings harm to Superman.
Parent Written bythisiscommonsense September 4, 2012

Superman Dying!?!?!?!?

My 2 year old daughter LOVES Disney and came asking to buy this single. I went onto iTunes to hear it and I heard scandalising references to Superman dying! If my son heard this single he would be in tears! It also makes you want to buy loads of clothes because it mentions fashion-the Antichrist! So I had to decline, and I blocked everything Disney, Kryptonite and Fashion from her life.
Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 August 22, 2012

fashion is my kryptonite cd single

Families can talk about the importance of fashion in our society. What does it mean to look fashionable or stylish? Do fashion choices change at different stages of life? How are our fashion choices influenced by TV and movies, celebrities, commercials, and our friends? What is your style? What clothes and accessories make your feel comfortable? Uncomfortable?