All member reviews for "Firework" (CD single)

Unusually clean Perry song emphasizes self-esteem.

Teen, 16 years old Written byנαηє December 1, 2010

Postive Messages - Negative?

It's a little suggestive, the music video. The song is clean, and tells you to show the world how you are, and shine as YOU are, not what others expect you to be. Although, there is a situation of a gay boy sitting around - angry with himself - and kisses the other boy. I really don't think little kids should be exposed to being gay at such a young age - they should stay straight. Another situation in the video, a girl is ashamed to join in the pool party because of her large breasts. She finally comes out and shows the others at the party that she doesn't care and shows them who she is.
Parent of a 3, 6, 11, 13, 14, and 16 year old Written by2manykids November 30, 2010

Good for no one

This terrible attempt at music actually hurts my ears. When my daughter Zoey turned it on I though we were listening to Cinemax on tape. Perry's lyrics emphazies SEX SEX SEX. In one song she sings about how girls in California love to have sex on a beach and are pretty much open for bussiness sluts. This sterotype is not acceptable by anyone, no matter how famous. Bottom line it is very inapproprite.
Parent of a 3, 4, 7, 10, 16, and 18+ year old Written bySupreme_OverLor... November 30, 2010

Ke$ha in disguise

Actually, this is a terrible CD. All of Perry's songs have underlinging messages about drugs and sex. She is just a diguised Ke$ha
Parent of a 10 year old Written byejkdmom November 28, 2010

Great song with a great message

I love it. The song's meaning is about being yourself and it is positive. Great dialogue and the older your kid is the more they will understand, the younger will love the tune and get it eventually.
Kid, 11 years old November 27, 2010
Kid, 11 years old November 25, 2010

Unlike any of her songs.

This sond is compleatly different from all of Katy's, and it's awesome! It's very catchy (to me at least), and has a positive message. Nothing to worry about!.... Unless you see the music video (in the music video strange things happen. Fireworks came out of a very odd place too.)
Teen, 14 years old Written byxAndreax November 22, 2010
Katy Perry's songs are AMAZING.Plus the song tell kids to feel good about themselves and boost their self-esteem
Teen, 13 years old Written bymanay_4511 November 17, 2010
BEST SONG EVER!! KATY PERRY RULES!!
Teen, 16 years old Written byteamjacobgirl2.0 November 16, 2010

Great Song

Like almost every Katy Perry song, this song ROCKS!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byFireworkFanatic November 14, 2010

Perfect For Almost Everyone

Usually Katy Perry sings about terrible topics but it's nice to see her have concern for peoples self esteem. In this song i can listen without worrying what i'm listening to.
Kid, 11 years old November 14, 2010

Great song

I love this song it's so good!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byBook Hugger November 10, 2010
LOVE it! Everyone, please log on to youtube.com to listen!!
Educator and Parent of a 10 year old Written bywillowfaierie November 10, 2010

awesome (and inspirational)

we jam to it all the time! nothing to worry about!