Kid reviews for "Fireflies" (CD single)

Upbeat song about insomnia is odd but inoffensive.

Teen, 14 years old Written byBrainierRain June 9, 2020

Anyone!

Really anyone can listen to it. Not bad or good. I think the sounds mixed into the song sounds cool.
Teen, 15 years old Written byCooltiger37 September 5, 2018

Hit song is G-rated, but incredibly boring

While there's nothing even remotely offensive in this song to worry about, it's really boring and annoying. The only violent thing about this song is that Adam Young's voice is so whiny and annoying that I want to punch him in the face. A better (though much raunchier) song about insomnia is Green Day's "Brain Stew".
Teen, 15 years old Written bybiovox14 December 19, 2016

Such a weird song :)

Love Owl City and all of his works! He's a Christian, and though not all of his songs say it, they still hold the beliefs that he has:) Listen to this along with all of his other songs.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBlake_Slaughter January 20, 2014

Love this song

Don't even think you have to be at least 2 for most of the songs I rate, they just don't give a lower age. Odd but, really good song.
Kid, 11 years old December 3, 2012

Fun Owl City song

A little bit of a weird song but I really like it. Hip song. Fun for all ages.Definitely.
Kid, 11 years old November 30, 2012

AMAZING!

I'm glad someone is speaking up about Sleeping Disorders such as Insomnia<3

Great job, Mr. Young!!!

Kid, 10 years old September 20, 2012

Rather interesting...

Man, I loved this song back when it came out in 2009 (I was six or seven). I even went as far as calling it "the greatest song ever invented". Now I'm not that fond of it, but it's not terrible or anything. It's okay.
Teen, 14 years old Written byNLRicci September 11, 2012

Nothing to worry about here.

Fine for pre-teens, nothing questionable. Not exactly positive or negative. Different sound, but I like it.

Teen, 17 years old Written byabbacus June 14, 2012

Really good!

This is a great song for all ages!
Teen, 16 years old Written byanders09ma May 27, 2012

Fireflies

I really like this song! Very catchy and fun! :D

Kid, 12 years old January 18, 2012

electronic sound

suitable for almost anyone, but I've met people who don't like the electronic sound.

Teen, 14 years old Written byrebma97 November 4, 2011

Interesting song

I never understood what the lyrics in this song meant, but I knew it wasn't all about fireflies. It is a bit odd, but it's kind of catchy. I didn't hear anything innaproriate in it. 3.5/4 stars

Teen, 13 years old Written byonyxprincess July 3, 2011

BEAUTIFUL! Check out Ocean Eyes!

It's ODD???? No, it's a beautifully written, creative song, but not odd. Anything that's different to this generation is dubbed as "odd" but this song is amazing, while not as good as some other Owl City songs, another masterpiece by Adam Young. Off for 6 and under? There is nothing, I repeat NOTHING bad in this! And "So far" Adam has steered clear of questionable behavior? He's 25 and he's made it a point that he will not ever engage in bad behavior! He can't even watch an R rated movie without cringing every time someone cusses and he turns it off! He's a fabulous role model, correct, but he will always remain one. Get someone better to do your reviews.
Teen, 15 years old Written bystripesanddots May 15, 2011

Odd, But Good

While this song is strange, it's also really catchy and creative. I like it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byOwl City Super Fan May 10, 2011
I love it it has helped me to over come some of my insomnia. It has also helped me recover from depresion.

Kid, 8 years old March 10, 2011

Perfect for ages 6+

Good song. I've heard it lots and i even have it on my iPod and MP3 player. But it's really quiet.

Kid, 9 years old February 23, 2011

imagination medicine.

Fireflies is a great song about trouble with sleeping and solving that problem by using your imagination to count not sheep, but fireflies. The band really makes a peaceful message and owl city is my favorite band. It is the perfect song to cheer you up on a bad day, or make a great day better.

Teen, 14 years old Written byCrazyKaulitzWriter February 4, 2011

Great.

Really good song. Kinda weird, but completely unoffencive and innocent.
Kid, 12 years old February 1, 2011

amazing!!!

This is my favorite (and pretty much only) band. (if it's really a band). I have insomnia and the lyrics are descriptive and very real. It's not anything like most of the popular music which is pretty much people singing about being dumped. That particular artist might have just been dumped, but I honestly get sick of hearing about so many people's love problems and prefer to listen to something that will make me happy.
Some of the songs in other albums have references to kissing and stuff like that, but nothing innapropriate for 10+.
I think this song is appropriate for anyone, but might appeal more to older kids and younger teens.
I personally prefer Ranbow Veins, but some of the youtube videos are rather innapropriate. But, then again, it's youtube so what can you expect.

Kid, 10 years old January 29, 2011

Perfect for kids of all ages.

Owl City(AdamYoung)is my most favoraite songwriter!