All member reviews for Fearless

Insightful country love songs have broad appeal.

Kid, 11 years old March 10, 2011

Amazing!

I love this album. It's one of my favorites. There is nothing to be concerned about in this album. One song - Fifteen - says "And Abigail gave everything she had to a boy who changed his mind". This is an amazing album. I would recommend it to anyone.
Teen, 13 years old Written byLibstudent9 February 28, 2011

taylor swift album was so beautiful and unique.but this album is really for teens because taylor swift is also a teen to and she know what some teens are going through .some adults too.
Teen, 15 years old Written byChristian gurl April 25, 2011

Good 4 teens, too much love stuff
Teen, 15 years old Written byurbanrunner460 July 30, 2010

A bit boy obsessive, but wholesome

My first reaction to this CD was that it was very focused on teenage relationships, but it still had that fun, modern/country twist Swift is famous for. No swears, innapropriate sexual messages, or risky behavior, which is rare for Top 40 music today. I would say this is great music for tweens+, just be careful they don't become obsessed with boys and getting into a relationship!
Parent of a 9 and 13 year old Written byhallieandelenasmom June 18, 2010

Okay, I just think the one reference to virginity??

My kids love that song. Hallie knows what she means, but Elena's completely oblivious.
Adult Written byHorsejumper October 23, 2009

great album for everyone!!!

I love her songs, I really liked this album "Love song" is really good!
Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 September 21, 2012

fearless

Families can talk about Taylor Swift's enormous success and widespread appeal. Do you think she's popular because her music speaks to more than just country fans? Which of the songs on this album can you relate to the most? Many of the songs seem very personal. How do you think it would feel to have your private life in the spotlight, as many celebrities do?
Adult Written byBeckstar November 1, 2011

yes, virginity is mentioned. But I don't think kids will get it

Fine album. Yes, one or two references to virginity ( I think there is another one). Which I noticed straight away, but I don't think kids will. By the time they will get it, it won't really matter.
Adult Written bypasofinodee March 17, 2009

If you could only take one CD to listen to on a road trip - Taylor Swift wins

My 11 year old daughter plays Fearless every time we're in the car and grabs me from the other room so I can watch the videos on CMT. It really is a wonderful change from the pop fluff on Radio Disney (sorry HSM3)
Kid, 9 years old August 4, 2015

love story is a good song

Talyor is not inappropriate. Kids no that this is fake. Not real so nothing bad happens kids no that.
Kid, 11 years old February 1, 2015

Amazing album

Great album a classic country album.
Teen, 13 years old Written byUseursense August 16, 2013

LOVE IT SO MUCH.

