All member reviews for "Firework" (CD single)

Unusually clean Perry song emphasizes self-esteem.

Kid, 11 years old August 19, 2011

Great

I would say it's iffy for kids under 6 just because they can't understand self esteem and they take things to literally, but it's not inappropriate for them. Great song, very clean and appropriate for most kids.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMeTheCrazyOne99TWO August 11, 2011

XD LUV IT!!!!

I love this song! It's the first song I ever heard by Katy, and it got me hooked on her music and I was eager to hear more!!! This song is upbringing, and completely about self esteem and being yourself! And unlike most self esteem song, the message of it isn't to "worship yourself" it's to just be yourself, no matter what other people think, you're wonderful the way you are, etc.! It's extremely fun and catchy, fun to sing along, easy to dance to, and will bring a smile to any kid's face. It's perfect for all ages, the only reason I put 7 and up is because younger kids don't understand the message and don't care for music yet. But this song does get old after a while. I recommend it, but adults would think it's stupid. I can understand that, this music isn't meant for the adult crowd. LOL... bye!
Kid, 9 years old August 3, 2011

Katy u are cool again

I heart the song the video.
Kid, 10 years old July 17, 2011

Cleaned up

Katy Perry has toned down the partying and inappropriate behavior for a nice squeaky clean song about loving yourself, and being an individual. LOVE IT!
Kid, 11 years old July 15, 2011

Amazing Song

I love it, though a kid pushes his dad and theres some kissing and girls are shown in bikinis
Kid, 9 years old July 14, 2011

The Perfect Single for All Ages!:D

First of all, Common Sense needs to know, that's the wrong picture for Firework. Me and my sister were laughing about that (it's a California Gurls picture). I LOVE THIS SONG! I don't know why common sense gave it three stars. No offense AGAIN, common sense doesn't have common sense. Why'd you give it three stars? There's nothing wrong with it. You guys are so picky, you waste your time complaining about inappropriate songs but when there's finally a good one you complain about that too. Anyways, this is a great song. My big sister used to listen to it when she was sad;it's a very uplifting song. As long as you don't let two year old's listen to other songs by Perry, it'll be fine.To wrap this up, this song is packed with self-esteem and I LOVE IT.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTheVampire July 6, 2011

Boom Boom Boom, even brighter than the Moon Moon Moon

when i 1st wached the video, i thought that the sparks were flying from Katy''s "censord", but relized i was rong. i saw nothing that makes me cringe (compared to gaga) and i luv the message. i espeicially luv the lines "your original, cannot be replaced" "maybe the reason why all the doors are closed so you can open one that leads you to the perfect road" "cuz baby your a firework, c'mon show em wat your worth"
Kid, 10 years old July 5, 2011

Good song for tweens

One of katy's most clean songs and it has good messages its a good song for tweens
Kid, 10 years old June 29, 2011

some good parts, inspiring and innovative song but badly written and sung. don't listen to it unless you want to hear a sweet song (thats horrible.)

this song has good lyrics that are sweet, but Katy just can't pull it of with her horrible screaming two note of key singing. the one line have you ever felt, like a waste of space, your original then I forget the last part (sorry) is a good part but I cover my ears when the song comes on. very clean singing wise but the video has some suggestive parts and sexual themes like a gay guy.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycolormestupid June 22, 2011

terrible.

oh my lord, what has the music industry come to? this song is godawful. it gets stuck in your head all the time; the lyrics are cheesy and ineffective ("do you ever feel like a plastic bag?" WTF!) **sighs** i guess i should stop ranting, but please. don't let autotune take over the goddam world
Parent of a 10, 10, and 15 year old Written byGizmo the Mogwai June 12, 2011

I didn't like it, but...

Personally, I don't like this song. It is played a hundred times on the radio, but lots of kids like it, including mine. It does have a positive message but it is very weird. I don't call people fireworks. Aside from that, the video is very suggestive. Your kids can listen to the song, but not the video.
Kid, 10 years old June 11, 2011

Great Message

It is a great song for kids who feel uncomfortable with themselves. The message is a great one.
Kid, 12 years old June 10, 2011

Amazing Self Esteem Song

I love this song!!!!! It gives a positive message and uplifts you, tells you that you're amazing the way you are, there is nothing wrong with this song, it's awesome! I love the beat! It has nothing bad in it, AND it is upbringing. This song makes me feel good whenever I listen to it! I listen to it when I'm down-sometimes-not often.
Kid, 12 years old June 8, 2011

Great, clean song

A great song, it encourages you to believe in yourself and has a positive message. Unlike other Katy Perry songs, this one really has no bad hings like sex, language, and adult stuff
Kid, 11 years old June 5, 2011

Inspiring song

this song is a good song about letting who you really are out and caring what other people say about you.
Teen, 16 years old Written bylove88 May 27, 2011

love it

its very positive i love and i am 16 its sooo amazing it makes me feel up when i am down i love it says baby your a firework!
Kid, 11 years old May 26, 2011

Katy Perry does have a good side!

This song shows that Katy Perry isn't always the crazy,blue-wigged woman. She wants to encourage others to be a firework and be strong. The music video in one part is a little bit inappropriate because a man kisses another man.
Kid, 11 years old May 21, 2011
Boring song, don't like Katy Perry.
Kid, 11 years old May 21, 2011

A good song for tweens

a suprisingly clean katy perry song
Kid, 7 years old May 9, 2011
It does not have any bad words like f***k. When I listen to it my brother GETS MY PHONE AND PRESSES THE DONE BUTTON ON YOUTUBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!