All member reviews for "F**k You" (CD single)

Kid, 10 years old April 24, 2011

F-BOMB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This song has 16 uses of the F-word and 8 uses of s**t. But there is a clean version called "Forget You"
Kid, 12 years old March 27, 2011

Forget you...

I see ya drivin' 'round town with the girl I love, and I'm like...FORGET YOU. I've heard this song a ton! My local radio station loves it! Like, sure the original version is bad, but the clean version is like an old time song with a modern twist. Great song without the language.
Kid, 12 years old March 22, 2011

RATED NC-17

Honestly. This song is BAD. The tune might be catchy, but the lyrics...,. Parents, PLEASE, just consider the title. Do you really think this is a choice for KIDS??? The only reason I gave this song five stars is because you can get a version called FORGET You. I reccomend the Glee version;Gwyneth Paltrow sings it MUCH better and there's no cussing. But that's just me.
Teen, 15 years old Written byTanked out September 23, 2010

funny song

This song is kind of funny actually. And guess what? The guy (whoever he is) can actually sing. AND THIS SONG IS ON THE RADIO!!! That's right! A person with talent is on the radio. Before everyone starts laughing at me just listen to the song and you'll see that this is actually true. Anyway being a bit more serious, the song's lyrics are intentionally funny. It isn't about "being bitter" or "mad". The song's intention (in my opinion) is to be a joke. Anyway hopefully this guy will come out with something else sometime soon.
Teen, 13 years old Written byIGotTheMagic May 12, 2011

Dirty version iffy, clean version perfect

The song is full of cusses. I listen to the clean version "Forget You" which is just as amazing without the cursing. Clean Version is fine for 11+.
Kid, 11 years old February 22, 2011

Fun song but bad language

This is a Song i really like and think its catchy. I dont like all the cruse words like S---t and F---k. But i mean i listen to the Forget you version so ya
Kid, 10 years old November 8, 2010

This is a good song with lots of F*cks AND s*its AND A nigg*. xbox and atari are mentioned
Teen, 14 years old Written byamy rose rox October 2, 2010

I Didn't even no it had the word F**k in it all I heard was Forget you ooh ooh ooh.Its so catchy I love the 60s or is it 50s vibe it has.I always find my self tap dancing to this song when its on the radio.I think its Fine song.I ALSO THINK COMMONSENSE HAS BOGUS REVIEWERS THAT MAKE EVERY BOOK,MOVIE,SHOW AND SONG LOOK LIKE HORRIBLE INAPPROPRIATE CONTENT WHEN IT REALLY IS NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:<
Teen, 13 years old Written byAli J May 15, 2011

Clean version is fine for 2+
Teen, 15 years old Written byLuke.K.in.SJ March 23, 2011

Ain't That Some Shhhhh...

Truthfully, I really like this song. Its upbeat, and catchy, and gets stuck in your head really easily. Even though everyone has heard the f-bomb and such before, the cussing may still a problem for you. Like many others have said, the "Forget You" version is much more kid friendly. And don't fear, there is a non-glee version for all of you who like Cee Lo's voice.
Teen, 17 years old Written bySynchronicity March 4, 2011

Who hasn't heard the f-bomb before? Perfectly fine for teens. Also, an awesome song, too.

I love how Cee-Lo pairs modern thoughts, hopes and dreams with a classic sound that could've been produced by Barry Gordy. It should come as no surprise that his new signature song "F*ck You" is being hailed as a new classic. And I definitely agree. Even with the frequent use of f*ck's and sh*ts, as well as a pair of n-words and a use of the term "a$$", this song is one of the best I've heard in ages. Just because there's more than a bit of profanity doesn't mean that the song is just bad. Heck, most teens have heard and said these words whenever they're around their peers, but if you're too concerned with the profanity, listen to the versions entitled "Forget You" or "F You" (with that exact title). They still have the same good message of just moving on from a gold-digging woman who you've been in love with for quite some time. Not only that, but Cee-Lo's an excellent role model, even though he uses a bunch of f-bombs in this song (obviously). His entire album The Lady Killer (only given a Parental Advisory for this song) has a lot of positive messages about love and a nice neo-soul sound. So, overall, "F*ck You" is an awesome song, and while I understand that quite a few would scoff at the profanity, I think it's perfectly OK for teens. Age rating summary: "F*ck You" on for 14+, "Forget You" on for 10+, "F You" on for 12+, and the album The Lady Killer (as a whole) on for 13+.
Teen, 14 years old Written byParamoreFan09 February 23, 2011

The "Forget You" Version is better.

the message in the "forget you" version is better. the meaning of "forget you" in that song is basically like "you were a jerk, so im just gonna get over you and I'll be okay." the f**k you version is negative, and basically just unnecessary bad language. The song is just as good (if not better) in the clean version. I even read somewhere that "forget you" was how Bruno Mars wrote it, and Cee Lo changed it to "F**k you" to give it an edge or whatever. Still, I love the style of the vocals and its a really fun song. Get the clean version to dance with with friends!
Kid, 11 years old February 21, 2011

Good Song

This is actually a fun song. It's catchy, and when I have it in my head I can't get it out. The edited version is much, much cleaner, with "forget you" instead of "f--- you". The messages aren't positive, but I think that it's just a fun song.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTheMadster April 5, 2011

There are different versions...

This song is fun and catchy! A great song. If you let your kids listen to it you should not let them listen to the original version where he actually says "Fuc* You". I have the version of the song where he says "Forget You" and there are NO swear words, they take all of them out. And there is ANOTHER version where he says "F YOU" Which, I believe, takes out all the swear words, but im not fully sure.
Kid, 9 years old April 10, 2011

not for kids

to much words. listen to the forget you version is on for 8+.just the edited one.the other one not this version but the second one is iffy for 12-16.THIS ONE NOT FOR KIDS.THIS SHOULD BE FORGET YOU.
Teen, 14 years old Written byrebma97 March 29, 2011

Catchy song but bad language

I've only listened to the clean version. However, I can tell already that it's an explicit song. The biggest issue is the language (they use the F word many, many times) ans they also use the s word and the a word. Also, this song is about someone who was angry that someone broke up with them so they're saying "F you!" But it sounds like the person isn't mad in this song; it has a lighthearted tone. I suggest you get the clean version, Forget You, if you don't want to hear the language.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMrTanokki April 2, 2011

Catchy tune, but the novelty of the swearing wears off fast.

Cee-Lo Green has an excellent voice and this song is defenintley an ear worm. Futher more, the message of moving on from a bad relationship is well put. However, the novelty from the repeated swearing wears off quickly, so it's a better to buy Forget You or F You if plan on listening regularly.
Kid, 11 years old August 12, 2011

F*ck You, a gritty good song

AWESOME, but 4 younger kids get Forget You!
Kid, 12 years old August 23, 2011

Dude... Who cares about "the F-bomb"?

It's a great great song the music video is hilarious! I know its all f**k and a lot of you people are aperantly sensitive to this but I started listening to it with my friends and at parties when I was 11 so... I say pause on 11 because there are 11 year olds a lot more mature than others. Otherwise I'd say 12+ you know we're in junior high!!! Get over it!
Kid, 10 years old March 14, 2014