This is Taylor Swift's best album, BY FAR. seriously, no swears, nothing inapropiate, and the songs are just so amazing. Songs: Fearless--4/5. This one is just so adorable. Beautifully written. Mentions a kiss, but I seriously love it. Fifteen--4/5. This song really seems written from Taylor's heart, and it's just so pretty! I don't really see the virginity loss that CSM mentioned. The line "changed his mind" is in this song, but I do not get how that alludes to virginity loss! It's frustrating me. The whole thing is basically about a freshman year experience. One kiss mentioned, but that's one of my favorite lines. Love Story--5/5. This is one of the best songs on this album. Seriously, it's so magical. It's basically like a Romeo/Juliet thing, so the main subject is basically forbidden love. "Romeo take me somewhere we can be alone. I'll be waiting all we have to do is run." One proposal. Hey Stephen-4/5. This one is basically a girl crushing on a guy who a lot of girls like. Mentions wanting to kiss him in the rain. Really cute. White Horse-4/5. This one makes me cry every time;( It's so sad and amazing. It's a breakup one, and she refers to her ex as a prince the whole time. It's just awesome in a really sad, slow way. You Belong With Me-5/5. THIS ONE IS AWESOME. Beware of epicness. It's about liking a guy that you're sure is PERFECT for you but he likes someone else. This is one of her upbeat ones, and it's certainly fun:) The only iffy line is: "I remember you driving to my house in the middle of the night." Just seems kinda' random. Breathe-5/5. This is one of the sad breakup songs:( But it's great. She's basically regretting a breakup and didn't want the relationship to end. She still loves him;(. Tell Me Why-3/5. Taylor doesn't really shine in this one. It's one of those KAPOW IN YOUR FACE ones, and her vocals aren't the best. It's actually a little mean once you think about it, but not that bad. I think the lyrics are clever in an "okay..." way. You're Not Sorry-5/5. Can I give it more than a five? No? Okay, fine. This is so beautiful in one of those bittersweet, sad, KAPOW IN YOUR FACE, slow ways, if you know what I mean. :). Think a better version of "We are never getting back together". Way better. You listen closely, and you'll get the same vibe, kind of. Apparently the guy kept saying sorry and then ending the relationship and then going back for the girl over and over. You can really get her hurt in this. The Way I Loved You-5/5. I want to give this one like, a twenty! I think it should've been the cover song... Just saying. This is about a girl stuck in a relationship, wishing her last one hadn't ended. It's so true; basically saying that sometimes love is hard, and the guy you love could be totally frustrating. "I miss screaming and fighting and kissing in the rain. It's two AM and I'm cursing your name. So in love that I acted insane and that's the way I loved you. Breaking down and coming undone, it's a roller coaster kind of rush and I never knew I could feel that much, and that's the way I loved you." Beautifully written. Forever and Always-4/5. KAPOW IN YOUR FACE song. But this is much better than Tell Me Why, seriously. It's a tone down from it on the insulting stuff, and basically tells a story instead of saying "you're so horrible." Really sad once you think about it, actually. Her vocals are great for the mood of this song, even though they don't really shine. The Best Day-5/5. IT'S NOT ABOUT A BOYFRIEND!!!!! It's about FAMILY!!!!!! Yay! I had a little discussion with my friend about which parent it's about, since it never says, but I think it's about a mother/daughter relationship. It's basically like she's remembering some small, sweet moments in her life. Change-5/5. This is another one that I think should've been the cover song. It's about fighting for what you believe, and I can't help but think of my favorite dystopian novels when I hear this;). Basically says to not back down even when it's hard. "It's hard to fight when the fight ain't fair." It's a great last song for the album. Total album's score: 4.46153846/5!!!!!!!!!!! (I did the math. Average of all the songs' scores.) So yeah.... AMAZING!!!!!!;);):):)
Kid, 11 years old February 23, 2013

Good For Tweens

I can safely say this is my favorite Taylor Swift album. Just so everyone knows Taylor Swift's The Best Day song is actually more of a song towards your entire family with the lyrics " I have an excellent father. His strength is making me stronger. God smiles on my little brother." Great album overall.
Teen, 13 years old Written bytaylorswiftdiannagon February 17, 2013

taylorswift dianna agron

One of the best albums and artist of the twenty first century but what song refers to virginity lost?
Teen, 13 years old Written byhellokittycaroline March 29, 2012

Great Cd

WTF is the matter with csm? 12 and up?! wow. Anyways amazing CD, amazing vocals, and songs. Love yuo TSwift!
Kid, 12 years old January 24, 2012

I

I think its good for all ages above 8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(:
Kid, 11 years old January 21, 2012

Taylor rocks!

Taylor is very talented, but she is still learning; I find that her music really brings out feelings and what she's singing about into your head, you almost feel like you're apart of it. I love how she has soft sweet songs, but also really loud and expressive songs too. Taylor is a great rolemodel for tween girls, and I love that she likes being a good role model. That shows girls that its good to be a good role model for others. I hope Taylor will never end up like Miley or Brittney. I think Tay doesn't want to get caught up in all the fame and fortune, I think she wants to be known as a normal girl. I like that alot.
Teen, 14 years old Written byrebma97 October 8, 2011

Nice Album (3.5 stars)

Not my favorite TS album, but good. Most of the songs are about romance, and the single "Fifteen" implies sexual activity: "Abigal gave everything to a boy who changed his mind". Also, the messages in the song "Tell Me Why" (my favorite song) arent that good; even though a girl knows that her boyfriend is being rude, but one line implied that she wants to stay with him ("I need you like heartbeat/but you know you've got a mean streak"). And since some of the songs about breakups, the lyrics can be slightly bitter. But some songs have good messages, like in "You're Not Sorry" it says that you should get out of a bad relationship. And "Change" is about making a change. I'd give it 3.5 stars.
Adult Written byhelenmirrenrox May 27, 2011

TS

This is a nice CD. She carries on even when her heart is broken and teaches about REAL love and kid fairytales. She does mention love, kisses and a secret love but, all in a nice normal mannor.
Kid, 11 years old April 22, 2011

Amazing and with True Passion & Meaning to Every Song!!

I feel Taylor Swift is an amazing person who can sing and has great messages to her songs. She sings about love which actually IS NOT a bad thing. My favorite song is "Forever & Always." P. S I'd give this more than five stars if possible.