Kid reviews for Folie a Deux

Madness is contagious in riotous but teen-friendly LP.

Teen, 15 years old Written byxaltrockgirlx September 11, 2011

As the band grows up, so does the audience

This is probably their poppiest album to date. Don't get me wrong; their good stuff on here is really good ("Headfirst Slide into Cooperstown on a Bad Bet", "I Don't Care", "27") and it is clear Patrick Stump got more of a say on this record, being as he is more pop-influenced, led to a totally different sound one would have expected five years earlier from Take This to Your Grave. Now, content that may concern parents. There is stronger language for their latest album, most notably in the song "27" ("if home is where the heart is/then we're all just f***ed is sung twice). As per usual FOB album, sex is referenced in a lot of their songs, but not as many as say, From Under the Cork Tree or Infinity on High. There were way more drug references than the CSM reviewer mentioned, like "doing lines of dust and sweat off of last night's stage", but they're still all metaphorical. Still a good album, just more mature.

Teen, 15 years old Written bylalaland462 May 28, 2009

I love fall out boy! I was in love with them since forever really.This CD really has mixed messages, but its like a therapy session for me because Patrick's voice is amazing. I don't mind the fact that not every one likes them and if they hate them then that's their problem. If you have the time defiantly check them out
Kid, 12 years old March 23, 2016

Folie !!!

AMAZING ALBUM. in the song "27" it says the F word twice so it might got be appropriate for kids 7 and under. W.A.M.S. Is my favorite off Folie à Deux tbh. ALL THE SONGS ARE GREAT TOO. I love how Brendon Urie (lead singer from panic! at the disco) featured in "20 dollar nosebleed".

Teen, 13 years old Written bythelight98 December 2, 2011

love it

this is their best album, i especially love "West Coast Smoker".

Teen, 16 years old Written bymarhardin October 25, 2010

Teen, 13 years old Written bymusicaddict4444 April 29, 2010
Teen, 13 years old Written bydeathnotegirl November 28, 2009

Not as great previous CDs, but still worth a listen

Fall Out Boy kind of missed the mark with this album. It doesn't have the same energy the others did. Also, there aren't nearly enough extremely long song titles. Still, there are some good songs on this album.( Disloyal Order of Water Buffaloes, Tiffany Blews, Headfirst Slide into Cooperstown on a Bad Bet)

Teen, 13 years old Written byBMPunk October 5, 2009

Not the Best but Still Awesome

Fall Out Boy is one of my favorite bands and this album did not disappoint. Although it had some tracks that sent wrong messages or Expletives ("I Don't Care" and "27", respectively), it had many great songs ("Headfirst Slide into Cooperstown On a Bad Bet", "What a Catch, Donnie"). Overall, great CD.

Kid, 12 years old October 4, 2009

BEWARE of the song 27!!!

I just got this CD recently, and I loved it! It's a perfect blend of alternative and punk music. BUT... in the song 27, they say the "f - bomb" TWO TIMES! That's why I just skip that song. I think that ages twelve and up could listen to it, AS LONG AS THEY SKIP THE TRACK 27!!!

Teen, 14 years old Written byAlysonAtTheDisco June 24, 2009

I Love Fall Out Boy!

I love Fall Out Boy!(yes i said it again) There isnt much drug refrence other than 'Shoot the Sunshine into my veins' and 'Doing lines of dust and sweat...' how could you miss that people? well i do have it al memmorized. Other than that its pretty clean, except for 2 swear words in 27
Teen, 14 years old Written byfilm geek September 25, 2015

Call me Mr Benzadrine

This is such a great fun album from Fall Out Boy, with probably the most diverse mixture of deep and pointless lyrics ever. There's a level of profanity and some songs can really get quite dark and deep. Especially the song 'What a Catch' ft. Donnie where the opening lines are "I've got troubled thoughts and a self esteem to match, what a catch". Still a wonderful album with some great messages. Also never the same without the wonders of Patricks wonderful voice, the talents of Pete Wentz, Andy Hurley and Joe Trohmam. Also has some guests along the way, like Brendon Urie (Lead singer of Panic! At the Disco). A great album overall.

Kid, 12 years old August 10, 2009

Fall out boy is my fave band!

I LOve this cd!!! i want it so bad lol

Teen, 17 years old Written bySlipknotsarah July 10, 2009
well, they like to sing about sex, but overall its a great cd.
Teen, 13 years old Written byQuatravious September 6, 2015

amazing FOB album

There are a few drug references, but the main reason I put the age so high is because of one song. It is my favorite song on the album, but it is nicknamed a narcissist's anthem for a reason. That doesn't portray a great role model, but it is kind of funny in my opinion being older but some younger kids might pick up some behavior they should't do. The only other thing is the language. There is a few F bombs but on like 2 times and everything else you could hear on the radio. I am 12, but I bought the album at 11 any mature 11 year old should be able to handle it
Teen, 14 years old Written bykojimoto June 1, 2012

Yawn

A few songs are pretty darn catchy, but aside from that, the album is boring. 27 uses the F word twice, and another one uses GD a few times. A few sexual situations show up on a few songs but nothing explicit. Overall just go stream it, it's not worth THAT much time.

Teen, 15 years old Written byamazinggena May 13, 2017

Little to no swear words or references

It's pretty clean. It's also one of my favorite albums.

Teen, 13 years old Written bybass_player41 May 24, 2016

Awesome to jam out in the car

I'm thirteen and I love fallout boy! All of my family does it's just us. We'll have it on in the car on full blast go back fourth. There's not much to worry about except innuendos and drug references here and there. When this came out I was 5 or 6. I wouldn't be that extreme, but I wouldn't wait until 14.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySouth_Park_Pony September 25, 2016

This album is highly underrated

The bad reviews of this album is the reason they went on hiatus for 3 years so everyone shut TF up when there is the f word and stuff cause it's not like you never hear those words out in everyday life. It's just music and everyone can enjoy it if it's the kind they like. It has good songs on it and if you know the meaning behind what a catch Donnie you'll regret anything bad you said about this album (most likely) I rated it 7+ cause younger kids might not appreciate it

Teen, 14 years old Written byzerealevilcelery May 20, 2009

Dear Adult Contributer who first commented:

Times change. Sometimes music happens that never should've disco??. Sadly enough, falloutboy has gone down hill since From Under the Cork Tree. Infinity on High was decent with several good songs. This one was ok with a few good songs. Limited sex/drugs, music videos for bands that sell out tend to be bad. Music and videos are separate, remember. Just because they hear a song doesn't mean they automatically envision people taking old mens' walkers.
Teen, 13 years old Written byLord of Sushi April 18, 2009

Great Fall Out Boy CD!

This CD is a great addition to your CD collection! Violence: Some. Sex: None. Language: Just 2 uses of the F Word in the song, 27. Drugs/Alchohol/Tobacco: One mention of drugs in 27. Racism: None. A great CD for mature tweens and any teen!