Parent reviews for "Firework" (CD single)

Unusually clean Perry song emphasizes self-esteem.

Adult Written byMy Pop Culture ... February 3, 2021

Nice song about self esteem.

I think this song is one of Perry's iconic projects. It has a very good message about self esteem. I listen to lots of songs about self esteem like this one, "Rise Up" by Andra Day and Don't Stop Beliving. It is not perfect but i like mr. perry vocals in this one. It is very clean. i don't like to listen to lots of dirty songs so i'll probably listen to songs like this whenever i feel like im not good enough.

Parent Written byMomma K. June 27, 2017

Great song with a great message!

This song is definetly appropriote for all ages, with its empowering lyrics and catchy beat. Well done Katy Perry!

Adult Written byclarence August 6, 2015
Parent of an infant, 6, and 8-year-old Written byMomma comma July 15, 2013

Katy Perry's best song

Let your kids see this

Parent Written byCooldee October 2, 2012

Stay positive, strong, and true to yourself!

The messages of this song are to stay positive, be strong, and be true to yourself, no matter what.

Adult Written byAbigail1975000 July 14, 2012

Firework

Self esteem song, okay for everyone

Adult Written byAl Jackson April 18, 2012

Great job KP!

This song is really catchy! It even has great role models AND great messages!
Adult Written byRockybalboa211 February 24, 2012

Not good at all...

A horrible album! What happened to good wholesome entertainers such as Michael Jackson or Christopher Cross? No positive messages at all can be taken from this album.

Parent of a 10, 10, and 15-year-old Written byGizmo the Mogwai June 12, 2011

I didn't like it, but...

Personally, I don't like this song. It is played a hundred times on the radio, but lots of kids like it, including mine. It does have a positive message but it is very weird. I don't call people fireworks. Aside from that, the video is very suggestive. Your kids can listen to the song, but not the video.

Parent of a 10 and 12-year-old Written bybrown_eyed_girl April 8, 2011

Perky and upbeat with good message

Finally a clean song by Katy Perry! Catchy, upbeat and fun with a positive message.

The video is racy for younger kids, showing teens jumping in pool after stripping to their underwear, two boys sharing a passionate kiss, etc.

Adult Written byjermainedaman April 3, 2011

Perfect 4 all ages

Welll just look at the lyrics not the music video

Parent Written byKonichiwa March 14, 2011

Suprising California Gurl

Wow. Katy is a great singer and this song sends a great message. My sons friends and him love this song.

Adult Written by90210fan February 2, 2011
Love it good message for all ages

Parent of a 5, 8, and 11-year-old Written byCessi December 26, 2010
Super song, very positive. One homosexual reference in the video, but I would rather my kids see that with me when I can handle questions, than out somewhere with non-parental guidance. Another user mentioned fireworks from peoples, breasts, they are all coming from the "heart" its a metaphor, it isn't sexual.

Written byAnonymous December 22, 2010
My kids and I love this very catchy song. Great message. Be aware, though, those who love youtube will probably want to see the video, which is also really cool, but there is a kiss between 2 men, one of whom seems to be struggling with coming "out".

Adult Written bykatamaris4ever December 21, 2010

Surprisingly... Good!

I normally don't like listening to "hit" music when kids (6-10) are around, but for some reason this isn't such a bad song. I think that Perry still sings better than Ke$ha (If you don't believe me, pick up her album when her name was Katy Hudson, no autotune there), and the message about being who you want to be is empowering. The music video may leave second thoughts about the song (the fact that Perry is emitting fireworks from her breasts for example), but overall it's a really nice song to listen to, compared to other sleazy singles on the radio.

Adult Written byAncoraImparo December 20, 2010

Great message, terrible singing

It's a great message and all that, but she should have given it to another pop artist who can actually sing - like Lady Gaga or Beyonce - because she's terrible at hitting the high notes and her live performances of this song are just awful. That being said, the music video is wonderful, and I'm glad that she chose to include the gay couple because that's a message that a lot of LGBTQ teens need to hear. I'm appalled at the commenters on here are saying that it's inappropriate because "kids should not be exposed to gay people". Why not? They're no less normal than straight people.

Adult Written byJoe-SF December 18, 2010
Hate to say it---this song great on me & is a lot of fun.
Parent of a 15-year-old Written by16gardenw December 16, 2010
okay what the heck common sense media????? i mean u rate this song 10 and up???? its all about empowerment, and that u can be urself! dont kids need to know that they can be themselves??? YAH THEY DO! so my question is, why cant younger kids be empowered too?

Parent of a 3, 6, 11, 13, 14, and 16-year-old Written by2manykids November 30, 2010

Good for no one

This terrible attempt at music actually hurts my ears. When my daughter Zoey turned it on I though we were listening to Cinemax on tape. Perry's lyrics emphazies SEX SEX SEX. In one song she sings about how girls in California love to have sex on a beach and are pretty much open for bussiness sluts. This sterotype is not acceptable by anyone, no matter how famous. Bottom line it is very inapproprite.